Being a tribe leader?

DeletedUser

Just a word to find out what all the tribe leaders feel about leading tirbes?

After Four years of playing, leading 10 tribes and at my height gaining over 8million points I have realised it is not the way to go.

Im not stuck with 13k in points on this world after being picked apart when my tribe collapsed to bigger tribe.

The decisions you make stick with you throught the whole time in the world, my tribemates have now moved on to bigger tribes and have far outgrown me in points..because they take very little risks just being members of a tribe as they can simply hop to another tribe for protection when or if a tribe fails or is under heavy attack from different directions. Even the barons and diplomats have problems and as history shows the normaly dont survive.

When your a leader you get many members asking for more powers..they dont know how to use them and simply want to be in a place of power.

This power brings huge risks if you want to reamain in the game as it develops.

There is two sides to it, If you have the time to put in you can perfect your tribe and make it huge and a huge success but with the pressure and scrutiny of your members and other tribe it can become such a hugh task running a tribe that it feels like you have 2 jobs. One way to combat this is to recuit barons, it is very hard to find a good baron as i pointed out most just want the name but dont take any of the pressure or share of the tasks.

It is enjoyable running a tribe in the early stages and it is not hard to grow a tribe if you know waht your doing and how to talk to players to get them in your tribe, the games runs on domination..when people start in a world there main target will be to grow in point to enable them to join the biggest tribe in there continent..if you can get your tribe to this stage your doing well, but them comes the wars which is where you can judge a leaders on how they react and seeing where a tribe ends up is a good way to see how good a leader really is.

Soz for bad spelling

Any thought from tribe leaders ?

hineda

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Ive lead tribes in the past. I was a Duke of a tribe in w35, but i left. luckily for me, my tribe was on good terms with the tribe i then joined, so i didnt have any problems. I lead a tribe here that ended up turning into ~PHX~, at the time we were second or third rank in k67 to ~GW~. ~GW~ is who i left for, and who i am still with now. We later on rimmed my old tribe, though their best members came with me to ~GW~ and i think they are all inactive now.lol

I do admitt though, that if you do make decisions that make you enemies, then your likely to be considered an enemy of that tribe for a while, so you could find it hard to find another tribe.

Dukes have it hard, especially on the externals, as all war declarations are eventually flamed etc, and a lot of people judge the Dukes on their decision making without always knowing the full stories.

I think aetoast has it hard. Nobody ever says anything positive about him, but hes gotta be a good Duke, otherwise he wouldnt be where he is, and run the tribe that he does! He's definitely no noob!

DeletedUser

iv had some experiance with leading a tribe in another world becuase it was dumped onto me being the only active member in the forums at that time :S. :p

its not for me. Prefer being the guy who takes pressure off a bit than the duke :)

DeletedUser

I've been the leader of a tribe on every world I've played on (if you include an academy) and I always enjoy it...Personally I like having an input on what my tribe does.

Just out of curiosity ridden, how can you have played for four years? World 1 started in 2007.

DeletedUser

Leading tribes sucks. Like seriously, do anything you can to avoid it. :icon_redface:

DeletedUser

Yes, Nyo, we all know how terrible you were at driving.. :p

@baximus, maybe the german worlds?

DeletedUser

Ah of course...The original german worlds were beasts...Noble packets didnt increase with each noble, so about 3 players (read: 3 German geeks with no social life what so ever) controlled 90% of the world...

Grego0o0

honestly i think i would've quit by now if i wasnt leading.

I love it. What you must think of though when you're a leader is what's best for the tribe, and theres always one little mistake u can make that can turn your tribe into a complete disaster.

i love making rash decisions and i love pressure. but thats just my personality type

DeletedUser

Leading tribes actually suck big time...you have to take out 3 times the thime as everyone else.

I lead a tribe in W31 in the absence of the duke(i was the baron) and those 3 weeks were like hell to me. We were in a was with the strongest tribe in the W( which is still the strongest '-V-')

DeletedUser

I find leading tribes fun, and I've been leaders in tons of tribes myself, but I think that generally speaking, the respect you gain if you are a good leader is worth the risk of losing it all.

DeletedUser

Ah of course...The original german worlds were beasts...Noble packets didnt increase with each noble, so about 3 players (read: 3 German geeks with no social life what so ever) controlled 90% of the world...

didnt in the german worlds you got no such thing as noblemen?

they were called 'hitlers' instead werent they?

hehe... i joke =)