Failed Vote Cat Player owned Village to Barb

Do you like this idea?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Think Twice.

Still Going Strong
Reaction score
So, A tribemate came up with this idea, but is not on externals. He said I could put my own twist on it and give him credit. (So credit to James London, aka -Dark Asses - )

The idea is to be able to turn a player owned village to a barbarian village. You would have to CAT a village to 0 points. When the village is catted to 0 points it is then frozen for a time perion. All construction and troop production is halted, but still player owned for a set time. Maybe, 48 hours? Then the village is turned into a barb village and starts growing accordingly. This wouldn’t be activated until maybe 3 months into a world? Also, I don’t think it should be allowed for a players first village.

Sawyer1

Think Twice.

Still Going Strong
Reaction score
Pretty much, the idea came from when someone in an enemy tribe nobled a bunch of barbs in a big cluster that we didn't want to noble, for farming purposes. We preferred to have them go back to barbarians but obviously once they are player owned. There is no going back. We thought, well what if there was a way to make them go back to barbarians?

So I was just thinking, What if you could turn your own villages to barbarian villages, then? Like, you have to demolish everything in the village and then have the option to turn the village into a barbarian.

Think Twice.

Still Going Strong
Reaction score
I don't see any reason why this would improve gameplay?

Just seems like a pointless strategy of self-harm that has no real benefit.

The strategy would be in not having to waste nobles on areas you don't want to. Could create a whole new strategy for a new world. You could literally expand territory and then turn some villages behind lines into barbarian villages for farming. Also, not having to mint as much.

One Last Shot...

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
I can see the reasoning, but that's really not convincing to me as an 'improvement' to the game.

You'd essentially destroy the pits and warehouse, purely to wait weeks for them to rebuild again. In that time a village with 30/30/30 pits could have given you a ridiculously larger amount of resources than you'd receive from farming it non-stop at full capacity for the next month.

This would also change the catting mechanics, as it would mean your cats sent to yourself should act differently to cats sent by anybody else (who can't knock a village down to 0 points). The complexity of the suggestion makes it seem very impractical from that aspect, even if it were to have any real value.

valtheran88

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
If this were to work on any village I would almost consider the value...cat a village down to 0 points would need to be above a certain threshold to take root and then instantly turn it into a 1100 point barb...I can see the benefit if I look at w111. Though I am opposed to this suggestion I can see the benefit on worlds like that...Maybe have a % effect before something like this could be a thing.