Music Album "Part of Me" for your listening (hopefully) pleasure

Spank86

I enjoyed the album, particularly the final track. I don't know if I will purchase it, mostly because I don't have any money right now. The music and vocals were both very nice, though they seemed a bit distant if that makes sense. Overall a good album.

Could be the compression (if you're listening through bandcamp) or the studio engineers work. We're just as happy to share it even if nobody buys it, the reason there's a price at all instead of a give away is because it costs a lot of money to make and this is the only way to afford to make more.

The artwork is the result of me learning photoshop one weekend and then assembling it on one very busy day off from work.

You said listening to that was the auditory equivalent of swimming through the devil's cesspit, exactly what requires more careful reading here.

the invisitext.

Last edited:

MasterFire

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
That's always the problem when you can't really perform your songs live (I'm assuming they don't, since they're missing an actual drummer). Pretty much every band I've been in has produced some albums. And we had music online (for sale) but we also had proper CD's, most of the times we ordered 200 CD's I think. And when you play live people get to enjoy your live performance, and there's always more energy going at a concert than when you're sitting behind the computer with your headphones on.

So when you're hearing a band live and you think the music is good, you're more likely to go "SHIT YEAH I AM GETTING ME ONE OF DEM CEEDEES". Whereas behind the computer you might go "This is pretty good, but I won't bother to purchase it online".

Last album I brought out with a band, we ordered 200 CD's, we sold maybe 150 as actual copies (making a fairly decent profit). And then online we had sold maybe a total of 15 CD's.

If your guys ever want to record again, maybe they should make a holiday out of it, and come to the Netherlands. I have a friend (who I've been in bands with time and time again) who is an audio engineer and he would be happy to record anything you like, probably for less than what you paid this time.

(You only get a finished product though, he will burn a mastered/mixed CD for himself and one for you (or possibly more depending on how many band members you have) but after that if you want more CD's you'll have to send the songs from the mastered/mixed CD's to a company that does the CD burning/imaging.)

Spank86

There's only really one guy. John, and he won't play live. Steve and Marlene were both hired to do their parts and Tim Payne just turned up at the studio and offered to lend a hand.

That's more or less the way we did it this time, went to DiscFactory for the full CD run and only got a couple of masters from the studio (plus all the mix files).

Trouble is nobody's going to form a band with a guy who wont play live but He doesn't REALLY want to play at all. He'd rather write music for others if given a choice. This was a vanity project in the main to see if people would like hearing his stuff. So far comments have been mostly positive.

Thanks for the offer though.