Advice For Recruitment

DeletedUser

Now we all know recruitment is rife on this world due to the member limit and, as such, has triggered more mass recruitment than usual. What I would like to say is please try to write a well thought out recruitment mail to go along with your invite. Up to date, out of the many invititations I have personally received, only two have had accompanying mails. One of these was well written, the other consisted of "wanna join my tribe?"
Try to include what you expect out of a prospective member and also what you have to offer as a tribe, this is a two way thing remember. I can't vouch for anyone else but personally, if the person inviting can't even be bothered to write a mail, I can't be bothered to accept.

deaquire

damn straight, i have not had one piece of recriutment mail to accompany 7 tribe invites. If tribal leaders want us, they should be selling it to us, telling us what they can offer and what they expect of us. As a result, i am still tribeless :(

DeletedUser

Were they even in your K? It would be nice if they actually checked your location too.

deaquire

Apparently. Ive started mailing them back now, its lonely not having a tribe. My mail to the guy who tried recruiting me was short and sweet and is as follows:
Please explain why i should join you.

His reply was:

So that the tribe could grow.

Nice.

DeletedUser

So that the tribe could grow.

Ha thats brilliant
Well you should do whats best for the tribe....one for all.
Even if it might not be your tribe

DeletedUser

I only pick good recruitments not any i see, i have about 30 evo people right near me

deaquire

this is a good one, reads from bottom to top:

Anky today at 14:38
not particularly its a down to earth set up..

DEaquire today at 14:13
Is it fun?

Anky today at 14:12
and my tribe has the excellent leadership you are looking for..

Anky today at 13:36
because i think you would be a good asset to our tribe, anc we are growing strong in your continent.

DEaquire today at 12:59
Are you inviting me to your tribe?

haha SOLD! ...

DeletedUser

Maybe I ought to provide a template with which prospective recruiters can copy and adjust to their own needs?

Greetings [insert name].
I couldn't help but notice you are currently tribeless. If you have some time I would like you to consider [insert tribe]. We are a friendly tribe looking to hug recruit some active members and although taking over the world is top priority we also have an amazing FUN section in our forum where you can while away the hours. If you have any questions please don't hesitate to ask (I am usually online between 21.00 and 21.30 server time) and I look forward to hearing from you soon.
Many thanks,
Triple Loser [insert name]

rossihunter2

lolz
i got a few - i rejected half of them - then when i had one left i replied back to the guy:

Rossihunter2 on 14.04. at 14:43
ahah,
i see that you have given me an invite - why? - is it coz im amazing? - is it coz im the best?
why do you want me in your tribe?
and if you do im afraid i will have to give you a little few tests to see if you are the tribe for me
eimas1234 on 14.04. at 14:54
I invent all who I see.
Rossihunter2 on 14.04. at 14:54
well do you want me?
eimas1234 on 14.04. at 14:57
I want to you - join in my trible
Rossihunter2 on 14.04. at 14:58
ok then - this is what you have to do
1.) What is your troop count
2.) what levels are your farm
3.) are you really 15
4.) what do you eat for breakfast
answer these questions
eimas1234 on 14.04. at 15:06
1 I dont heve trops
2 4 leve
3 yes I'm 15. 1993-05-24 full date
4 I eate at brakfest potatoes
Rossihunter2 on 14.04. at 15:14
1 = favourable from my perspective
2 = satisfactory
3 = good date of birth
4 = that is bad - not even a breakfast cereal or toast - that cant set yourself up for a day
im going to have to ask some other questions - to see how willing you are to play this game well:
1.) Do you have a girl / boy friend
2.) what is your gender
3.) what is your experience like on former worlds (i want to know the details of your first world, your best world, and your most recent world - if any coincide just give me that one not the next)
4.) how many members :) have you got
5.) how many fingers am i holding up ;)
Rossihunter2 on 14.04. at 15:20
please answer
eimas1234 on 14.04. at 15:27
1 no
2 boy (male)
3 I play at 25w,first world 6,best 25w you can lock at stats
4 50 members
5 2
Rossihunter2 on 14.04. at 20:12
to show me how much you want me in your tribe can you get another player in your tribe to send me the first 3 words of the song 'Sunburn' by Muse in italic form
if you do that i will possibly join your tribe
Rossihunter2 today at 09:10
are you doing it?
eimas1234 today at 14:10
no
Rossihunter2 today at 14:32
why not?
eimas1234 today at 14:42
why yes?
Rossihunter2 today at 15:00
because it will show that you love me and want me in your tribe
could you at least post the first 4 words of "Nobody does it Better'
please
eimas1234 today at 17:18
I don't now this song
Rossihunter2 today at 17:19
Have a guess
eimas1234 today at 17:25
Nobody does it Better?
Rossihunter2 today at 17:26
lolz good one
ok ill think about coming to your tribe kkk?
thanks

Mistress LIghtstar

Thanks for the template letter White Penguin, I customized it a bit. Hoping it does help. DLS needs tribe members

DeletedUser

Thanks for the template letter White Penguin, I customized it a bit. Hoping it does help. DLS needs tribe members

No problem, always like doing my bit. I can also provide templates for dismissals, pre-noble mails, post-noble mails and rimmed mails. If you follow the extremely loose guidelines we've outlined you're already a step ahead of the majority of mass recruiters. I've glanced at your tribal profile and I admire your honesty and sincerely wish you the best of luck.

Back on topic, I received a mail to join a tribe today and then, before I could reply to their polite, well written mail, one of their members attacked.......with spears?????? What's that all about?

deaquire

hahahhahaha penguin i thought you were only jokin :p :p i cant believe someone used that ;)

DeletedUser

I made a template and posted it in my tribal forums so that any recruitment that goes on has a message sent then if responded to in agreement the invite ensues. This is it

Dear whoever,
My name is [player]Demonicles[/player], representative of [ally]Strafe[/ally].
Strafe is currently in the process of growing towards local prominece and a player of your status would be highly valuable to that growth.
Joining a tribe is not just a simple choice anymore... it is a life decision. It causes you to ask yourself, "Which tribe best suits me?". As you probably know, in this game of war, without a tribe you are an easy target for any farmers or noblers sitting around looking for new and exciting places to attack. What we have at Strafe that separates us apart from the rest of the tribes in the area that you could join is that we have unity. We are one. Although we may be small now, we are growing. We only need willing members to join to help towards our ultimate goal of control.
So now I only have one more question to ask you...
What say you? Are you capable of being a Knight of Oblivion?
For more information on the our tribe do not hesitate to ask me.
Think about it and get back to me with your response.
I sincerely hope to hear back from you soon.
Thank you,
[player]Demonicles[/player]

deaquire

I made a template and posted it in my tribal forums so that any recruitment that goes on has a message sent then if responded to in agreement the invite ensues. This is it

Dear whoever,
My name is [player]Demonicles[/player], representative of [ally]Strafe[/ally].
Strafe is currently in the process of growing towards local prominece and a player of your status would be highly valuable to that growth.
Joining a tribe is not just a simple choice anymore... it is a life decision. It causes you to ask yourself, "Which tribe best suits me?". As you probably know, in this game of war, without a tribe you are an easy target for any farmers or noblers sitting around looking for new and exciting places to attack. What we have at Strafe that separates us apart from the rest of the tribes in the area that you could join is that we have unity. We are one. Although we may be small now, we are growing. We only need willing members to join to help towards our ultimate goal of control.
So now I only have one more question to ask you...
What say you? Are you capable of being a Knight of Oblivion?
For more information on the our tribe do not hesitate to ask me.
Think about it and get back to me with your response.
I sincerely hope to hear back from you soon.
Thank you,
[player]Demonicles[/player]
/fail
Giving your members acces to this means they will invite anyone and everyone, firstly making the mail impersonal, and secondly, you have no screening process. Id bet the majority of your tribe is noobs.

DeletedUser

/fail
Giving your members acces to this means they will invite anyone and everyone, firstly making the mail impersonal, and secondly, you have no screening process. Id bet the majority of your tribe is noobs.

Only 5 members can invite and that is including myself. We do not mass recruit obviously seeing as how we have only 13 members. I bet your opinion really doesn't matter. Why flame a post when your thoughts are irrelevent. if you feel that way then ignore the post it isn't hard.

deaquire

Only 5 members can invite and that is including myself. We do not mass recruit obviously seeing as how we have only 13 members. I bet your opinion really doesn't matter. Why flame a post when your thoughts are irrelevent. if you feel that way then ignore the post it isn't hard.

i would but i dont want to, seeing how it is advice for recruitment. my advice would not spend ages thinking of a good recruitment letter, which quite frankly, for a game, yours is pretty corny, thats just my opinion...but rather, find out language what they speak...and then simply ask them if they are interested. If they are they will THEN ask you what you can offer them, and you can ask them, as oppose to wasting time on both sides readin' an essay of irrelevant drivvle about.. well god knows what, i got bored half way through reading.