Bring w13 back?

DeletedUser

warrior can't act normal...unless he finally got some meds..

DeletedUser

I may be interested depending how many people we get in on it i know PG13 didn't go over so well :icon_rolleyes:

DeletedUser

Not sure if I will play after this world is done. Could be talked into it maybe.

DeletedUser

I may be interested depending how many people we get in on it i know PG13 didn't go over so well :icon_rolleyes:

no it did not..and do you know why? people joined and then bailed out within weeks.! NO COMMITMENT TO THE TRIBE! which is why i wont be joining another w13 premade..until w13 is over.

DeletedUser

Yes, lack of commitment (understandably) or clear chain of command. Most important, for premades to have a good chance, everybody must select the same starting location and start at precisely the same time, otherwise the clustering is bad. Oh, yeah and that was a church world too I think, was never too crazy about it.

DeletedUser

You always had a way with words Mason.

(Oh, have a good birthday as well, if my skype is to be believed)

Shadryk 01

No disrespect to anybody here, but I don't think any good premade will be formed when the main recruitment tool is the public forum. About a week ago, I sent a PM to past & present leaders of W13 tribes. I suggested that each leader collect & update complete contact info for their capable players. At some point in the future, we can reconnect via email, and via networking, bring together the players who can make it happen.

The response to my PM was overall poor, so this may not happen. I can reach most anybody in INSO, so we could do an INSO premade if we wanted to.

DeletedUser

Its true but i bet there will be a lot of INSO guys that don't want to do another world after 13

Shadryk 01

Actually, I think it would be very difficult for several reasons:

1) We are not experts in the early world. Many of us would need to relearn those tactics all over again. We're used to the late world. Entirely different playstyle.

2) As Mason says, many may choose to stay retired. We couldn't get our whole tribe to sign up.

3) After 3-5 years of play, our login time & frequency may be reduced.

4) It would be difficult (emotionally & politically) to dismiss historic members who fail to keep up on our new world. If some of our guys did not put in the time & effort, they could drag the tribe down. In our first year on W13, we dismissed players early & often.

**** having said all that, if we did get a core group of dedicated warriors (not just guys joining to "check it out"), plus other top players that we've come to know, I bet we could make the necessary adjustments and become a serious contender in a future world.

DeletedUser

Actually, I think it would be very difficult for several reasons:

1) We are not experts in the early world. Many of us would need to relearn those tactics all over again. We're used to the late world. Entirely different playstyle.

2) As Mason says, many may choose to stay retired. We couldn't get our whole tribe to sign up.

3) After 3-5 years of play, our login time & frequency may be reduced.

4) It would be difficult (emotionally & politically) to dismiss historic members who fail to keep up on our new world. If some of our guys did not put in the time & effort, they could drag the tribe down. In our first year on W13, we dismissed players early & often.

**** having said all that, if we did get a core group of dedicated warriors (not just guys joining to "check it out"), plus other top players that we've come to know, I bet we could make the necessary adjustments and become a serious contender in a future world.

number one is very true, there is a different culture out there compared to what many here may have seen if u havent tried a new world in a while. there are what i would call professional new world starters. they come, they conquer, they destroy and then they get bored and go. they are short time thrill seekers. to me looks like there is a very high % of them in new worlds. doesnt matter how good u are here, if u dont have this type of experience any more u can get owned easily.

number 3, i would suggest friends here co play to help with reduce game time. it's worked for alot of others and ur hero's here wont get left behind.

i must admit new world is alot of excitement when u have been same world for the 3 to 5 yrs.

u can be like forrest gump and end up winging it with ur own style or be steam rolled and sent to rehab like Lindsy lohan coming out of beginner protection.

i seen one of those hero's shad refers to, but an older world, saying he wished he had just one of his nukes from his old acct and he'd wipe the smile of some smart arses face :)

it is good fun

DeletedUser

That wouldn't be fair to the rest of the world.
See, thats why i wanted to make this into a world thing. I am a diffrent calliber player now, and i believe i can keep up with INSO members if given the opprotunity.

jimmy513

Well one thing I learned from someone who actually used to do that whole "thrill seeking" for the first month of the world was when you start out, get your barracks and make 100 spears right off the bat to continuously farm. And build that up while making buildings. He ended up being the top player in his K before he quit.

And I would be interested in playing in a world with W13. I recently quit due to school (trying to graduate a yr early, pretty much accomplished), work, and just overall life in general as Im sure you can all relate to.

But if it is something that is going to come to fruition, I would be interested.