A potted history of Domino Part 1

DeletedUser

A very long time ago, on a world far, far away (World 17 to be precise), a tribe called STORM was kicking up…. well, a STORM.

However, whilst they were indeed a merry band of heroes, they encountered some nasty and cruel behaviour from some VERY NAUGHTY people. And so, in a fit of pique and throwing their toys fully out of the pram, they all deleted their accounts on the same day and turned around three full continents totally grey.

And everyone in W17 said “… wtf?”

And then lots of them said “Good!”

And some of them said “Those STORM dudes were pretty cool, we’ll miss them. Wonder why they did that?”

Of course that skirts over about a million pages of history, but then that was another world entirely.

So we all decided to move over to the new exciting World 38. But seeing as we had a lot of baggage we kept it very, very quiet, and decided that we would stealthily build ourselves up before everyone knew we were an uber-skilled razor-sharp pre-made. Rly.

Those that moved over were as follows:
Schoolyd, Jarkku (ISE), Kenny09, Togepi, Azazel Aziz, Vytas3, Mnov, Rhovani0n, Catninja, Chaz345, McGood, Blazier, Fo0sies, Sir Flash, Fishcakes, Romany Blood, Queen Aphrodite, MMx2, Tom-14, Vladir and The Puppy Stomper.

I may have missed one or two off, and one or two of the above may not have been STORM, but it’s a very long time ago and my memory is bad enough to start with. But as you can see a number of us are still here, and have been here all the way through.

Our original plan was simple enough, World Domination. Our Duke was Jarkku – or ‘Internal Server Error’ as you would know him on the forums. Abrasive, intelligent, a seriously fine player, and great PnP-er – although he always had the knack to REALLY wind people up through meticulous use of Stats. Tracey (Queen Aphrodite) was the Co-Duke. She was the nice one!

Togepi (the lunatic pokemon) was our voice on the Externals. Utterly mad, crazier than bag of spaniels; but everyone seemed to like him. He spilled the beans fairly early on about who we were and where we came from - but no-one really noticed. Or cared, more probably.

We started up a week or so after the world opened, and were spread throughout K66 and K75 mainly. Jarkku chose the name and founded the tribe – Domino being a similar enough word to ‘Dominate’, but also not a tribe-name that had any history on previous worlds. Of course that led to multiple puns about Domino’s toppling etc, but you can’t have everything.

As always, we lost a few people along the way, but gained some good folks too. In the early days we had Asylum off to the East of us, and the fantastically named tribe “Hands of God” just to our North, led by a player called…. Hands of God.

We found it funny too. And we were a little disappointed that he didn't set up any Family tribes as we were looking forward to fighting 'Knees of God', or if we were lucky - 'Boobs of God'.

However, as start-up progressed, Hands of God didn’t. We took care of them with relative ease, and we were fairly well set across our two K’s. Players like Chrsswmr, Legion748, Mc2Wire, ERZ-XIII and Lord Tay all joined and we were ready to expand.

And far to our north was another early start-up tribe called NATO - more on them later.

(If people think this a self-indulgent load of old rubbish let me know; otherwise I plan to post a bit more in coming weeks. If anyone else wants to join in with their views of the early days please feel free.)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Had some of my best days playing Tw alongside my fellow domino players. It was a pleasure to play with such a fantastic group of people all those years ago.