Farewell!

DeletedUser110820

Dear Mercenaries!
This is my final post. It was a blast playing with every single one of you!

Before I leave, I would like to tell you guys the story of MERC, with special thanks, of course, to the founding members - King Skonee, ilgorgo & AnonimYs. The three guys, barely 3,000 points old, didn't like what tribes there were around, so we decided to band together and this is how Mercenaries was formed. Next came bdfoster73, a rising star and a PP booster :), followed by Elli, yet another PP Booster. Both of whom have quickly learned the error of their PP ways and there were no further additions to the tribe for almost a month.

I like to think I was a good leader. I did plan months ahead and take care of the tribe. Devoted many, many hours to its well-being and growth. Unfortunately, I fell victim to the lies & deceit propagated by Four. After an agreement, they went ahead to back-stab us without blinking an eye, by joining forces with LITD and overpowering with sheer numbers.
This was quite costly for them too - they lost 13 nobles, 7 full nukes & a whole bunch of other stuff, and this is just within half a day and only my records. They lost more on King Skonee & ilgorgo.

Either way. I am incredibly glad that I have met everyone in MERC & hope you guys had fun too.

On a final note, I want to wish you guys all the best & really hope the rest of the world will understand who Four really are and band together, like the three guys, a long time ago, who were barely 3,000 points.

Yours,
AnonimYs

DeletedUser122015

Let me get this straight...

You took my word, which was "I can't make the decision on this, talk to Noobs" and then formally took that as an agreement? To top it off, a tribe we're actively attacking and taking villages from is us working with them? Did you use TWstats at all?

I forwarded your mails to Noobs but let me make this clear: No agreement was ever made, or set in place at all. I have the mails to also back this up as well.

If you want to shoot off at people, shoot off at LITD for failing to understand English and bait you into have zero defence around. It's cut and clear that the whole time you were being baited and were taking their word for it...

MrRandomGuy

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
There has not been anything finalized with you. Just because talks start does not mean attacks will be ceased. No one has told any of our members to go after you. They are doing it on their own, and as long as they participate with the tribe on ops/take enemy villages they are free to noble whatever they wish.

From the mails you forwarded me you didn't specifically state "yes we will do/be this condition." Thus your indecisiveness was your own fault.

dirtypunk77

Still Going Strong
Reaction score
.I know there are "unwritten" rules but when it comes down to winning those rules are for losers. but why would you allow tribe mates to actively attack other tribes that are attacking your enemy? the enemy of my enemy is my friend?

but nonetheless, I have sympathy for Merc. Major and vital tribe mates under nuke attacks from THE top tribe all while fighting another major tribe with two fronts. Of course when talks were initiated Merc should have set the table with a minimal NAP to prevent this from happening. I would no doubt like to see these mails to see how it unfolded... looks like communication is still king when it comes down to it. Good luck to Merc I always love seeing the smaller guy with bigger b@lls ;)

Last edited:

DeletedUser122015

.I know there are "unwritten" rules but when it comes down to winning those rules are for losers. but why would you allow tribe mates to actively attack other tribes that are attacking your enemy? the enemy of my enemy is my friend?

but nonetheless, I have sympathy for Merc. Major and vital tribe mates under nuke attacks from THE top tribe all while fighting another major tribe with two fronts.
Three people at most attacked MERC, and to top it off, it wasn't a full commitment. Nothing was ever ASKED, just that "LITD is bad and needs to be dealt with". No terms or anything was offered at the time of contact, and to top it off no one had committed against MERC. To make matters even worse, the players attacking MERC total to the same points, it not, not that much more. Stating that we're fully committing to it is overstatement of the year.

As MRG stated, so long as players commit to OPs and work with each other, there's no reason to stop their self expansion. It's almost like people believe that the only thing players are allowed to attack at Red dots, regardless of map position.

DeletedUser121347

Three people at most attacked MERC, and to top it off, it wasn't a full commitment. Nothing was ever ASKED, just that "LITD is bad and needs to be dealt with". No terms or anything was offered at the time of contact, and to top it off no one had committed against MERC. To make matters even worse, the players attacking MERC total to the same points, it not, not that much more. Stating that we're fully committing to it is overstatement of the year.

As MRG stated, so long as players commit to OPs and work with each other, there's no reason to stop their self expansion. It's almost like people believe that the only thing players are allowed to attack at Red dots, regardless of map position.

Well said

dirtypunk77

Still Going Strong
Reaction score
Well my motivation to ask was based on the fact that FOUR members have plenty of targets and opportunity to expand. Focusing on " non targets" seems like Overkill at the least and intentional at worst. The only conclusion would be that MERC was already seen as a potential target and fair game which is clear from your response. Being tribal wars and world after world it surprises me that anyone would not see it coming .Leadership should have shifted it's diplomacy to attacking FOUR instead of LITD since FOUR is primed to win in a rune village world. Maybe that's in the works but as it always happens when someone in leadership quits the tribe sinks. Hopefully MERC is stronger then that. Then again we're at the endgame so....

dirtypunk77

Still Going Strong
Reaction score
Well my motivation to ask was based on the fact that FOUR members have plenty of targets and opportunity to expand. Focusing on " non targets" seems like Overkill at the least and intentional at worst. The only conclusion would be that MERC was already seen as a potential target and fair game which is clear from your response. Being tribal wars and world after world it surprises me that anyone would not see it coming .Leadership should have shifted it's diplomacy to attacking FOUR instead of LITD since FOUR is primed to win in a rune village world. Maybe that's in the works but as it always happens when someone in leadership quits the tribe sinks. Hopefully MERC is stronger then that. Then again we're at the endgame so....

From the looks of it, Merc, as all have before, failed... Sad indeed when all it took was pressure from ruthless skilled players. Tis tribal wars a story told again and again in a village far far away! You're our only hope MAD!