Helloooooo OT

DeletedUser

Well there is still the question of who they are targeting it for. Obviously it's not made for hardcore gamers and that might actually good move from them to admit that they just can't really compete with PC. I would be guess that it's aimed for young teenagers and families and casual gamers. Kinect might sound like fun for someone who likes games such as twister or pictionary.

Spank86

Of course it's made for hardcore gamers but honestly what did you want them to say?

The specs are the specs, it's on a par with the PS4, no surprises there, the rest is all about games.

That'll hit at E3(or whatever it's called), they focused on the new stuff, the stuff there's actually things to talk about.

It'll still have the exact same gaming capabilities but really there's not much further to go with that, it's just refining.

DeletedUser93439

On par with PS4? Xbox One? as I seem to recall it, the PS4 is aiming for a more powerful system than what the Xbox One seems to do. DDR3 vs DDR5?

Spank86

In real terms I'd lay money on you not being able to tell the difference between games on either platform.

MasterFire

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
DDR5 does not exist yet Marcus.

Maybe you mean, GDDR5 which is graphical memory (you know, videocards). Not to mention, it's actually a derivative of DDR3...

DeletedUser59586

DDR5 does not exist yet Marcus.

Maybe you mean, GDDR5 which is graphical memory (you know, videocards). Not to mention, it's actually a derivative of DDR3...

Yeah but the Xbox was designed in mind of the PS4 having 2GBs of that, not 8GB.

Basically Xbox thought they were making a system that could match the PS4 then turned out nope.avi they just got their shit blown out from under them so all they do was make flashy powerpoint presentations on the transistor count.

In real terms I'd lay money on you not being able to tell the difference between games on either platform.

Yeah in a crossplatform sense I expect bugger all differences between the systems as developers will only really change the control sets and other peripheral extras rather than bother maxing performance on any one system.

Exclusives would be a better judge but that's more down to the skills of the developers than the abilities of the systems, and so you can't make as direct a comparison.

Last edited by a moderator:

MasterFire

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
Transistor count isn't even that great of a comparison, since pretty much everything it shows is the complexity of the CPU/GPU die.

Not to mention, they will be derived from the same AMD CPU/GPU die. If you're interested further in that here is a link.

Mind you, long story short on that, it'll be two quad cores CPU's on the same die (so technically an 8 core CPU), with a Cinebench score of 1.5. To compare a higher end Intel quad core will score close to 8 on the same bench. Now while I do understand that when you run CPU's in a proper PC they will have to have more grunt to do something than say a more custom OS like the consoles will probably have. But even then, simple grunt will probably still do the trick easily for PC's against consoles if they are going to bring those double AMD Jaguar derived dies.

DeletedUser

I thought nothing came if Bran's drive.
I maintain that, if it had been more official, and if I hadn't got banned like an hour after I'd finished, it would have been more successful. And, since activity breeds activity, retainment would have been up as well.
Ho-hum. Current reasons for OT snuffing it are, according to general consensus, lack of activity due to lack of people due to people not knowing about us; which is itself due to less new people playing TW, OT's less visible position in the forums than 2 years ago and the GD forums allowing off-topic discussion outside OT. Remedies would be reversing any and all of these, preferably simultaneously, and probably having let us know first, so that we can actually start looking busy.

Hello again, Senna, by the way.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

we gotta drum up some drama if we want more activity :icon_wink:

DeletedUser59586

Eh, I'm still getting a PS4, unless something horrendous pops up.

Yahtzee doesn't seem quite as wise or funny as he used to be to me, just went full blown cynic.

DeletedUser100651

We could just remind past OTers that we still exist and are still "cool"

DeletedUser

tumblr_lkjnj27mQx1qgr9lwo1_400.jpg