A fresh approach

DeletedUser

only way to save this world is if all the world leaders sit and listen to each other
they should come to a agreement to
- drop their empires and start some independant tribes
- stop perma sitting
- no more family tribes

if they manage this the funn will come back for sure !!

- evrywhere in the world there will be action again it would feel like a restart of the world but evryone has a descant account to play with and they build them selfs
- evyone can make new friends
- you can challenge old friends or players you could never come allong with in the current tribe

DeletedUser

See, the problem with saying people have to listen to one another, is if you fail to do so yourself, I can't honestly see anyone ever bothering to take notice of you. I mean, the perma sat thing, sure, though frankly I thought that issue had been laid to rest months ago. With the newer sitting rules perma sitting simply isn't possible, well, not to the extent that is a world changing issue at the moment. As for a couple of the other points made, I'll simply quote others.

only way to save this world is if all the world leaders sit and listen to each other
they should come to a agreement to
- drop their empires and start some independant tribes

We only have 25 odd members in a compact space so we probably wouldn't split. Even if OTB split into it's component tribes there would still only be 4 of us, and three of those tribes have close ties. Very little up here would change. I can't say I know enough to comment on potential local politics elsewhere.

- no more family tribes

In W8, there aren't exactly families like we have here, but they have a north/south war just like we do. Allies have shared external claim forums and shared internal forums as well. The only major difference is that we have Archdukes, who provide direction and a tie breaker vote when leadership disagree on policies. Without formally organized families, allies/MDPs in close proximity tend to band together and war with those outside their bounds. So really how is what they're doing all that different from the way we're playing it? It seems to be a common pattern of how diplomacy and war play out in the game.

I like the high level of family organization here, it's made the politics a lot more fun even if the wars are drawn out. You can go to many worlds where single tribes dominate. W3 offers something special.

if they manage this the funn will come back for sure !!

- evrywhere in the world there will be action again it would feel like a restart of the world but evryone has a descant account to play with and they build them selfs
- evyone can make new friends
- you can challenge old friends or players you could never come allong with in the current tribe

So yeah, there won't be worldwide action again, as for the mostpart things will remain as they do currently.

I can make new friends now, if you know everyone that is in your tribe well, lucky you. There are people I don't manage to speak to due to there being a lot of players in families, and whilst yes, this can be seen as a weakness of sorts, it's not one that would be fixed by segregating tribes further, that would only restrict the possibilities for friendly contact with other players. I've just started talking to someone I'd previously had little contact with, wasn't an effect of any world shake up. It can of course be argued, that you can be just as friendly to an enemy as you can an ally (something I would personally refute, I prefer to not communicate with my enemies, MrsC taught me that lesson, she just seems too nice to attack... evil woman. lol), but in that case, why would any change be needed in order to reach this end? It is no different to what you can do now.

Challenging old friends, I'll give you that one, it is a very fair point, certainly something that a world shake up would allow (Given that you didn't end up with your friends in your new tribe which seems highly probable to me). However. My friends do not wish to attack me, they are friends. I mean, if you become friends while warring, there is a friendly rivalry that was always an underlying base to your friendship. But someone who you have fought with, defended with and called a friend... the notion of me attacking any of my friends is just one I cannot grasp. Even if a friend of mine went to the enemy side, I wouldn't attack them, see that Nic27 village on K15? Not getting attacked, not by me. I shant go on as I'm just babbling, can't make sense of it.

Don't get me wrong, if you are looking for change and it seems like the preferable option, that is your choice, but the fixes suggested here are nothing but painting over a crack in the wall. You may not be able to see it for a while, but the problem you had is still there. This misguided notion that getting rid of families will make a radical change to the worlds politics seems unrealistic.

I look at it this way. If everything that wasn't working quite as people liked was scrapped completely, rather than improved upon (taking the elements you like and disposing of those you do not) just think how technologically/socially/politically/scientifically retarded the world would be. Change may be needed, but starting afresh is never as simple an option as people would like to believe.

DeletedUser

You can run off and forget to say goodbye to your friends.

i explained why i left D*D its something that has been building for weeks and i have said to the mayority of D*D if things keep on going like this ill step out of the tribe and it kept on going so i decided to leave and see what else the world can give me

DeletedUser

i explained why i left D*D its something that has been building for weeks and i have said to the mayority of D*D if things keep on going like this ill step out of the tribe and it kept on going so i decided to leave and see what else the world can give me

Trust me: Jumping tribes or go independ just won't help you. CH was boring and i find D*D boring. You can keep it interesting by doing stuff yourself. If you're no participating (stating this to everyone and not to you) then it's over. I've been hibernating for 6 months now and it's damn hard to kick myself against the butt and try to care about this world again. I wish you and everyone good luck in whatever you find here in this world, but if you havn't found fun in the past few months i'm pretty sure you won't find it soon.

DeletedUser

Saying why you left and saying goodbye are two different things. You're not the only one guilty of it though.

I guess I'm just taking it hard seeing those I thought were friends leave without a word to me.

DeletedUser

Saying why you left and saying goodbye are two different things. You're not the only one guilty of it though.

I guess I'm just taking it hard seeing those I thought were friends leave without a word to me.

..its damn sight harder when they go over to the enemy .. :icon_sad: at least this is an independant tribe.

-and anyway, my mum always said "they'll want you before you want them"

Head up huney, all the more canon fodder for you hahaha

DeletedUser

ok so you guys all think ditching the family tribe is a bad idea. So what if we started a challenge system one player challenges another of about the same size - or same size in each continent and we work on the winner being the one who takes 10 villages more than the other in a given time say 2 months....

Whether the cult D*D war continues or not it could at least open up the opportunity for more players to get more involved.

How about I challenge Dreisder on K50/K60 he has way more villages than I do on K60 but I have way more on K50. deal would be we only use our own trooops no support from outside the K's being used and no sitting other than someone neutral to make sure we are keeping within the rules

WE dont use troops from other players so its definately a one on one situation

DeletedUser

It sounds a lot like the concept of CH just without leaving tribes. But if you are going to maintain the wars, won't that force support to be withdrawn to defend your own accounts or have the issue that if the enemy chooses to attack one of the participants, it would become a part of a different war, meaning they should be able to call on support if needed... I can see it getting messy and falling apart.

I do like the idea, but unless the big conflict is ended, I can't see it working out to be honest.

DeletedUser

I Challenge myself!!!
kreger1 to kreger2: Bah, you could not win if you tried!!!
kreger2 to kreger1: hmmmph, you could not kill me...I am everywhere!!!
Kreger1 to kreger2: That is only cause you suck balls, and could not keep your attention if you tried in any one area
kreger2 to kreger1: but my people need me to be where they are...and that is pretty much everywhere
kreger1 to kreger2: what are you talking about?? they need you like a mouse needs a cat!
kreger2 to kreger1: Why are you so mean to me?
Kreger1 to kreger2: cause I am your dark side, I am supposed to be mean
kreger2 to kreger1: I am going to tell mom...
kreger1 to kreger2: you do and I will give you a wedgie
Kreger2 to kreger1: ok..ok... what do you want?
kreger1 to kreger2: I want all your villages!!!! bwhahahhahahaaha
kreger2 to kreger1: All of them?
Kreger1 to kreger2: What did I tell you just a few moments ago? I AM YOUR DARK SIDE. Of course I want them all you nim wit!!
kreger2 to kreger1: can we negotiate?
kreger1 to kreger2: you can negotiate this!!
*kreger1 insues with punches to the head and a sweep of the leg and blows to the stomach*
*kreger2 sniffs and yells for Dad*
***Enters Dad, who promptly picks up kreger1 and sticks him in a corner and punishes him with 1600 villages***
kreger2 to kreger1: see told you you could not beat me!!!

DeletedUser

Hahahaha ...thats damn funny.

I challenge myself.

angel 1: give me your villages
angel2: on yer bike!
angel1 : I'll pull the head off your doll!
angel 2: ok ..take em then.

DeletedUser

Bye Pogues!

DeletedUser

It can of course be argued, that you can be just as friendly to an enemy as you can an ally (something I would personally refute, I prefer to not communicate with my enemies, MrsC taught me that lesson, she just seems too nice to attack... evil woman. lol), but in that case, why would any change be needed in order to reach this end? It is no different to what you can do now.
I offered to be mean to you to make it easier on you! :icon_wink:

But.. I love you too!