Hi Honey!! I'm home!! [Not]

DeletedUser

HI guys,

This world seems pretty advanced now, it's in decline with active players and tribes on a downward tack. I started this world as it seemed the settings allowed for the more skilled to shine early on, without the interferance of 'friends' getting in the way :lol:

What's the analysis from you active players, was the experiment over to early? a wasted effort? is this world now just a clone of all the other worlds in decline?

I can't say too much, I let my account go just after the Feb 13th deadline as it seemed to be going the in the total opposite direction to the previous 3 months, big tribes and bigger friends winning out. But I did enjoy my brief time here.

Over to you........

DeletedUser

the experiment was a waste of time if you ask me :L although i personally liked it my views in no way reflect most of the Tw community..

also its interesting how you are talking about the world seeming pretty advanced and in decline etc. when the "rim" is a place with many bigger tribes.. the deadlock certainly made for a unique world i guess :)

DeletedUser

The experiment was good to the extent that it allowed players to test themselves as individuals. For many not having the support of a tribe, or at least one not close enough to do any good, was a new experience and a steep learning curve.

If tribe lock had lasted longer it would of killed the world - although the worlds dying its going at a pretty constant pace.

Not getting enough people to vote for a smaller tribe limit was also a mistake, that cost many tribes dearly. Yes I was one of the people telling everyone to vote for a 100 member limit, and for a good reason :)

Are we a clone of the other worlds ? Not in too many respects. We will never see the edges of the maps reached. We don't have lots of little family tribes - fortunately. And we are unlikely to see the breaking up of the number one tribe into lots of little factions in order to see the world last that bit longer. <watches while the tribe breaks up just to prove me wrong>

The origins of the world were unique, if they ever ran something like this again I think they would need to add a few tweaks to ensure more people joined - and stayed.

DeletedUser

T'was good fun indeed, I was forced to grow up from my extreme newbishness on this world when I was placed in an area in between 3 rather good players.

I think the experiment worked but few and far between are those who have given it a chance.

DeletedUser

T'was good fun indeed, I was forced to grow up from my extreme newbishness on this world when I was placed in an area in between 3 rather good players.

I think the experiment worked but few and far between are those who have given it a chance.

you grew out of it? Who would have guessed.

DeletedUser

It did seem as though 70 - 80% of people who joined the world left a small to mid barb early on, was that down to the settings though, or more likely a combination of people not seeing and understanding the settings when starting and generally being crap players who need a tribe to survive as they did't have the skills/effort to do it on their own.

If tribe lock had lasted longer it would of killed the world - although the worlds dying its going at a pretty constant pace.

It would have killed it quicker I think, but all worlds die, look at 1 and 2 and 3 also, slowly dying as less and less people continue to play. Had the lock been a permanent fixture I'd have stayed :)

Not getting enough people to vote for a smaller tribe limit was also a mistake, that cost many tribes dearly. Yes I was one of the people telling everyone to vote for a 100 member limit, and for a good reason :)

Big factor for me was the tribe limit, 100 was too many IMO, it made for large cumbersome 'families', I say 'families' in respect of the idea that crap players were able to hide under a tribal name, which couldn't happen under the lock down.

Last edited by a moderator: