Core Wars: The Turtle's Cruel Tale of Knights, Orcs, and Trolls that go KABOOM!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

Glad to see a thread about a war with another tribe has been hijacked by trolls talking about everything but the actual war. Guess we're going for our second round of getting our thread shut down because of butt-hurts and whiners.

And it's kind of difficult to judge those stats MRG since when we start nobling on TK members, they get kicked. Besides 1 person on here, they were all under attack when they "left"

sarroman Left 06th March 2014 - 17:05 5,267
pstdental Left 06th March 2014 - 10:05 58,821
shameem M Left 05th March 2014 - 01:10 103,664
Lord Eastwood Left 04th March 2014 - 14:06 40,816
jitmu Left 03rd March 2014 - 19:10 82,785
Jamieford10 Left 03rd March 2014 - 00:09 4,412
sarroman Joined 25th February 2014 - 22:14 26,109
g.unit Left 25th February 2014 - 05:05 28,007
nowitsover Left 24th February 2014 - 15:15 137,224

Still waiting for TKWSN to let those troops talk. Must be put under a gag order or something.

Overall, in the 18 days since the declaration, it looks like this:

pstdental (disbanded) 0 15 152.819 1.022.737
nowitsover (deleted) (disbanded) 0 9 143.014 244.660
Lord Eastwood (disbanded) 1 1 64.403 50.604
sarroman (disbanded) 0 4 34.604 188.811
frozzty (disbanded) 0 0 9.783 0
thebenj (disbanded) 0 1 9.110 543
Jamieford10 (disbanded) 0 1 82 97.526
g.unit (disbanded) 0 2 0 118.551
Afshin.ATFT (deleted) (disbanded) 0 5 0 83.332
Soldato13 (deleted) (disbanded) 0 0 0 5.878
jitmu (disbanded) 0 13 499.441 953.015

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

A small handful of people between a certain time period?

You obviously haven't seen a real mass recruit tribe where they spam invites that range from everyone around them to players on the other side of the world. Your definition is wrong. You are wrong. Wake up from your slumber and join the rest of us in the real world.

My apologies, let me clarify... A tribe that recruits handfuls of people MULTIPLE times between a very short amount of time.
Turtle/Ninja recruit like ~5 players every week.
As opposed to tribes like 800813 or Cruel who recruit 5 people every month if that.

Hopefully you see the difference. o_O

Edit:
Glad to see a thread about a war with another tribe has been hijacked by trolls talking about everything but the actual war. Guess we're going for our second round of getting our thread shut down because of butt-hurts and whiners.

I think it's been established that Turtle don't war people... This isn't a war thread bud... :lol: This is a 'put all the names of tribes Turtle is going to merge with/become a family with/recruit off in the title so we can discuss it' thread. xD

Edit Edit: Just saw this on another thread and started busting up laughing...
http://www.twstats.com/en72/index.php?page=player&mode=conquers&id=10210391&type=&pn=-1
Those solid recruits huh Turtle? :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Too bad orc failed internally. They are the only tribe that won a large scale war in history (ORC vs CORE).

Not pointing on someone to defeat orc. Well, I know Turtle has been gang banged early in the world by the PIG family. But ORC vs CORE is "more" epic and "large scale".

PS. Don't be too much defensive. I'm not here to troll. I'd like to get answer why Tampara left.

DeletedUser

Too bad orc failed internally. They are the only tribe that won a large scale war in history (ORC vs CORE).

Not pointing on someone to defeat orc. Well, I know Turtle has been gang banged early in the world by the PIG family. But ORC vs CORE is "more" epic and "large scale".

PS. Don't be too much defensive. I'm not here to troll. I'd like to get answer why Tampara left.
Short story:

TWLooser is quitting for W73 where he's top 10 already.
He's hitting plenty of people in K34 to help Turtle since he's giving his villages to Soul-Thief since they've been working together since day 1.
Tampara has an unlisted basher in the area that TWLooser hit.
Tampara sent an insanely aggressive mail to TWLooser in regards to stopping the hit on his basher.
Tampara claimed it was the plan of TWLooser and Soul-Thief, when infact it was I that asked for the hit, since I was to noble the player over this weekend myself.
TWLooser responded pointing out that if he had approached him nicely, he would of backed off without another word, appologized, and even offer a village or two as an "I'm sorry bro, didn't know", but instead Tampara blew it out of proportion.
Tampara claimed that Soul-Thief and TWLooser were planning this from the beginning and left in aggression towards it, claiming that Turtle was allowing it.
None of this was raised at all with leadership or anything, just what players were exchanging with words.

For what it's worth, as good as Tampara is, he's got an insane anger problem and the mails and his posts on the forums are more then enough explination about it. This whole problem was due to the fact that Tampara didn't inform a single person about his basher, and instantly went ballistic about it. If TWLooser didn't hit him, I would have and would have nobled around 4 villages in about an hour without hesitation, since I'd been building up to it for the last few days.

To put it simply, Tampara is having a sook, more or less. (Not trying to be offensive about it, but that's exactly what's going on.)

DeletedUser

[spoil]I shall name you Plank, and you will be my Plank.
[spoil]
Ed%2Bplank.jpg
[/spoil]

This whole thread has been a clash of different ideas of what the game is. You've been arguing the same thing for pages and pages and you're not making progress. You can't debate when neither side is willing to listen to the other.

Turtle wants to win the world, as quickly as they can. Nobody has denied this.
Others seem to want to find challenges for themselves and prefer to fight in game.

Two different playing styles. Both can work, worlds have been won both ways.

New worlds have become more inclined to the first strategy, as evidenced by both the quick turnover of worlds and the length they have been lasting. The worlds not filling up as much obviously contributes to that as well.

There are merits to both, but the first is undoubtedly the faster way to accomplish a world win - with two tribes winning you only have to noble half the map each. That and the player turnover within the tribe ensures both internal villages for player expansion away from frontlines, and new blood that will be constantly active. The problem is players don't tend to forge bonds like they would in a tribe where the accounts remain more constant and thus the tribe's activity suffers during the slower end game phase (a lack of new recruits available as the tribes are more entrenched in their positions, and a lack of unity between members).

Of course it's annoying to see one tribe expanding over much of the map without feeling that they have earned it - at that point it's up to the other tribes in the world to change the dynamic and stop accepting recruitment as a valid way of taking over the world.

Personally, were I in Cruel and dealing with diplomacy I would be annoyed with Turtle's actions (or at least the way they have been portrayed on the externals). I think it would be quite interesting to see these two tribes clash, though they are fairly closely allied from what I understand.

There has yet to be an impressive op shown from any tribe (at least, none have materialised out here on the forums) so most of the arguing here is really just meaningless banter.

An outsider's perspective anyways. Now, what's that saying? Put up or shut up? :icon_evil:[/spoil]
First god-damn response I want to like the crap out of. Well said.

Now, on-topic with the war, ladies, here are some stats:

Side 1:
Tribes: Ninja, Turtle, Kaboom
Side 2:
Tribes: TKWSN, TKWSN.
Players: pstdental, Lord Eastwood, sarroman, frozzty, thebenj, Jamieford10, g.unit, jitmu

Timeframe: 16/02/2014 04:40:00 to 07/03/2014 05:37:22

Total conquers against opposite side:

Side 1: 103
Side 2: 3
Difference: 100

chart

Points value of total conquers against opposite side:

Side 1: 831,325
Side 2: 22,758
Difference: 808,567

chart

nowitsover has been deleted:
[spoil]
7lVje.png

7lVrm.png
[/spoil]
Afshin.ATFT has been deleted:
[spoil]
7lVub.png
[/spoil]
Soldato13 has been deleted:
[spoil]
7lVx9.png
[/spoil]

The reason these players are included are their removal from TKWSN after Ninja/Turtle/Kaboom attacks were launched on them. This fact can not be denied, except for Soldato's case, but his removal was apparently very shortly after he was launched on, so during travel. This can not be confirmed or denied, and as such, will be included regardless.

For those that are wondering as to what the total number of caps and point differences are, I'll do the math and explanation here:

All players that were in the tribes upon the capture of villages are recorded by TWStats. If the player is removed from the tribe, and captures follow, they are not included in the TWStats statistics unless the player is manually added to the stats. For these three players, TWStats isn't allowing them to be added to the war stats for reasons that the accounts are no longer active in the world. As such, their stats need to be MANUALLY added. The following three players had a loss of, and combined total of:

15 villages capped after their removal from TKWSN, to the Turtle/Ninja/Kaboom side.

Point values:

nowitsover: 87,732 points to Turtle/Ninja/Kaboom after removal.
Afshin.ATFT: 0 points to Turtle/Ninja/Kaboom after removal.
Soldato13: 37,173 points to Turtle/Ninja/Kaboom after removal.

Total: 124,905 points.

Adding to the total posted:

103 + 15 = 118 captures since the war began.
831,325 + 124,905 = 956,230 points.
956,230 - 22,758(TKWSN Captures) = 933,472 point difference.

Now ladies. Can it be assumed that the Turtle coalition is winning this war without officially trying? Or are we going to continue on the train of "not doing much to take TKWSN out"?

DeletedUser

Thanks Llama for that wonderful answer you gave me. Sad to see him walk away again from another tribe tho.

On topic. Turtle proved themselves from the beginning of the world when Cruel rescued them from extinction. They survived against another failed mass recruitment tribe (PIG alliance/family) with the help of Cruel when the troops during that time are still limited. So i don't see a reason for them to make conflict with Cruel. (Until there is a valid reason for war)

I can see a lot of bashers and haters from across the world. Now, Turtle may either declare war on every tribe insulting them on the externals or just sit back and recruit to force an end game setting then war the tribes in sight. Either of the strategy they will employ is legit and we have no right to coy or bad mouth them.

So if Turtle chooses the latter, I just hope the bashers and haters gather their balls and declare on Turtle.

Let the warmongering tribe win this world.

DeletedUser

i don't see a reason for them to make conflict with Cruel
Sorry, you seem to have misunderstood me.
What I meant was if I were in Cruel I would be inclined to engage in conflict against Turtle, not the opposite way around.

DeletedUser

Thanks Llama for that wonderful answer you gave me. Sad to see him walk away again from another tribe tho.

On topic. Turtle proved themselves from the beginning of the world when Cruel rescued them from extinction. They survived against another failed mass recruitment tribe (PIG alliance/family) with the help of Cruel when the troops during that time are still limited. So i don't see a reason for them to make conflict with Cruel. (Until there is a valid reason for war)

I can see a lot of bashers and haters from across the world. Now, Turtle may either declare war on every tribe insulting them on the externals or just sit back and recruit to force an end game setting then war the tribes in sight. Either of the strategy they will employ is legit and we have no right to coy or bad mouth them.

So if Turtle chooses the latter, I just hope the bashers and haters gather their balls and declare on Turtle.

Let the warmongering tribe win this world.
Your post is presented so well as an outsider that I must commend you on your open mind. This is pretty much what needs to be done in the situation of the bitching and moaning going on. Yes, that was the case in the early game, but Turtle picked themselves back up and are beginning to show force with little effort. The stats I posted are a good example.

I really do hope this turns into an awesome war, with no-holds-bar. I am waiting for that day. Just thinking about it fills me with glee, and a smile splits open ear to ear just thinking about the mess that would follow with nobles, ops, stacks... I love war in the game, and end-game is specifically my favorite, because everyone is out to win regardless.

We all, unfortunately, can see what will happen though. When it hits that point, and if Turtle goes that far without being gang bashed, it'll be Turtle vs. The world. I would love to see them pull off something like INSO did in world 13, how they just took everything thrown at them and push back 110%, but who knows. W31 it turned into that situation with a 5vs1 gang bash on the Hell!Fire! family. It was a great war, with Hellfire falling to internal problems, but leading up to it, my god it felt good. I hope to see that here. (For the record, tribe wise, it was roughly 9 tribes vs. 3. Couple of families mixed in with the larger)

And as you said, may the best warmongers win!

DeletedUser103387

It's funny because this is a carbon copy of what ORC did but on a smaller scale, recruited like mad to a huge family and then collapsed.

The sad thing is that none of TURTLE have even given consideration to the fact that these players jumped into their tribe to avoid a war, not exactly a good trait..

DeletedUser111538

@FatEmoLLaMa

We all, unfortunately, can see what will happen though. When it hits that point, and if Turtle goes that far without being gang bashed, it'll be Turtle vs. The world.

I don't want misinterpret your post but the way you say that suggests that this would be some how unfair? How you would call it a gangbang I really do not know.

Turtle F + Kaboom = 33.5million

Cruel + 800800813 + remaining top 10 not associated with turtle (I just added these for arguments sake not because this is going to actually happen) = 46million

Consider the rest of the top 10 are not going to be making any sort of coalition against you, to even make a statement suggesting any sort of "gang bang" is on the horizon is a quite pathetic. There isn't any amount of worthwhile tribes that could form any sort of group that is large enough to say a gangbang is happening or even possible.

If you want a true definition of a gang bang try**:
Turtle F + Kaboom vs TKWSN

** Note these are the stats being used to back up the statement of "Turtle picked themselves back up and are beginning to show force with little effort. The stats I posted are a good example."

The main thing that has hacked me off in all of this is that Turtle have caused this perception of an end game war on the horizon. It's so dam frustrating that the most enjoyable phase of the world is being ruined by lack of wars and instead recruitment. Check this:

Server run-time: 130 days
Approx 4 and a half months this world has been running and I hear (not just on externals) talk of end game. Speed 1 with expensive packets and we think we are near end game. We shouldn't be having huge world wide wars for another 6 months but it's being forced because of the horrible recruitment strategy of turtle that ruins tribes ability to keep wars going because they've just had their top 5 up and leave.

And rich, your such a fail poster. Your not winning anything. There isn't a winning tribe at this stage of the world. There is a tribe that temporarily holds rank 1. The only thing that matters is the winner in 18+ months (yes folks, this world has a hell of a way to go yet). 4 1/2 months in I do not giving a flying monkeys who holds rank 1 spot.

DeletedUser

I'll answer this accordingly.

I don't want misinterpret your post but the way you say that suggests that this would be some how unfair? How you would call it a gangbang I really do not know.

Turtle F + Kaboom = 33.5million

Cruel + 800800813 + remaining top 10 not associated with turtle (I just added these for arguments sake not because this is going to actually happen) = 46million

Consider the rest of the top 10 are not going to be making any sort of coalition against you, to even make a statement suggesting any sort of "gang bang" is on the horizon is a quite pathetic. There isn't any amount of worthwhile tribes that could form any sort of group that is large enough to say a gangbang is happening or even possible.
This is currently. Not future. With all the fronts on the rim, and the access other tribes have to, let's say, better food? I'm pretty sure we'll see the large come from the later group, especially Cruel.

If you want a true definition of a gang bang try**:
Turtle F + Kaboom vs TKWSN

** Note these are the stats being used to back up the statement of "Turtle picked themselves back up and are beginning to show force with little effort. The stats I posted are a good example."
It's been stated and posted a few times, but here it is again:

[spoil]
7m9ma.png

7m9n7.png
[/spoil]

Without actually looking at the stats, Turtle and Kaboom have 31 people involved. TKWSN HAD (Included deleteds, since we could class them as casualties) 35 players. Now, as much as we're all just looking at "hurr hurr points", if people were aware, at time of declaration, TKWSN F. had a 37% influence of the continent, with only 11% going to Turtle F. We were only slighter bigger then Kaboom in the continent, so we'll say 22% as a whole. The war was in their favor from the start... I only came across info just yesterday that the TKWSN recruits into Turtle (No, not Mawg, he was Ex-Faith planned to join prior to issues, along with other Ex-Faith) were planned before any conflict. It's news to me as it happened 3 weeks ago and I'm only hearing about it now.

As much as everyone will disagree with those points I've listed, it's nothing but factual evidence >_> TKWSN had the upper hand and wanted 100% control over K43, which is when info surfaced on the ops being prepped on HankFourteen, Im Not Fazed, and then follow with ops on Ninja members in the area when Orc was to declare on Turtle. They bet everything on Orc, and then we hit Orc a little too hard when they already had a war to fight. They backed off the moment their botched noble op failed, and was then counter-attacked by the very player they attempted to take out. TKWSN stuck by themselves, which, I should say where honor is due, but in the end continued to dig their graves with further comments. Tony's posts are a prime example within the thread.

The main thing that has hacked me off in all of this is that Turtle have caused this perception of an end game war on the horizon. It's so dam frustrating that the most enjoyable phase of the world is being ruined by lack of wars and instead recruitment. Check this:

Server run-time: 130 days
Approx 4 and a half months this world has been running and I hear (not just on externals) talk of end game. Speed 1 with expensive packets and we think we are near end game. We shouldn't be having huge world wide wars for another 6 months but it's being forced because of the horrible recruitment strategy of turtle that ruins tribes ability to keep wars going because they've just had their top 5 up and leave.
For as long as I've played, the moment the few super powers of the world begin to climb the mountain, talks of end game arise. This is a given. I talk about end-game all the time. I've been talking about it with the tribe since I joined in January when the whole super power idea came to fruit. I've planned everything out personally, from my own expansion, to which front I would fight on given the circumstances once I'm prepped for mass noble travel. I have plans on plans that would make me look like a fool, but they're all situational.

Everyone begins to get this end-game mindset usually around the time a singular poster boy of supremacy arrives. No, I'm not being a pretentious dick, as much as that sounds like it. No. I'm actually stating the obvious. Would you know that W62 had an even less time before end-game begun being discussed? Panic!, the tribe at the top, only managing 5 mil at the time, were in the lead by a clear 3mil margin over second place Org. The amount of end-game talk was phenominal. "Will Panic merge with Org to force an end?" "Will it be Org vs Panic?" "Who's fighting who's side in the final war?". It was the same thing over and over again.

Rather then use the "problem" and continue to poster-boy them more, consider the fact that if everyone is in this mindset, that means everyone has the same thought in mind, and that's "Turtle is going to win", or something similar, which leads to this slander, this constant bitching, this insessant disregard that this thread is a GOD DAMN PNP... But I digress... It's the way the players feel at the present point, and as much as everyone thinks they're doing damage by constantly ripping on Turtle, they're only proving to Turtle members (Not me, more logical standpoint then anything here), that they're afraid of something and need to justify their reasoning.

This is basic psychology mixed in with a game with a political feeling more inclined then the Australian Government (Take that, Mr. Abbot). It's something people really need to get around before opening their mouth.

And then here I sit... Posting walls of text to inform people on an educated level on how they're mislead. With people like Finny50, who needs fanboys? Am I right?

Also, here's a funny comment;

i r wunt 2 see if we canz set record for fastst wrld. - Brick, 2014.

DeletedUser

Guys without posting a wall of text with rights of wrongs to this, surely if you wish to discuss end game then start a new thread dedicated to it.

I've tried to clear the thread up as best I can, next stage it just to lock it and no re-open it and im trying my best to not do this as it shouldn't have bearing on this thread at present.

DeletedUser111538

Emo,

Not sure if the last comment was a troll or a quote from someone but it genuinely looks like turtle objective is to recruit to the fastest ever world win.

I can only use w68 as my main example from exp and that world is now won with the winning tribe still having many many many months to get to 60% It's really sad and hardly worth logging into the world anymore because "end game war" happened during mid game. Just like this world is shaping up. The only enjoyable part of that world was owning the tribe that had mass recruited/internalled to speed up the world to the conflict earlier than when it would of naturally occurred.

Status
Not open for further replies.