Best village and/or troop builds

2004 Artemis

Since Pki is awesome, he removed the heavy hand of censorship, and has given permission to discuss that which we feel is necessary. Feel free to debate the pros and cons of your village builds. Let's wake this forum up!

DeletedUser

I'm not on this world...used to but anyways

Note, that the times are associated with w42

Defensive Build - 300 Hours / 12.5 days (one of the quickest builds possible)
5000 spears
1500 Swords
1000 archers
1750 HCs
250 Cats

Offensive - 319 hours 13 days (One of the quickest builds possible)
7000 axes
2500 LCs
400 MAs
250 Rams
50 Cats

Village Build
Village Headquarters (Level 20)
Barracks (Level 25)
Stable (Level 20)
Workshop (Level 2)
Academy (Level 1) (or lvl 3 in w39's case)
Smithy (Level 20)
Rally point (Level 1)
Statue (Level 1)
Market (Level 20)
Timber camp (Level 30)
Clay pit (Level 30)
Iron mine (Level 30)
Farm (Level 30)
Warehouse (Level 30)
Hiding place (Level 0)
Wall (Level 20)

DeletedUser74702

This isn't a archer world, so that doesn't help too much.

DeletedUser

You only need 213 rams, as that is the amount needed to reduce the wall bonus by half (the maximum that can be reduced). However if you wish to actually lower the wall level, that happens after the battle, and can take several hundred rams depending on how stacked the village is.
I thought 219 was the magic number :icon_confused:

lets see if I can remember what I built although it will be very vague

219 rams
2750 LC
50 scouts
rest in axes... just over 7k I think
(more powerful in nearly every situation)

OR

219 rams
50 scouts
6-6.5k axes
rest in LC... around 3-3.25k I think
(this one builds faster)

2004 Artemis

I thought 219 was the magic number :icon_confused:

lets see if I can remember what I built although it will be very vague

219 rams
2750 LC
50 scouts
rest in axes... just over 7k I think
(more powerful in nearly every situation)

OR

219 rams
50 scouts
6-6.5k axes
rest in LC... around 3-3.25k I think
(this one builds faster)

The magic number of rams to take a wall from 20-0 on an undefended village is 219. However, the number needed to drop the wall bonus (Can be dropped by up to half, and it is the effect caused by the rams before the battle), is 213.

Your builds themselves are actually okay.

I question the use of the scouts that you have, as it seems you want the scouts, yet you chose a "nice" number. It would be better to determine the actual number of scouts you would think you need, and then use that.

You also have limited rams for faking, which may or may not be a problem depending on if you prefer timed fakes or simply using a script or other method to mass send fakes.

DeletedUser

Using so little rams late world is bad, once it gets to the point where you HAVE to hit stacked villages and cant rely on hitting O/people dodging, you're going to want 300+ rams.. this world isn't that far yet, just saying 219 rams wont help you forever.

Also the exact builds arent really needed, as long as you keep hq above 20, rax/stable 15, workshop above 2, academy 2, max mines, do w/e with market(most efficient to have 20-23 if you use market script a lot) and keep walls up.

also roughly have 6k axes 3k lc, the numbers can vary a lot, as long as you dont dwarf axes or dwarf lc(12k axes or 5k lc) then you should be fine. lol

DeletedUser51390

hmm....

hq -20
rax-25
stable- 20
workshop -5 :icon_redface: [spoil]vulcan always used lvl 5 workshop. everytime we copalyed I would go back and drop it to 2 and come back to them all on 5 lol...after awhile it grew on me but isnt needed :\
[/spoil]
statue-1
rally-1
market- 20
resources -30
farm-30
wh-30
hiding-0 - first 5 or so villages I max it for early threats.
wall 20- why not?

Now my troop builds may not be the most common among people but im stubborn and like them this way.

Offense

2650 lc
250 ram
8500 -8900 axe pending on noble trains.
0 cats
10 scouts

Defense

9000 sp
2100 ish HC
10-100 scouts

techs

all villages, allows for quick shift of o/D villages if troops lost.

sp-3
sw-1
axe-3
sc-1
lc-3
hc-3
ram-1
cat- not researched.

DeletedUser

Your nukes will take longer to build then mine, thus while they may be slightly (under 10%) better, my build time will be over a day shorter than yours. If you want, I can cross compare the actual effectiveness for you to prove with numbers how they are better as well.

If your going to reduce resources, why reduce clay and iron? Iron is arguable the most valuable resource if you're constantly rebuilding troops. Clay is the most valuable is you're more stagnant and storing more packets. Wood could be considered the least valuable.

i got to 3 nuke builds :icon_eek: lol

i lower them, as i play 2x speed mainly, so even at that level i get enough resources to keep the production good.

DeletedUser

This isn't a archer world, so that doesn't help too much.

I clearly stated I was from w42...an archer world...but that I've played here previously...sorry for not editing. Just replace the 400 MAs for 500 LCs and the 1000 archers for 1000 spears or something.

DeletedUser

The magic number of rams to take a wall from 20-0 on an undefended village is 219. However, the number needed to drop the wall bonus (Can be dropped by up to half, and it is the effect caused by the rams before the battle), is 213.
ah, ok. that makes sense then.

I question the use of the scouts that you have, as it seems you want the scouts, yet you chose a "nice" number. It would be better to determine the actual number of scouts you would think you need, and then use that.
Those scouts are more for farming than actually actually being useful when attacking people :icon_redface:

Your builds themselves are actually okay.
They're completely average and simple I'd say. The beauty of that is while they may not be the best in every situation, they certainly aren't the worst either.

DeletedUser

it seems i've gone a little overkill with my nuke >.<
i have well over whats suggested here.

DeletedUser

My village build is the most amazing ever! :icon_biggrin:

HQ: 20
Rax: 25
Stable: 20
Workshop: 2
Statue: 1
RP: 1/2
Market: 26
Farm: 30
WH: 30
Hiding place: over 9000!
Note: This is the most important part of the village as at over level 9000 it protects the village from all harm. :icon_razz:
Wall- 0
Note: If you get the HP to over 9000 what use is a wall?
Also have a Christmas tree level 2 now. the farm now holds 25001 now because of it. Pretty much stockpiling resources to get level 3. :icon_wink:

DeletedUser

From what I remember from W23 I used
Village Headquarters (Level 20)
Barracks (Level 25)
Stable (Level 20)
Workshop (Level 3)
Academy (Level 2/3)
Smithy (Level 20)
Rally point (Level 1)
Statue (Level 1)
Market (Level 10) I don't use it :p
Timber camp (Level 30)
Clay pit (Level 30)
Iron mine (Level 30)
Farm (Level 30)
Warehouse (Level 30)
Hiding place (Level 10)
Wall (Level 20)

Thats my usual build.. Not started using it on this world yet though..

Sorry ifi nobled a few of yourfriends in BUS too ^_^