Competition Time.

DeletedUser

pic_by_corkedbottle-d3cye9q.png

Hello World 52, its competition time!

The idea is to tell me about your perfect sunday. Sounds easy right?

All you have to do is send me a forum PM with the title "My Perfect Sunday" and off course your idea of the perfect Sunday contained within it.

The are off course some rules for this competition.

• No staff allowed, but you may post anyway.
  • All posts must be PG13 or less
  • No more than 750 words.
  • All entries must be submitted to me, by the person who wrote it by 6th may
  • The entries should naturally follow the forum rules
  • It does not have to be TW related.
  • One entry per person you may edit your entry by sending me a revised copy.

PRIZES!

1ST Prize 300pp
2ND Prize 200pp
3RD Prize 100pp

Multiple guest judges will be used to judge and decide upon the winners.

Good luck everyone
.​

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

This took a little longer than I had expected and far fewer judges than I wanted.

Special thanks go to AreYouKidden, The Cracker and last but not least;
My RL friend Robyn for helping to split the scores when loads tied at 1st/2nd place.

1ST for 300PP: [spoil]
Roch2001 said:
On my perfect Sunday, I wake up and look at you my perfect partner, lying dozing beside me as morning grows closer. As I see you awake, I close my eyes and pretend to be asleep. I hear you stir, feel your eyes upon me as yours gaze at me, as I just observed you only moments before. Then I feel the slight stir of sheets as you get up, away to make me breakfast in bed as you always do on a Sunday.
I inwardly giggle to myself at the last time we had the conversation about how I always wake before you, except on a Sunday, always on a Sunday, when its breakfast in bed day. I secretly know that you know I’m awake, but you don’t mind treating me this one day a week.

We always fill our days with something different on a Sunday. We both don’t work today for one, and we have the whole day to ourselves. An opportunity, that only comes one in seven days, to indulge ourselves in a perfect day.

Today where at the beach. I also love the beach days as much as I know you do. This time we have travelled a little further up the coast to a location we had only just found after some friends told us of what a beautiful spot it was.

They hadn’t been wrong either. We sit together on the beach, almost alone it feels. Looking to the left and right down the long stretch of golden looking sand there are only a few figures, almost lost to the eye there distance is so great.
I hug you holding you tight. We have been silent for a while, but this is alright. I feel how close you are to me, lost in the beauty of the open sea, the warm sand around us, and how it felt like another perfect Sunday.

We spend a great many more minutes just holding each other close, looking out into the sea and the far stretching distance of the blue. A dog barking suddenly breaks our long meditation of silent thought. I look down the beach and see a family playing. This must of just arrived recently. Already holes are being dug, sandcastles erected, mum trying to catch the running children to smear on suntan cream.

I look back towards you and see you looking back at me. I embrace you and we lock ourselves together for a long moment, a moment I wished would never end. ‘Lets get lunch’ I suggest to you. You nod in agreement and we rise up from the sand and begin to walk back to our car, chatting together and holding hands.
Were in a restaurant now. It’s evening time. On the drive back home we decided to skip our lunch in favour of an early dinner. I’m on a diet after all. I’m not sure how you do though , as I’ve seen you eat like a horse and yet you always look so perfect. I tell you all the time too, and I love to see you smile when I compliment you. You always tell me not to say such things, as it embarrasses you and I know how shy you are. But secretly, I know you like it.

We order the usual we always do from the menu. This is one of our favourite restaurants. I suspect the waiter could ask us if we wanted the usual, but they never do. I know that you could order for me, or me order for you. But we never do.

We eat our food, and we laugh and giggle, talking about our memories, our futures, our hurts and our joys. Sharing ourselves as we have done all day. It makes me happy as I notice your already deciding what looks best for the deserts.

I remember the first time I was with you, it was a Sunday. I took you to this place on our first date. You were so beautiful and I was so nervous. When you hardly ate anything my heart sank and I thought you hated this place, maybe even me. To find out you were just nervous too., that you found it uneasy to eat while in front of strangers. It seems so silly a thought now I guess, as I watch you decide on desert.

This moment here reminds me, our Sunday’s should be perfect, just like it was on our very first Sunday.

(750 words)
[/spoil]

2ND for 200pp: [spoil]
Swans1981 said:
My Perfect Sunday

My Perfect Sunday would involve,
no mystery to be unsolved,
a day where my mind was clear
of all the things happening, I fear.

My day would consist of my free mind,
floating around like butterflies in the sky,
My day would include a nice walk on the beach,
with my girlfriend on my back, clinging like a leech.

This day of mine, oh perfect Sunday,
would be a day where skies ain't grey,
a glistening sun, shining embers,
will this day come? I wait, I tremor.

A day the Gods would join us for,
where every creature is Happy Galore,
a day such as this be like no other,
where everyone - each others brother.

The smell of fresh grass,
the relaxing winds breeze,
a nice cold beer,
I sip it with ease.

The sun smiles down from up in the sky,
onto the patch of grass where I lie,
it's invisible rays frazzle my face,
I feel the glorious warmth embrace.

This is my Perfect Sunday,
unrealistic it may be,
I think it sounds beautiful,
I only hope you can agree! :)
[/spoil]

Joint 3RD for 100PP each

[spoil]
subcult said:
My perfect sundae would be made this Sunday, I would make it aboard the Millennium Falcon using salt mined from the Himalayan mountains, half the ice made from the purest glacier found in the South pole and the other half from the North pole. The (pink) milk I would have taken from baby pygmy hippos. I would combine that with generic imitation vanilla and banana Runts. I would be spoon fed by previously conjoined twins (both with only one arm). Afterwards I would wax my chest and PG-13ly wrestle with Jessica Alba to burn off the extra calories.
[/spoil]

[spoil]
croggy said:
My perfectsunday would start with me waking up at 6.30 next to the queen. Then after cleaning myself up i would take her doggies a walk for her around hyde park.

I'd then steal her doggies and eat them with some homeless fellas under the subway. we'd have a proper big bbq and drink lots of cider while laughing at each others pee pee stains

after that it should all get hazey and if itstruely perfect i wont remember anything else but i will wake up monday in a police cell and pregnant
[/spoil]​

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I'm still needed the IG account of some people to send the premium too. :)

DeletedUser

Well that's grand but considering you didn't win it's also irrelevant.

DeletedUser

Thanks, that'd be good. If he aint playing though he isn't gonna want prem is he?

DeletedUser

Ooh, swans' poem is great!
He made it even better after I helped him with it ^.^