Frenemies to the End

aquilon

Makobex im sure when we declared your troops weren't all on the other side of the world...unlike now. You are comparing apples to oranges. Some of the accounts on the growth front may have defence left, but the fact remains most troops are on the NME front.

Tuzain yeah I'm mad but not for the reasons you think. I'm not mad at the fact you backstabbed us, its part of the game after all.

I'm mad at your members trying to pass it off as something morally right, as well as boasting about capturing empty villages, villages you knew would be empty as we were preoccupied with NME.

OTDDeathAwaits

Makobex im sure when we declared your troops weren't all on the other side of the world...unlike now. You are comparing apples to oranges. Some of the accounts on the growth front may have defence left, but the fact remains most troops are on the NME front.

Tuzain yeah I'm mad but not for the reasons you think. I'm not mad at the fact you backstabbed us, its part of the game after all.

I'm mad at your members trying to pass it off as something morally right, as well as boasting about capturing empty villages, villages you knew would be empty as we were preoccupied with NME.

NME members have troops along the Growth border, nothing dense and I wouldnt call it stacked but we arent naive.

Maybe your tribemates wouldnt be getting steamrolled if after 10Nukes on 1 of your villages I still get red reports and no wall drop. Bet that makes people in the backline safe in the knowledge they should expect the same stacks :icon_wink:

aquilon

You are extremely unlucky lol if you happened to hit one of those vills is all I can say

Besides we went into the war with growth as an ally. Yeah we may have been stupid for putting most our def on the front but the fact remains we were still highly unprepared for this

DeletedUser115210

I am completely with lapakas here. I am not crying about the war atall. And myself and the rest of Loyal are ready to fight it like every other war we have been in.

The fact is, the caps are going to be seriously into your favour for the first two weeks and anyone boasting about this is obviously just here to wind people up. You cannot compare with war to when we hit NME atall. Loyal and NME were two tribes which had a lot of beef, we had no diplomatic relation and both tribes were not in any serious war at the time. This is completely different to the situation here. Its going to take a week + for the defence to get back and for us to readjust the situation and we will do it and we will hit back just as hard.

You can really get a feel from how the situation is from the fact that Growth has 4mill + ODD and loyal is currently on 3mill, even though there is a 150 cap difference.

So once again, best of luck to Growth.

OTDDeathAwaits

Loyal can afford to recall the stacks from the NME front?
Split attention on Growth/NME - divide and conquer or... just divide...

Still have to play this out but unless you have been hiding some tactician in Loyal all this time or will manage to wake the dead there is only time left really.

FamousInferno

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
Thank you for telling me I need to rethink my life. Means a lot coming from someone who knows nothing about me. ;)

We were methodical. We didn't pick a side. As far as I am concerned I am picking Growth's side in declaring war. If the whole world respects NME more than us, then so be it. I could honestly care less what the masses of people think about me. I promised my tribemates a win, and I am going to get them that win, come hell or high water.

In regards to rethinking your life, I put a disclaimer at the end "Don't take it personally. I'm sure your character in real life is far better than your one in game." In regards to not caring what people think of you and playing for the win, I can immediately see we come from different philosophies on how the game should be played, so I'm not going to try convince you otherwise. I will say however that in my personal opinion, playing purely "for the win" is one thing that ruins worlds, If you would like me to elaborate I can show you a post I did on the w80 forums about a tribe that legitimately merged countless times and forced the other tribes in the world to merge to keep up, what ended up ensuing is a pretty crappy, uninteresting world. (Although the people there make it very enjoyable) I understand that you promised your tribe a win, I think that's where the leadership of Growth and Loyal differs heavily, so it's hard for me to judge your actions. I don't think Sam, Dan or anyone that lead the tribe would have done the same if the tables were turned, I think we as a tribe care less about the win and more about playing the game. Our forums have never been more full of life, I feel oddly empowered reading what everyone has to say: " I would rather be rimmed with my friends then finish this world a rat." Our spirits as a tribe are honestly higher than ever, we know statistically we are going to lose this war, but damn. I'm going to feel great losing this war standing next to the people I have cared about for these long 2 years and knowing that I haven't backstabbed, lied or cheated in doing so. I think that's where our philosophies differ, I think I had enough mutual respect for your tribe to handle things far better than you did for us. I think we play the game is different, but I appreciate you for owning up to your main goal especially when it's so different to most people.s

Really? I urge you to find one winning tribe that didn't get bad mouthed after they won. DNY(messed that up on my first post) was the first tribe to win 100% dominance on the .net servers. They literally warred from day 1 and used smart diplomacy to help them on their way. They did nothing dishonorable whatsoever. They are renowned by many to be one of the better tribes to come through this game. However, if you go back and look at world 12 externals, you will still see people that bad mouthed them because they were butthurt.

There are plenty of tribes through out the years that are extremely well respected for how they played the game, it honestly doesn't take much looking to find them. The most recent example I can think of is if you look at Regime in w80, barely anyone has anything bad to say about them, they are extremely well respected and everyone respects the way they play the game. They haven't used dirty tactics at all and are commended for it. If you genuinely don't believe that public opinion can be positive for the tribe that wins, perhaps you are delusional, or you just have a bad experience of worlds?

Haha. You give people 24 hours, they want 7 days. You give them 7 days, they want a month, you give them a month, they want a year. There's just no pleasing people on the Internet.

I just want to state, I was originally meant to say 7 days not "7 weeks" that was a misstype on my behalf, I think their is a major difference in breaking an alliance that lasted 9 months, one of the longest standing ones on the world, and then launching attacks almost 24 hours later. I personally view that as scummy, and if the tables were turned I feel you would do the same. Additionally when the tribe is currently fighting in a war already with empty villages and what not, I don't find it humane at all. But once again I think it's just different philosophies, you are playing for the win. I am playing for fun and for the challenge.

When the alliance was first formed, Dan and I agreed on a 24 hour grace period if the alliance was dropped. Your leadership never arranged for another timeframe, so that's what I went on. If you look at the rest of the game, you will see that 24 hours is more than 90% of tribes are given.

This is one thing that I can at least see as a little justification on your behalf, the fact that 24 hours was the official time frame that is fair enough, in terms of comparing it to other tribes, this has probably been the biggest betrayal of the world thus far so it has to be seen as a totally different circumstance. If you compare a 7 day alliance getting broken to a 9 month alliance getting broken, that is pretty silly in my eyes..

I haven't once deflected my actions. I am fully in control of the actions that I have taken, and I stand by them as the right move to ensure that we win the world. I've owned every single decision I've ever made in this game because they are my decisions. If they are wrong, I've owned up to them. This was the right move tactically speaking. Morally? I did my moral duty by giving 24 hours. If you disagree, well that sucks for you I guess. No love lost between you and I apparently.

Now I appreciate this, I honestly do feel like you were sort of defending yourself in your earlier posts, making it look like you did nothing disloyal, but the tone of this message seems entirely different. I appreciate you at least admitting to your actions, and taking full ownership of them. I don't know if it was the best tactically move to be honest? Unless the NME Growth merge is already set in stone, in which case good game to you. I hope this award gets an award for the crappiest ending ever haha. Ye once again I think our morales are very different, and you seem to have a morale code that is different to the majority of players I associate with. But I will admit I like your boldness in owning up to it, and it is a war game after all. Once again different philosophies on how the game should be played.

We backstabbed you huh? What do you call recruiting the backlines of an entire tribe and then having them attack their previous tribemates? I wouldn't call that Loyal, yet it was condoned by your tribe. I'm speaking about Yay! in case you aren't sure. To have done that and now be mad at us for 'backstabbing' you is the pot calling the kettle black.

I don't know the full story of what happened, I was on holidays at the time, but I am fairly certain the truth is being somewhat twisted here. I speak to a lot of ex-Yay! players, and there seems to be no bad blood between us.

We weren't your lap dogs is why you say we aren't good allies. We simply were not ready to go to war with NME when you guys declared. I repeatedly told your dukes to wait on declaring on NME until we got our backlines taken care of. You guys went ahead and rushed it and chose to recruit your backlines. That's why you have people sitting around doing nothing in your tribe right now. Loyal is filled with impatient, self-proclaimed 'elite' players that might have good skills, but fail to see the long term side effects of their actions. You guys still don't have your backlines cleared out. Tell me, how is trying to get support from Steel, STEAM, Spirit, HONOUR, and SAGE going? Probably a bit better now that you recruited from HONOUR, but I can't imagine if these guys come under attack they'd leave that support in your villages, if you even got any.

If we would've declared on NME when you guys wanted us to, we would've gotten eaten up. There is a reason we had around 45 players at one point and now we are down to 32, almost 31. We would not have been able to help you against NME in the state we were in and with as small of a backline as we had. You guys should've never declared as early as you did, and that's when you started digging your own grave.

Wait what, in terms of alliances you guys were one of the most piss-weak alliances I have ever seen, I don't think you did anything to assist us at all? If you honestly wanted to sit around for 188 days before taking part in a war, I honestly think you are playing the wrong game my friend. That is 1/160th of your life that you spent just waiting around letting other tribes have experiences. I'm very glad we warred when we did, the amount of memories I have from experiences that came out of these wars is far more important to me than some "Backline" growth. While NME have surpassed all expectations I have had on them, I still feel like we had the far more superior line up at the time of war, I don't mean this to be super cocky, but I genuinely do believe we did. We had to deal with a large amount of players quitting because they felt the world wasn't worth their time as they didn't respect how some tribes played this game. I'm just glad they weren't hear to see you guys turn on us, I think they would have shown more disdain than I have.

As for diplomacy with NME, I can show you a screenshot if you'd like, we have 0 allies and 0 NAPs right now and that is how it is going to stay. The time for diplomacy in this game is done. There are three major players, allying one of the other two is just going to slow us down.

Hate on me all you want, the cold truth of the matter is you know I'm right. Loyal made their bed, and now you have to lay in it.

I am not a fool, there is no way someone who is as "tactical" as you would 2v1 the rank 2 tribe instead of the rank 1 tribe, unless there was a merge on the table later down the road. I see this as the reason you were culling your numbers, not anything else you claim. Because NME outclass you in skill, so their is no way you guys would fight them 1v1 once loyal is gone, as you said you are only interested in the "win" not how you get there.

EDIT: Sorry for the wall of text Tuzain, but I'd love to see some of your responses to this. I'm enjoying reading your responses as you seem to have such a different thought process, so I would love to see how your brain goes "Tick. Tock. Tick. Tock." so to speak.

Last edited:

DeletedUser62294

And to Angels Fury, mate warring both NME and Loyal isn't very diplomatic. Also it's rude :(

An old timer like me would have loved it deep in the trenches and all that fun stuff.

Famousinferno you are the new Tehno on the forums your post are full delusion and false statements it really does bring me happiness trying to figure out how you reached such conclusions. Blaming others for your own tribes shortcomings is again your own shortcomings. To think I actually argued against warring Loyal...well lets just say I'm glad Tuzain makes the final decision as you would have made me regret the decision not to war Loyal.

Last edited:

DeletedUser100696

I am not a fool, there is no way someone who is as "tactical" as you would 2v1 the rank 2 tribe instead of the rank 1 tribe, unless there was a merge on the table later down the road. I see this as the reason you were culling your numbers, not anything else you claim. Because NME outclass you in skill, so their is no way you guys would fight them 1v1 once loyal is gone, as you said you are only interested in the "win" not how you get there.

This is the only point I feel I need to respond to because I've addressed everything else in your response twice already.

You say Growth culled it's numbers in order to prepare for a merge. I say we just made ourselves battle ready. I will take this member list over this one or that one any day of the week. You guys have more inactive days between two of your top players, runningbullet and Supa Hot Fire, than all of Growth combined (not counting our merge).

Growth has 31 highly active individuals that work well together and trust each other fully.

Loyal has 49 individuals of which I can count 19 inactives which actually puts you down to 30. Then take into account that those 30 can't work together because they are too egotistical to take someone elses' advice, and that number drops further.

NME has 45 individuals of which I can count 16 inactives which actually puts them down to 29. I don't know how NME works together because I haven't heard anything about them, nor seen them in action. If we assume that all 29 work well together, just as Growth does, then that still puts Growth at the top of the food chain because we have more members that work well together.

You say Growth has culled their numbers, I say we got rid of dead weight and people that didn't have enough time to play the game properly. We merged accounts and got co-players put together so that every account was active. As a duke, I would take 31 highly active team players that watch each other's back over 49 players that you don't know if they are active or not and that don't act as a team.

You appear to like the Russian strategy of numbers over skill. I prefer the SEAL mentality of we don't need you if you can't do what we need you to do. Again, a difference in mentality, but one that I am very comfortable with having.

DeletedUser

Side 1:
Tribes: Growth
Side 2:
Tribes: Loyal

Timeframe: Last 48 hours

Total conquers against opposite side:

Side 1: 189
Side 2: 11
Difference: 178

chart

Points value of total conquers against opposite side:

Side 1: 1,751,727
Side 2: 90,320
Difference: 1,661,407

chart

makobex

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
This is the only point I feel I need to respond to because I've addressed everything else in your response twice already.

You say Growth culled it's numbers in order to prepare for a merge. I say we just made ourselves battle ready. I will take this member list over this one or that one any day of the week. You guys have more inactive days between two of your top players, runningbullet and Supa Hot Fire, than all of Growth combined (not counting our merge).

Growth has 31 highly active individuals that work well together and trust each other fully.

Loyal has 49 individuals of which I can count 19 inactives which actually puts you down to 30. Then take into account that those 30 can't work together because they are too egotistical to take someone elses' advice, and that number drops further.

NME has 45 individuals of which I can count 16 inactives which actually puts them down to 29. I don't know how NME works together because I haven't heard anything about them, nor seen them in action. If we assume that all 29 work well together, just as Growth does, then that still puts Growth at the top of the food chain because we have more members that work well together.

You say Growth has culled their numbers, I say we got rid of dead weight and people that didn't have enough time to play the game properly. We merged accounts and got co-players put together so that every account was active. As a duke, I would take 31 highly active team players that watch each other's back over 49 players that you don't know if they are active or not and that don't act as a team.

You appear to like the Russian strategy of numbers over skill. I prefer the SEAL mentality of we don't need you if you can't do what we need you to do. Again, a difference in mentality, but one that I am very comfortable with having.

But NME has makobex and you dont :p

Jokes aside it's always preferable to have a smaller group with active members than a full tribe with lots of dead weight. During war, this becomes very difficult to deal with. You guys had many months of peace to clear your backlines and get rid of the inactives (eat them or find new owners/co's). It'd actually be a job poorly done if you at least hadn't achieve the latter (because backlines will always have some rim noobs here and there occupying some of your space)

As for what lapakas said to me directly. Mate your trashtalking and boasting made me leave couple posts and not visit that thread for weeks. Waited for your enthusiasm to fade away and our plan to have some progress to visit it again. Our plan went kinda smoothly in the end and we got to turn our focus more and more on you to the point we started exposing the lack or teamwork and solid communication amongst your ranks... Anyway, that's in the past now.

Back to Growth. Reading a map everyone can see how clean their rim is. Supposedly, if Loyal deleted right now and it was NME vs Growth we'd still have some work to do in our north rim before being able to focus Growth 100%. There are tribes like HONOUR, Total and SA4 who still have a part to play in this world. They will not decide any victor, but they'll have to be taken out by the winning tribe somehow. This world isn't over for sure...

DeletedUser

Side 1:
Tribes: Growth
Side 2:
Tribes: Loyal

Timeframe: Last 48 hours

Total conquers against opposite side:

Side 1: 215
Side 2: 13
Difference: 202

chart

Points value of total conquers against opposite side:

Side 1: 1,995,416
Side 2: 107,120
Difference: 1,888,296

chart

Less than 48 hours into the war.
Talk about getting steamrolled.

DeletedUser47445

Okay bro. 48 hours and most of those caps are from villages that had support in the NME front. Sure 215 is impressive, but this war was unexpected at best (I'm not accusing Growth of backstabbing or all that crap from the last page, but to be frank, it was unexpected).

Give the stats a week or so for the new frontline players to get themselves situated and reorganized and then come back with your showboating and "steamrolling"

OTDDeathAwaits

Okay bro. 48 hours and most of those caps are from villages that had support in the NME front. Sure 215 is impressive, but this war was unexpected at best (I'm not accusing Growth of backstabbing or all that crap from the last page, but to be frank, it was unexpected).

Give the stats a week or so for the new frontline players to get themselves situated and reorganized and then come back with your showboating and "steamrolling"

Knowing or not knowing. Expected or unexpected. Empty Villages or Stacked. Active or Inactive.

It doesnt change the statement that Growth are Steamrolling Loyal. In a weeks time will Growth have the same horde of nobles, no. So yes it will slow down but they are still Steamrolling Loyal. Irregardless of the reasons. get it? :scout::scout:

OTDDeathAwaits

The following is a statement, not looking to get into a briefing...

Loyal's only Defence right now to this Growth situation is and I paraphrase here; 'aaarrgghhhh! You backstabbed us'
Seriously? I mean SERIOUSLY!!!?1? That is not a defence, thats a complaint. Growth are well within their right to turn around and say that Loyal didnt keep to their agreements, that loyal wronged them here and there and Loyal thought they could tell Growth when and where to attack NME. So yes SERIOUSLY!!!?1? they can turn around and do the complete opposite.

Saying that NME and Growth will end the world dully by killing off Loyal and merging. That is effectively but not exclusively up to myself and Tuzain. Firstly we would have to agree on it, then get councils on board to influence tribal members and only then is it a possibility ...can it be possible. Sorry shouldnt toy with Loyal heads like that :icon_twisted:
We have both had a border agreement(loose at the start and then became rather rigid) and kept to it. In areas it got minorly violated by both sides(maybe more-so by NME) but it was talked out, something may or may not have been done to resolve it but regardless it was spoken about as equals. Something evidently Loyal has been incapable of for some time, even internally when dealing with its members.

I will kind of be tracking back to my initial point here but I had to save this for the end of my post...
People saying 1st and 3rd vs 2nd is not logical, statistically stupid...blabla...Let me put a rhetorical questions to you; 'what would drive you to do that as 3rd in the world...' 'why take such a chance...arrogance? an NME/Growth Deal? or Loyal truly pushed them away...'
Regardless of that answer, only Growth can know the truth so all we can do is speculate...

Just to finish up this extra serious post from me, a little joke :lol:
Once again I paraphrase from a few Loyal members; 'Growth what you do?? NME has them superior skillz!'
Wasnt the reason why Loyal declared because they could show us. Loyal havent had a successful op. in how long? Flops, all of them. Growth have always been a top tribe and really were put on peoples radar during the soon! war so honestly dont underestimate them like you underestimated NME so wildly before you declared on us and before the Growth/soon! war so to speak. History is repeating itself all over again. Loyal will never learn.

Go Growth!

DeletedUser117267

Knowing or not knowing. Expected or unexpected. Empty Villages or Stacked. Active or Inactive.

It doesnt change the statement that Growth are Steamrolling Loyal. In a weeks time will Growth have the same horde of nobles, no. So yes it will slow down but they are still Steamrolling Loyal. Irregardless of the reasons. get it? :scout::scout:

I will still have my horde of nobles :D

All i can say having read everything is sorry for those that boasted about or posted stats, really no need for any bragging but i will say that leadership within your tribe has let you down and is the reason for this war.

As for taking from backline villages, yes some have been taken from targeted backliners but then at the same time a number have been taken from the front from players that have clearly given up or just cant be bothered with this world anymore.

Anyway, good luck to loyal, look forward to exchanging nukes and feel free to message me and annoy me anytime :)

Phippsy

Last edited by a moderator:

Hyperion.

The face of a losing tribe?

Inactive, Defenseless, Bad Leadership, No Teamwork? Or will they blame 'betrayal'? What will their explanation be when they fall?

Screen_Shot_2015_08_18_at_00_11_57.png