Dear People in Libya

DeletedUser59586

Islam itself can be disgusting, but Muslims are okay. Obviously there are exceptions.

Humanity can be pretty disgusting. It doesn't need the harsh parts of a religion to make people do shitty things. Most forms of terrorism have been caused just as much by imperialist expansion as by religion I'd bet.

DeletedUser

Have you met actual Muslims?

Yes. Most of my friends are Muslims. But they aren't strict and don't take it so seriously, and tend to ignore the bad bits to their religion.

I hate religion.

I don't hate religious people though.

+1

guys before posting something like hating one certain religion, please do consider that there is a big chance that some one might be offended. I can assure you there are a lot of people around the world who hates Christianity as well !!

I hate them all.

It treats women with respect.

Are you trolling?
Read the Koran at around 2:220ish. To be fair both the Koran and Shariah grant some rights for women they should have no more than men do and restrict some rights they obviously should have. But the Qu'ran says itself that men are superior and that they are a 'level' above women.

Humanity can be pretty disgusting. It doesn't need the harsh parts of a religion to make people do shitty things. Most forms of terrorism have been caused just as much by imperialist expansion as by religion I'd bet.

Correct, but that's not to say that the world wouldn't be better of without religion.

DeletedUser96141

Are you trolling?
Read the Koran at around 2:220ish. To be fair both the Koran and Shariah grant some rights for women they should have no more than men do and restrict some rights they obviously should have. But the Qu'ran says itself that men are superior and that they are a 'level' above women.
Nope am not trolling.
And the Quran never says that men are superior to women. Give me any translation from a Shia approved marja which says that :)

Asylum Escapee

Nope am not trolling.
And the Quran never says that men are superior to women. Give me any translation from a Shia approved marja which says that :)

"give me an interpretation that I personally subscribe to and it will say what I want it to"

Other views besides yours exist

DeletedUser

Nope am not trolling.

I read it years go, I can't give you the verse out of my mind right now.

DeletedUser96141

"give me an interpretation that I personally subscribe to and it will say what I want it to"

Well im just saying that, at least the sect of islam which i come from (second biggest one) does not agree to what he said

DeletedUser

Irrelephant. Islam does not automatically translate into misogyny. That was his point.

DeletedUser

I agree. <:

DeletedUser107591

Correct, but that's not to say that the world wouldn't be better of without religion.

Religion=Faith, Faith=Hope, Hope= Driving factor of all great things
No I'm not saying that all hope stems from religion... that would be absurd. What I am saying is that for many religion is what allows you to have faith and hope for a better world. I believe religion is an important factor in life whether you practice it or not. What I de believe though is that the radicals from all religious groups or cults are the problem... sometimes the people just need to sit back and smoke a freaking cig.
A movie made by a few American that flames Muslims does not give ANYONE any grounds to attack a completely innocent American and kill him. However on the otherside... because a few Muslims are radical and attack and terrorize Americans we have no grounds to judge ALL of the Muslim population. Both sides are at fault whether directly provoking the other with offensive movies or offensive posts or murders or invading nations.... and everyone who doesn't stand up and apologize is guilty... maybe not directly by doing so but by association.

2 cents,
ImSofaKing Awesome

DeletedUser

If one has to go to religion to find hope, then Earth has already beaten you.

DeletedUser107591

If one has to go to religion to find hope, then Earth has already beaten you.

If one has to join on September 11 to make a "Flame Muslims" post on a online multiplayer forum for entertainment or some sick form of pleasure, then I believe you have absolutely no right to say who the world has beaten because clearly you have been beaten for a long time.

DeletedUser

If one has to join on September 11 to make a "Flame Muslims" post on a online multiplayer forum for entertainment or some sick form of pleasure, then I believe you have absolutely no right to say who the world has beaten because clearly you have been beaten for a long time.

He joined in 2011, dorkus.

FF is just trying to be high and snooty.

DeletedUser

Religion of all types were made to control the masses; they were made to scare people into doing the right thing.

DeletedUser

The quintessential Marxist view. 'Religion is the opium of the masses'.

And one of the points on which I disagree with Marx. What is the first cause? What was it that created the Big Bang? Any scientific hypothesis which presumes to explain where the universe came from is not a scientific hypothesis at all, because it cannot be disproven. We need something which suspends the laws of causality. That thing is God.

Asylum Escapee

The quintessential Marxist view. 'Religion is the opium of the masses'.

And one of the points on which I disagree with Marx. What is the first cause? What was it that created the Big Bang? Any scientific hypothesis which presumes to explain where the universe came from is not a scientific hypothesis at all, because it cannot be disproven. We need something which suspends the laws of causality. That thing is God.

And I thought I was the only religious Marxist ever