New Xbox One?

DeletedUser

microsoft-xbox-one.jpg

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-22613948

Anyone going to buy it?

DeletedUser

Maybe, once the first and second batches of the new gen have found all the software/hardware issues and fix them

DeletedUser

Dunno bout price yet. Most likely expensive, seem's game prices well go up aswell, making games will become more effort to keep up with adapting their game to the technology available.

Activision also provided a first look at the next title in its Call of Duty series - Ghosts. It will use a new games engine to take advantage of the Xbox One's improved graphics capabilities, offering more detailed textures for human skin and other objects. The title will also be released on rival platforms.

Sound's good may get me playing it again on 3D t.v , not played it in a while since playing Battlefields

Spank86

Nobody else thinking that what games lack really ISN'T graphics related?

hanibalii

So, Xbox is bringing out a play station. It looks great for what it is, but I have a laptop and a tv for all the new features, so there's no need.

DeletedUser

I agree with Spank. If you go back to the roots of gaming, you'll find that you enjoy the olden Mario, Pokemon, and Donkey Kong on the consoles they were born with much more than the passive games of today. Look at DotA for example. Warcraft III was great, but a single map managed to create an entire following within the game and has generated endless online communities. What is lacking is more user based input and inspiration from games of the past and what kept us going with them. The amount and intensity of graphics should only be used in relation to the game itself, and not the console. Just my 2 cents.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Someone needs to look at the CoD 4 modding community and realise that those guys really knew their stuff.

Then they should release a competitive FPS that isn't counterstrike.

DeletedUser

If you ask me, a video game console is for playing video games, not for watching TV. I got TV for watching TV and a computer for all the other things. It sounds like xbox one forgot what xbox's main purpose is, a quick, good, reliable, easy and relatively cheap way of play games.

After hearing about next gen consoles I definately didn't regret the choice to buy a good computer and switching into computer gaming... plus writing this post is much easier with a keyboard than it would be with xbox one controller.

E: Also, why did they have to prevent borrowing games with registeration fee which is about as much as a new game. One of the great things about consoles during years was that you could borrow games with friends and play games with friends with one friend bringing over that game you all wanted to play. With xbox one if we want to play, let's say FIFA with my friends at my place and I don't happen to own FIFA, my friend who has it has to carry entire xbox here and we have to set it up and so or we have to move party to his/her place, which might be really inconvenient or might be impossible as friend might have a nagging wife who has a problem with guys having fun or friend might have kids... So thank you microsoft for being a real big [use your imagination]...

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Nobody else thinking that what games lack really ISN'T graphics related?

^this. Having good graphics doesn´t mean it´s a good game, but that´s really a bit off topic. But still you must admit your favorite games are not the latest generation, such as super mario, sonic, metroid series, zelda series, mega man´s, pokémon´s, final fantasy 1-9... I could go on forever. Not saying there´s no good games made these days,

No way I´m going to get the Xbox One , ever. I have zero interest in it. Can´t resell your old games, and if you buy an used game you have to pay to "activate" it.

Also the multimedia features it has are pointless and only add to the price of the console, apart from the blueray drive ofc, that´s always useful.

xinryr

E: Also, why did they have to prevent borrowing games with registeration fee which is about as much as a new game. One of the great things about consoles during years was that you could borrow games with friends and play games with friends with one friend bringing over that game you all wanted to play. With xbox one if we want to play, let's say FIFA with my friends at my place and I don't happen to own FIFA, my friend who has it has to carry entire xbox here and we have to set it up and so or we have to move party to his/her place, which might be really inconvenient or might be impossible as friend might have a nagging wife who has a problem with guys having fun or friend might have kids... So thank you microsoft for being a real big [use your imagination]...

Creating artificial scarcity is easier than actually thinking of a new business model though.

hanibalii

[SPOIL]
odd_xbox_one_meme_1.jpg
[/SPOIL]

I also saw a PS4 ad saying 'we'll use your TV too, for gaming'