How do you actually have a good start up.

DeletedUser

A few questions on how to actually have good start up personally i've never been a good start up player so am here asking a few questions.As far as i can remember I've always heard people saying farming in small groups is probably the best option.Where as compared to farming in large groups is not as efficient mainly because you might run into a spiked village and even more important it is not as efficient as you could lose time sending large numbers to 1 or 2 vills while you could send more troops to many different villages and have a higher chance of hauls.

1.So the question arises how many troops do i start farming with ?

2.How high should i make my pits before actually starting to farm.I know it's got to do with your position and how much barbs/inactive you have near you but lets just say in a general case of maybe around 2-3 barbs around you and a couple of inactive.

3.How do you split/organise the resources you get from pits and hauls.In terms of when you want to recruit and upgrade buildings.For example i sometimes run into a dilemma i can recruit 10 spears max but then can't upgrade any of my buildings which one should i prioritize or should i say recruit 5 and maybe use the left over resources to upgrade something.
The resources i get from my pits what should i use it for and the resources i get from hauls what should i use them for.

4.How do i avoid my village being idle i.e at times i see myself neither recruiting nor upgrading buildings which am guessing is a waste of time and has a negative impact on my village and game economy.I hear a lot of people say my rax and hq are on constant i can't even get one of them on constant :lol: what do they mean by this lol and how do i reach the promise land.

5.When do i stop recruiting sp/sword and go for lc.

6.What the heck is a hq rush and what significance does it have.

7.Last but no least how do you know what pits to upgrade first and in what order.

I think those question are the most important questions during the very early stages of and an understanding of them would be better than follow random guides and don't know why you're doing certain things.If I've missed anything feel free to add and hopefully we can get a healthy discussion going.

DeletedUser112079

A few questions on how to actually have good start up personally i've never been a good start up player so am here asking a few questions.As far as i can remember I've always heard people saying farming in small groups is probably the best option.Where as compared to farming in large groups is not as efficient mainly because you might run into a spiked village and even more important it is not as efficient as you could lose time sending large numbers to 1 or 2 vills while you could send more troops to many different villages and have a higher chance of hauls.

1.So the question arises how many troops do i start farming with ?

1 LC - This won't die unless there is a wall there.

2.How high should i make my pits before actually starting to farm.I know it's got to do with your position and how much barbs/inactive you have near you but lets just say in a general case of maybe around 2-3 barbs around you and a couple of inactive.

You should start to farm basically immediately, you get 30/30/10 troops free from the quests, if you build an extra 10 spears you can farm in groups of 2 sp 2 sw and 1 sp 1 axe, and these won't die unless there is a wall.

3.How do you split/organise the resources you get from pits and hauls.In terms of when you want to recruit and upgrade buildings.For example i sometimes run into a dilemma i can recruit 10 spears max but then can't upgrade any of my buildings which one should i prioritize or should i say recruit 5 and maybe use the left over resources to upgrade something.
The resources i get from my pits what should i use it for and the resources i get from hauls what should i use them for.

This is all down to situation but I recommend focussing on troops early on, complete 9/8/6 mines quest then get smithy and the free troops, then recruit more spears/swords until you have about 70/60/10 or so, then go for stable, get lc, and you want to get that stable queue running 24/7 producing lc. Once you have lc producing constantly start increasing mines/hq both as high as possible. You also want to upgrade rax and stable at some point but that's just personal preference tbh.

4.How do i avoid my village being idle i.e at times i see myself neither recruiting nor upgrading buildings which am guessing is a waste of time and has a negative impact on my village and game economy.I hear a lot of people say my rax and hq are on constant i can't even get one of them on constant :lol: what do they mean by this lol and how do i reach the promise land.

Farm and upgrade pits, the more income you have the more you can spend.

5.When do i stop recruiting sp/sword and go for lc.

Answered above.

6.What the heck is a hq rush and what significance does it have.

HQ rush is upgrading your hq as high as possible as early as possible, once you have rax/stables/hq producing constantly you want to upgrade you hq as high as possible to get your stuff built faster.

7.Last but no least how do you know what pits to upgrade first and in what order.

Upgrade iron and wood first to support troop production but don't leave clay pit far behind.

I think those question are the most important questions during the very early stages of and an understanding of them would be better than follow random guides and don't know why you're doing certain things.If I've missed anything feel free to add and hopefully we can get a healthy discussion going.

Answered in bold

twenty-five

I don't have the words to describe the factual accuracies in the post above.

gargareth

Follow the quests whilst applying brain.

Or a really really simplified version: (Which still requires lots [indeed almost certainly too much for this post to actually have been worthwhile] of applying of brain)

Get 1/1/0 quest- get rax for 10sp/10sw (start to farm immediately)- go to 4/3/1 quest then get warehouse 3 quest-
Then build things in rax as much as you can (at some point [gonna have to apply brain] you might (more likely will unless amazing area)) have to cut the queue to get a smithy to build some sword or axe [important note that to unlock the 10 free sword for building 10 sword] quest you need iron 3 so you will want that around that time (you want to be sending out units in small groups so that they haul close to potential (thats basically 2sp/2sw or 1sp/1axe groups- more spear is fine if you think they will still haul full)

Keep making infantry with your resources and sending them out to farm whenever you have any home (in the smallest groups possible without losses) once you have your barracks queue going constantly start to raise some buildings (some amount of mines followed by raising buildings to stable requirements (hq10, barracks5, smithy5- and warehouse 6 to hold enough resources)

Then get stable queue constant (prioritize stable queue over rax queue here) then get rax queue constant again. Then once both are constant, start to make buildings. Mines to 15/15/15 first is a good idea, and then either mines or hq/rax/stable depending on what you afford (don't raise production buildings if you can't keep the result constant) then when you have a reasonable income from farming and your production buildings as high as you want them before nobling- raise smithy (and hq if that isnt 20) to 20 and get an academy- then noble something and build more stuff (troop queues should stay constant forever until you hit 24000/24000 population)

Summary:
Follow the quests whilst applying brain is a good idea.
But like- earliest quests-> farm constantly -> get constant rax queue-> add buildings until you have raised your mines a bit (how much requires thought) and have requirements for light cavalry -> research light cavalry -> get constant stable queue -> get constant rax queue again -> build buildings (raising production buildings [hq/rax/stable/workshop] as high as you can whilst keeping all production queues doing something constantly [otherwise build mines {or possibly smithy}] -> noble -> build units and buildings in new villages (whilst continuing to build up your first village somewhat) [Another important point is that lower mine levels are more res efficient to upgrade than higher ones- so if your main has like 20/20/20 and your second has like 14/14/14 it is better to send resources from main to second to raise seconds mines than raise mains mines]-> keep nobling forever.

An Bhoran

There's also a bit of luck involved.

If you land in an area with a lot of active players and few farms = :(

If you land in an area with few farms and the travel time to get to them is :(

If you've got an aggressive player next to you :(

If your tribe sucks and it's getting wench slapped by anthoer tribe in the area :(

So much :(

Think I need a lie down and a hug.

d4m0

^ but if you pick up on any of this stuff early you can just turtle and pitwhore, so there's that.