Clarification on scripts that doesn't need approval

forbiddenTM

Reaction score
Hey,

In the "About this forum - Must read!" thread it says about independant tools: External / Independent tools are approved by default. If your tool does not directly interact with the game and merely serves to display information on an external website or tool, or simply does some calculations for you outside of the game, it is considered an external tool. You can just publish your tool here!

For some clarification, if i wanted to create a chrome extension that does nothing but show information, no actions are done and no game functions used, is this by default allowed?
the idéa is to show an extra row in combat reports that shows the cost of unit losts.

Thanks in advance!

JawJaw

Awesomest CM Ever
Reaction score
We don't allow extensions of any kind, so that would not be permitted. The scripts that do not require approval are scripts that abide by all other rules - it being a user script/extension voids that.

forbiddenTM

Reaction score
We don't allow extensions of any kind, so that would not be permitted. The scripts that do not require approval are scripts that abide by all other rules - it being a user script/extension voids that.
Cosmetic extensions are fully banned? ;o
Could I then just replicate whatever content I want modified in the DOM to a separate popup-window that solely exists in that isolated popup, and make an adjustment there?

Is there a functional difference between these two?

Cosmetic extensions are fully banned? ;o
Could I then just replicate whatever content I want modified in the DOM to a separate popup-window that solely exists in that isolated popup, and make an adjustment there?

Is there a functional difference between these two?
sidenote: shouldn't be a problem to go through the tw quickmenu-type scripts, i'll submit for approval there, i'm just curious for the rationale :)

RedAlert

Senior In-Game Staff
Tribal Wars Team
Senior
Team
Script Moderator
Reaction score
sidenote: shouldn't be a problem to go through the tw quickmenu-type scripts, i'll submit for approval there, i'm just curious for the rationale :)

As JawJaw said, extensions are not allowed automatically, if you build the same thing not as an extension but as a script it will have to be checked if it can be approved or not.