Efficent Farming Explored - Farming in a 24 hour period.

thanatos42

This is a more detailed guide to farming within a 24 hour period.

I wrote this originally for my tribe. This is more for rim players who still have barbs 20-150 available. That being said, Efficient farming practices are useful for most if not all of the game.

Things to keep in mind.

THERE ARE OTHER WAYS TO FARM. This is my method, I think it is effective for our current position. As the world changes elements of farming change with it.

I am no expert, but this method can and will drastically increase a new players hauls. Everything you do in life you are either a good example or a bad one.

---

MEET BOB. Bob is a 47 year old, dangerously disgruntled call center worker. It is unclear if his passion for tribal wars was responsible for the steady disintegration of his marriage, or perhaps lessened the sting of it. Regardless, he now chain smokes cigarettes in his batcher apartment and devotes himself to farming.

Let's follow BOB through 24 hours of farming.

------
FIRST PHASE -
-------

Bob wakes up hungry, and decides to eat some food. He sends [2 LC and 1 SCOUT] to every village within his 15X15.

In fact, Bob is so hungry he sends [2 LC and 1 SCOUT] to every village under 70 within 2 hours of him.

His screen looks like this.

[spoil]
bob.png
[/spoil]

------
SECOND PHASE 1-2 HOURS LATER
------

[spoil]Bob's [2 LC 1 SCOUT] Have hit and now he has reports on every tasty village within 2 hours of him. Let's look at his report page:
[spoil]
bob1.png
[/spoil]

The bottom report has a little symbol indicating there are resources still in the village. Bob tediously opens and looks at each report. He then prepares to send just enough LC (Remember 1 LC = 80 resources) to each tasty farm.

Bob sees a report with 250/250/250 resources. He sends [10 LC.]

Bob sees a report with 524/213/124 resourcse. He sends [12 LC.]

Bob does this until he feels vaguely irritated and all of his LC are out on their second run of the day.

A MAD THOUGHT
- If bob was feeling extra ambitious, he could send his axes to each village that had significant amounts of resources in the reports. Then he would just send out all of his [2 LC] attacks in a wider area around his village.

I.E - [AXES] to full farms. [2 LC] Everywhere else again
[/spoil]
------
THIRD PHASE 1-2 HOURS LATER
------

[spoil]Bob sends out [2 LC] to every possible village under 50.
Bob sends out [5 LC] to every possible village between 50-80
Bob sends out [10 LC] to safe inactive villages above 100

Bob is out of LC again.

*NOTE* Bob no longer needs scouts, as he has cleared any surplus resources in PHASE 2. Since [2 LC] only carry 160 resources, this is always available every two hours.
[/spoil]

------
FOURTH PHASE 1-2 HOURS LATER
------
[spoil]

Bob repeats PHASE 3 as many times as he can in the day.
[/spoil]

------
FINAL PHASE - END OF THE DAY
------

[spoil]Alas, Bob is mortal and must sleep. He figures he will sleep for 8 hours.

Bob sends out [2 LC] to villages to every possible village 4 hours away that are under 40 points.

Bob sends out small groups of axes 4 hours away to villages under 80 points.

A MAD THOUGHT
If Bob was really ambitious, he could send out [1 LC] to villa's under 36.

Bob now knows his troop are safe while he sleeps. He also knows he can expect 80-90% of the possible resources.

(I.E - BOB IF HAS 200 LC and 200 AXES, HE CAN EXPECT 14 400 RESOURCES WHILE HE SLEEPS.)

If Bob's warehouse is too small, he upgrades it.
[/spoil]

****Bob drifts off to sleep fretfully, dreaming of incoming attacks while a lit cigarette smolders on his bare mattress. A small smile spreads across ancient acne scars, while small body twitches shake his frame almost violently.****

DeletedUser

This literally sounds exactly like what I do except I don't do the math. I have a script for that :) I would just use FA but being on the rim, I still have mostly inactives to farm and they don't show up in FA sadly :/

Muldie325

You poor poor people. I would sooner die than put that much effort into tw these days.

DeletedUser

Well all my stuff is done through scripts. I wouldn't go around the map and send stuff that way either if you think that's what I do lol

DeletedUser

Is this based on the assumption that people around you aren't farming? if we send 10 LC to a village in our area it's a waste of farming troops because our farms are hit constantly

thanatos42

Is this based on the assumption that people around you aren't farming? If we send 10 LC to a village in our area it's a waste of farming troops because our farms are hit constantly

To an extent yeah, more for rim players. (Especially since if you're in the core you should know how to micro-farm anywho... Or you p2w.)

On another level, I'm probably just wrong on that. # of LC you send really depends on the activity of your area as well as village size so the numbers are more estimates to give you an idea than exact numbers. I'm actually going to check the hauls I'm getting on 10 LC now and see if I should tone it down, thanks for the tip.

thanatos42

You poor poor people. I would sooner die than put that much effort into tw these days.

9 years and 3500 posts later, maybe you just burned yourself out? :D I suggest quitting your job and severing any intimate emotional relationships in your life, rekindle that TW fire. :p Also - Only takes me about 20 Min to do this, an hour or two of farming a day isn't that excessive really.

DeletedUser

except for the fact that you can farm quite efficiently (if not better) while putting half the thought and time towards it just by using common sense and basic deductive reasoning

ALessonInPointWhoring

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
I'm lazy.

I half-assed lazy farm as such.

I can still manage to farm 300,000 res in a day on the rim with ~500 lc.

Like Muldie, I see no reason to put lots of time and effort into the game when that's the case.

Deleted User - 3135

Not a bad guide. I too am a bit lazy and instead send out 10 LC + 1 scout to all my villages, then have those reports saved for me to just use multi tab and click send again whenever I want to send out a big run, and follow up on the scout reports later. Also not being able to be on for 12-14 hours at work and then again for 6 hours when sleeping with no co or account sitter does mean having to send out bigger farming raids :p

thanatos42

except for the fact that you can farm quite efficiently (if not better) while putting half the thought and time towards it just by using common sense and basic deductive reasoning

As in, a script, or do you see math in intuitive pictographs? I can't see a more efficient way of farming beyond using scripts that do the math for you (Ironically, too lazy at this point to find one), or just spamming villas without checking reports. If I'm missing something obvious please let me know.

And a lesson in point whoring, how are you getting 300 000 res in 24 hours? That's 7.5 full runs at 500 LC I'm curious.

ALessonInPointWhoring

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
And a lesson in point whoring, how are you getting 300 000 res in 24 hours? That's 7.5 full runs at 500 LC I'm curious.

The biggest mistake most players make is farming too large of an area. It is better to keep a smaller area bone dry.

I don't typically need to go over 2 hours one way to keep all my troops busy.

Though, I am also farming with 1,000ish spears which you obviously weren't taking into account.

Last edited:

DeletedUser111340

Once upon time there was this guy that farmed every barb in the world.

thanatos42

The biggest mistake most players make is farming too large of an area. It is better to keep a smaller area bone dry.

I don't typically need to go over 2 hours one way to keep all my troops busy.

Though, I am also farming with 1,000ish spears which you obviously weren't taking into account.

Ok that's interesting, at this point I'm farming in a three hour radius around my village and am only getting 100 - 125 K in a 24 hour period. I thought that eventually farming could be expected out to 50 fields. Maybe that's with 2500-3200 LC. I'll try that out for a day and see what difference it makes to my hauls. Thanks for the idea

DeletedUser96026

Ok that's interesting, at this point I'm farming in a three hour radius around my village and am only getting 100 - 125 K in a 24 hour period. I thought that eventually farming could be expected out to 50 fields. Maybe that's with 2500-3200 LC. I'll try that out for a day and see what difference it makes to my hauls. Thanks for the idea
2 hours is law.

Muldie325

I really wouldn't be expecting most peoples ideal farming radii to exceed 30 fields at one village, unless the area was very very scarce.

DeletedUser114002

Bob tediously opens and looks at each report.

Opens and looks every report? Lets say you have 500 LC. If you sent 2 LCs in every near farm you must have 250 commands that means you receive 250 reports. Woah, 250 reports are a way to much to sit and read 2-3 times a day