Just wondering...

• Thread starter DeletedUser3190
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser3190

Hey guy, I was playing Tribal Wars yesterday when suddenly my virus software detected a virus. The virus was no major threat but it did kind of of lag the speed of my internet connection. So I was wondering if there is anyone else in world 3 who experienced the same and what virus software, they have. I have McAfee.

DeletedUser

:icon_neutral: Tribalwars has nothing to do with your shoddy anti-virus.

DeletedUser3190

Whoa, clam down :icon_biggrin: . I am only asking,

DeletedUser3447

i had that too but i had 3 viruses at the same time

DeletedUser

Unlucky Orak... I don't think any of us experience viruses in world 3. I would recommend using AVG if you want to get one for Free or NOD 32 if your going to buy it. Right now I am using McAffe because i got it free with my Broadband but when the subscription runs out I will probably get AVG :icon_cool:

DeletedUser3190

Lol, thanks mate. It doesnt look that bad, I'm gonna keep that until I can buy a better one like Kaspersky :)

heil002

if you have a legitimate copy of windows xp, goto microsofts main site, and get their 'windows defender' program, it is very good in my opinion (no anti microsoft comments please'

here is the direct link Windows Defender

DeletedUser3190

My OS is Vista and Windows Defender came with it, it's alright I guess.

B.T.W Did you experience a virus aswell and if so what anti virus do you have? McAfee is causing a lot of problems :icon_sad:

DeletedUser3190

I have removed McAfee and installed AVG, which is really good and FREE. And later on when I have spare money I might by myself Norton, or if I am lucky Kaspersky :icon_biggrin:

DeletedUser

Never buy or install Norton. The first thing I did when I got y new laptp was to remove Norton as it crashed the computer several times in the first 30 minutes I had it.

I would recommend AntiVir as it seems to do the best job right now. I can say it is better than Kasperski, AVG, McAfee, Norton and NOD32.

Many people have trusted me about this and they can also say the same. And it is free ad really does the job great.

DeletedUser3190

WHOA, looks amazing compared to avg which is also free. Cheers, and unlike McAfee it doesnt lag my internet connect :icon_biggrin:

I recommend it to anyone, its really worth it

DeletedUser

I think it uses the least resources of the bunch. It has never failed me or anyone I know and that's a lot of people.

DeletedUser2541

The virus was no major threat but it did kind of of lag the speed of my internet connection

well depending on what type of virus it actually was would determine if it were a threat. As stated by one of the other members, it could have been coded by a 10 year old or it could have been coded by a 30 year virus writing vet determined on mass computer ownage with little early warning.

Some virus's will install a backdoor on your computers firewalls allowing the coder to get into your computer at which point they can do a number of things. They can monitor what you do on your computer, copy personal files to their computers, delete valuable personal or system files, or even turn your computer into a "zombie computer" in which your computer will basically be the hackers puppet of doom and tell it to autonomously send out copies of his virus to other machines via your email address or some have been known to wait until you log into a personal website such as mySpace(AKA crapSpace), FaceBook, etc and then theyll post bulletins that all your friends will see, open, and infect themselves at which point their computer will also become a zombie computer. Thats how viruses like the CodeRed virus a few years ago spread accross the entire planet in i think it was less than 3 days. One should be very very careful and cautious when their computer alerts them of such dangers. Thats also why proper detection/repairing program are a neccessity for computer nowadays.

Sorry if this was a bit long...

EDIT--
oh yeah, and McAfee is horrible, they do cause more trouble than theyre good for.

skyline

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
I don't think I have anything!!! CRAP!!! I only have Ad-Ware and Spybot. I have Symantec but I never downloaded that; must have came with computer! Hope my comp doesn't blow up!

Status
Not open for further replies.