Farewell and Congratulations

MR.MR

Hello all,

Your favorite ginger here for one final farewell address.

Due to some personal issues I went two weeks opening my laptop only once to check some clash of clans tips, and did not do anything tribalwars related. Apparently I had turned off PA on killergmantis account, and on Christmas Day, my account was deleted.

Thank you to everyone who has contacted me with offers of an account to log into so I could write this, it is much appreciated.

It was late March, 2013, and I was sitting on a sailboat in Aruba. I had been hired as a deckhand to help a guy sail his boat from Trindad through Venezuela, Colombia, Aruba, Bonaire, Curacao, and Panama, and was left alone at a yacht resort for 12 days in Aruba while the captain went back to the USA to spend Easter with family... I had a list of cleaning and maintenance projects to do, and the NCAA tournament to watch, but still had spare time... happened to check TW and see that they were releasing their first world with extra premium features, I had my tablet, and I had a nice stockpile of PP saved up from years of moderating... decided to try the features out and mess around a bit on the world, knowing full well that I would only have 12 days before having to sail on for another 5 weeks without internet... grabbed a couple of friends and registered an account. Thankfully they were motivated enough to keep things going while I was island hopping in the South Caribbean.

Starting a day or two late, my first village was [coord]610|600[/coord] and we had one of my better starts in TW... had 5 villages before anyone else in the continent had two. Started to attract attention from a 10-man tribe called Turtl3, who ran a nice timed noble and cat op on me. I defended it with hardly a catted building, and that led to talks about me joining them. I joined as a baron and had fully taken over for the duke after a couple weeks, as he had started a new job.

Turtl3 slowly grew and grew, and I would say that June 2013 through October 2013 would be the pinnacle of my TW enjoyment. The community and friendship that we had in Turtl3 was amazing, and they helped me get through week after week of work as I saved up for my winter travels, including a September in which I had no days off of work. Sadly theres not many of us left from that era, but a shoutout to Gobbing, Mulloway, Laidlaw, team HeYoo, Morpeth, slowlearner, and Lameco who have made it to the finish line with me.

In early November I embarked on a journey to Central America with my girlfriend, and we were sent Turtle t-shirts so we could take pictures all over the world with them, and my Turtle shirt even made it to the top of Machu Piccu.

In December, after a couple hard-fought months of war between Turtl3 and DD, a ceasefire and merger accord was struck to form NADs to take down the Axis of Evil that was V/A and all its subsidiaries. In what is probably one of the more fluid moves in TW history, through the combined efforts of myself, James, Amigo, and Ryan, the respective dukes and barons of NADs, we merged tribes on the 12th, and in one week, were able to unify the tribe, prepare AND complete frontline stacking, prepare a war plan, and execute that war plan, with our declaration(link) and opening salvo beginning on December 20th, as was the plan. Its a testament to the calibre of players within NADs, from the top to the bottom, that we could pull off such an aggressive move so quickly... a kudos to all of you.

Once V/A was broken in February, the rest of the world has been little more than mop-up. I tried to organize a challenge by suggesting to the remaining tribe leaders of the world to band together against us, but they did so too-little, too-late.

And now, after this bore of a world has drug on long beyond the point of fun or interest (at least to myself, I hate nobling barbarians and internals/freebies), we have reached the final day, and everyone deserves a commendation for a job well done and for making it to the final day. All of you beat me in that regard, as my account was deleted a few days ago.

I'm glad to see there was a slot for [player]soulmageX[/player] at the end of the world, Eli is a fantastic player and I cannot think of one 'non-leadership' person who has been more imperative to the success of our w75 tribe than him; my issue with his recruitment was not about him, it was about us giving spots to enemies at this stage before all of our remaining friends and allies had been honored, and that if there was a spot open on the final day of the world and our allies were successfully rewarded, he should get it. I'm glad that it worked out for him to be a part of this victory.

I could go on and on, write a full novel about each month of the 21 month history of w68, but I've covered all the important points.

I'll take one final moment in remembrance of all of the greats that have fallen to the wayside....... the world would be a vastly different place without their touch.

Those of you who wish to play on, our w75 venture is a great one. The full-scale war-for-the-world will kick off in mid January, we have a great team of players, including myself, Eli (soulmage), Dave/immunesoul, Ryan/Justifi3d, alasdair/slowlearner. It is a non-prem-feature world, with 9 day nuke rebuilds (but normal troop speed), so its truly about who can out-play who, no 'buying' a victory, and no boring eating of dead players, the enemy tribe is very much determined to fight back, something we never really experienced on w68 in V/A or Pro on a tribal-scale. Eli and I can be reached on ODKipperoo account there in tribe Norse, though I am on hiatus until January 2. We'd love to have you with us.

Otherwise if you just want to keep in touch, my skype is asalamalakum, and so is my forum username; you can PM me on either of those. If you are a WhatsApp user, ask Nammmy (twodot) for my deets.

Thank you to every single human who made W68 as fun and successful as it was, it takes a great team as much as great leadership to win a world. Congratulations to all of you who have made it to this point in victory.

Godspeed to all of you in whatever your next chapter of life may be, and if you ever make it to Wisconsin, USA, theres a couch and a meal waiting for you.

Scott/Asalamalakum/killergmantis/assholeclown

PS: For those of you who do know my life outside of the game, I was promoted to manager of my restaurant, and also now work for my sailing captain as the sole employee on his large investment funds. I work nearly 60 hours every week, and I will be unable to travel this year as I had to make a year commitment for my promotion at the restaurant not to leave. Hannah and I are still together, living together now, and will celebrate our 3 year mark on St Patricks Day.

MR.MR

Realized as soon as I hit send, one final shoutout I had missed.

Shoutout to LivnLarge; you were isolated miles from anyone in the tribe up in k21/31, and despite a constant barrage, outnumbered, and outgunned, you never once gave up and never once stopped trying, even when it got tough at times. Congratulations on making it to the end of the world, you deserve a special notice and recognition.

-Scott

[Also reserving this space for a few NADs and Turtle-related pictures that I will post when I get home to my computer tonight]

idontfight

Still Going Strong
Reaction score
Congrats scott, i have not done much on world 68, apart from hold an account, and keep it kind of active, but meeting you on 75, and taking it to HP with you, mike, eli and savage has been something else.

Thanks for your patience, and your friendship.

A well deserved win.

Ali

DeletedUser115697

Congratulations scott for taking nads hostage while you went inactive.
Congratulations scott for taking the rank 1 account on world 68 and messing it up then barbing.
Congratulations scott for losing a world but taking credit for it anyway

DeletedUser111574

I miss this world, It was fun. Yeah there were problems like there always everywhere but it won't be the same. <3