Battle Formula

Tribal War Lord

i have a question...it has probably been asked before but i cant do a direct search and i am not looking through 800+ pages of questions to find out if it has ;)

im trying to work out my own offensive/defensive strategy to make the most effective one possible. but for this i need to understand how the TW fighting system works. when you sim battles the answer comes back the same each time if the same figures are put in and so there must be some sort of formula that the game uses.

What is this formula?? can anyone tell me...

Penguin11

I don't think the forumula has ever been publicised but people have made simulators in excel therefore must know it to some degree.

Upvote 0

2004 Artemis

What was the point of posting the same thing twice? Here's my response, in case you check here anyway.

Well, its not a single formula, but several formulas combined together. It's also different depending on if its an archer world or not.

Cheesasaurus makes a good post about it here. However he doesn't includes wall/ram/cats there, which he has published in another guide. Then, you also have to factor in luck and morale.

Upvote 0

Tribal War Lord

i posted twice because its more likely that people would see it that way...

Upvote 0

MasterSplinter

Hi there!

If you want any information about any of the formulas used in tribalwars, send a message to MasterSplinter on the norwegian tribalwars forum. I have most of them :)

Best regards
Henrik

Upvote 0

DeletedUser

'Standard' formula is just %calcs

Without rams let say a nuke has '7000axe 2000lc 1000ma' just to make calcing easier.
Defender has 6000sp 6000sw 6000ar but he has a level 20 wall (107% bonus)
Luck: 0%

axes have a power of 40: 7000x40=280.000
lc has a power of 130: 2000x130=260.000
ma has a power of 120: 1000x120=120.000

total force: 660.000
axes take 42% of total, lc 39%, ma 19%

Defender uses these % to calculate 'matchups'
42% of his troops (both spear, sword, arch) defend against the axes
39% defend against the lc
19% defend against the MA

that makes;
7k axes vs 2520 spear/sword/archers
2k lc vs 2340 spear/sword/archers
1000ma vs 1140 spear/sword/archers

+ 107% bonus (wall)

With rams, formulas are a bit more in depth..

# of rams needed to treat the wall as if it were a lower level:
Rams needed to lower the level for calculating defense = (2*1.09^(wall lvl) + 4*1.09^(wall lvl)*((levels lowered) - 1) + 0.5) * ((strength of level 1 ram)/(strength of a ram, at the level of the sending village))

# of levels lowered
Levels lowered = (((number of rams)*((strength of a ram, at the level of the sending village)/(strength of level 1 ram))( –0.5 - 2*1.09^(wall lvl))/(4*1.09^(wall lvl)) + 1

Wall bonus
Total defense = (defending troops’ general defense + defending troops’ cavalry defense + defending troops’ defense archer + (20+50*(wall level))*((attacker’s general strength)/(total offensive strength)*[general defense] +(attacker’s cavalry strength)/(total offensive strength)*[cavalry defense] + (attacker’s archer strength)/(total offensive strength)*[archer defense])) * (1.037^(wall level))

The level of the wall after the battle is calculated like this;

If you win the battle:
Levels downgraded = (((rams remaining after losses)+ 1 - (rams lost/ 2)) * ((strength of a ram, at the level of the sending village)/(strength of level 1 ram)) - 1*1.09^(wall lvl))/(2*1.09^(wall lvl)) + 1

If you lose the battle, the number of rams used = the amount of rams you started with * (defender’s defense lost)/(defender’s original defense)
number of rams = (2*(1.09)^(wall lvl) + 4*1.09^(wall lvl)*(levels downgraded – 1)) * ((strength of level 1 ram)/(strength of a ram, at the level of the sending village))

Upvote 0