Dignity before dishonor

DeletedUser

At what point do you get used to that sinking feeling- watching those seconds tick tick tick by bringing the dreaded inevitable to be?

Knowing that If this or if that had been done differently- this wouldn't be happening right now....

Suddenly all the hard work and time you have dedicated to building up your villages, your troops, your game, slips away and there is nothing that you or anyone else can do for you.

Still you find yourself unable to let go....

You are drawn to the screen. You helplessly look all around you for any glimmering light of hope. As you view the map, troop counts disappear from your screen and report scrolls pop up.

The screen glitches and there before you appears another red dot where once your own villages stood.

And still you find yourself hoping. You put more troops in the check knowing that they will only continue building to support your enemy when the village is taken- yet you do it anyways in desperation with a sense of urgency that somehow perhaps by a stroke of good fortune you can kill just one of his nobles this time and save your village.

Then more troop counts pop up on your screen....

More of his mates have sent cats, rams, spears and horses to more and more of your villages.

A friend writes a note and sends support. This futile act of kindness inspires the hope again though the troops will land on a suicide mission for the rams and not the nobles....

Impulsively you want to lash out at someone. Emotion swells within you as you watch yet another village disappear into a sea of ever growing redness.

Accusations fill your mind. Accusations toward the enemy for ganging up on you- 2,3,4 or 10 people attacking one tiny player. It doesn't seem quite fair.

Accusation toward your tribe mates; if only they would be more active; if they wouldn't have started this war in the first place; if they would send more support; if you hadn't been sitting their account they could have sent you support. And the list goes on.

Accusations toward your job, your room mates and even your computer for keeping you offline. If only you'd been able to get on more often this would not be happening. Perhaps.

If this or that had been done differently- perhaps this would not be happening right now. Yet it didn't happen the other way. It is what it is, here and now.

The accusations fade into plots of revenge. You check the rankings page to find a village nearby to rebuild and take back what was rightfully yours.

You draft memos in your mind; notes of whom to rally to your cause; someone, anyone, to join your brigade of someday and when...

You want desperately to be able to walk away; to go have lunch; to see a movie; to do anything but play this game. Yet you remain, just watching because watching is all that is in your power to do.

Another village turns red and the seconds keep ticking...

:lol:

DeletedUser

errrr..... first post ftw?

I like the whole story there, but can you please inform me why this is not in the general discussion section, and what is the purpose of this? It is what .X. is facing right now? :icon_eek:

DeletedUser

I was supposed to be first post :p

loolz.. didnt bother posting.. now i just did :p

anyways, Whats your point man?

DeletedUser

I like the whole story there, but can you please inform me why this is not in the general discussion section, and what is the purpose of this? It is what .X. is facing right now? :icon_eek:

And what is .X. facing right now my brother?

Ohhhh- you mean that it requires an entire tribe and 35 pages of d3ath nukes to take a total of .....4? 5? villages from a player an enth the size of any of them?

Or the fact that we are rimming butt on bdeath and plague both right now?

Nope- it was just something about the addiction that I figured everyone who plays this game could relate to.

Probs should have put it in the general forum- but oh well :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

i mis read it and thought it said death before dishonour and figured it was either trying to boast or shatter [D3TH]'s morale and as a result was hugely dissapointed and seem to have lost several IQ points

DeletedUser66513

lol

apparently someone made up some shizzle about us supporting XIII against [D3TH], and told [D3TH] this - so they have marked us as enemies and decided to clear us outta k20 lol

hethanangel had about 4 or 5 k20 villages and it took them god knows how many attacks to get her outta there :icon_rolleyes:

DeletedUser

lol

apparently someone made up some shizzle about us supporting XIII against [D3TH], and told [D3TH] this - so they have marked us as enemies and decided to clear us outta k20 lol

hethanangel had about 4 or 5 k20 villages and it took them god knows how many attacks to get her outta there :icon_rolleyes:

I think that you guys actually were backing XIII here, I know things :icon_wink:

But D3TH will never be able to take those villages :lol:

DeletedUser66513

I think that you guys actually were backing XIII here, I know things :icon_wink:

But D3TH will never be able to take those villages :lol:

backing maybe, actively supporting no

given our location, we would prefer XIII to win - but atm we cant spare the troops to help them lol

DeletedUser

backing maybe, actively supporting no

given our location, we would prefer XIII to win - but atm we cant spare the troops to help them lol

Of course you can't, duh! Though you are backing and co-ordinating with them, aren't you. Then again, we should focus more on D3TH hiring nub tribes to fight for them :lol:

DeletedUser66513

co-ordinating?

nope

we are cheering on teh sidelines, nothing more :)

DeletedUser

BDeath don't even deserve that much credit. They are just big noobs.