Killing the forum

DeletedUser

One problem with this Badlapje, why would the IG admins read this thread? You ought to perhaps link them to it. But then again when your linking them you might as well ask.

Didn't say they would. But personally - if i were the one pushing for this idea - i'd like to gauge whether or not the world at large is in agreement with me about getting half priced nobles or not. I wouldn't contact the admins just because I want half-priced nobles. But because the majority of the active players/tribes in this world agree that it ought to be implemented. So for that purpose creating a thread isn't a bad idea: it gives the opportunity to see how the forum community reacts & it gives the opportunity to refer to something other then "i talked to people on skype and they agree" ... which is something everyone could claim when talking to the admins (doesn't even mean you'd be lying, they could agree on something else you asked them rather then about half-priced nobles).

Yes, i'm sure the admins'll make their own determination by their own reasoning. But if you're saying that it's pointless anyhow to go ask them then why suggest going to talk to them to begin with?

My point indeed. There is no thread where the entire world posts. So you can't make any decisions in these threads.

Who said we were? Or expected to?

When I ask people not to reply it gives me the oppurtunity to not reply to their reply when they do. I replied to yours since it was well written. You know me better than this Badlapje.

Many thanks :)
Just wanted to point out to you that it's a funny statement to make. You're the forum mod: you have the opportunity to reply or not reply at your leisure. Actually: everyone here has that opportunity. It's a certainty much as it's certainty that someone would have replied to your points if i did not ;)

Then those Handful will find a new spot in the world and the rest gets nobled out, whats the problem then? You just admitted that some might make it. So it is viable to leave the wolrd open however unlikely it is. People get tons of warnings before joining an older world. If they still continue they might be planning to succeed.

Yes some *might* make it. But it is my opinion that it'd be in the better interests of both innogames and the W30 community to not give those few the opportunity. Simply because by doing so you prolong the end of a world, you cause the vast majority of them to have a frustrating experience and/or to waste premium points on an account in a world where they'll never get a lot of bang for their buck. This is just my opinion of course, but if i were in charge of innogames, i'd want new players to enjoy the game in all it's complexity. What i wouldn't want is for them to join a world that's full of grumpy veterans who are likely to ignore them, talk them down, insult them, catapult the daylight out of them for giggles, noble them once they've finally reached a large enough size to noble (or finally finished their main city), raid them each day (or several times) for resources, ... .

I've said it before and i'll say it again: the main problem with this game is that it's going on to long. Most veteran players prefer a world in it's early stages before accounts get above 1-3 mil points. The 7.0 changes might change that border a bit upwards (as the scripts on the quickbar did), but it'll never get superhigh. The reason is simply because young worlds tend to be alive in every sense of the word. At the start of this world it wouldn't at all be an exception to see 5-10 new threads in here on a single day. This however is the endgame. If you have one or three active threads it's a lot. And an active thread now can't even begin to compare to the activity at the start of the world. The same is reflected ingame. I'm pretty sure most players here would join a new world once this one is done. So i don't see the need for premium payments as a valid concern to block the end of a world. Nor do i agree that those joining a new world after two years should be listened to as carefully as those who have been part of it for two years running.

PS: I do appreciate the reply a lot.
PPS: /me waves to Atraeus

Last edited by a moderator:

slates9

For Hollykins

1) no that would be a fail. Its too late for start ups in w30.
2) Ive recently quit a world (w23 my main) and w30 seems very interesting so i would like to join it. I want to be in on tw's little jackpot. W30 is at the most fun stage of tw where it can swing anyway :)

Apathetic h0llygh0st

Consumer of Beverages
Reaction score
Didn't say they would. But personally - if i were the one pushing for this idea - i'd like to gauge whether or not the world at large is in agreement with me about getting half priced nobles or not. I wouldn't contact the admins just because I want half-priced nobles. But because the majority of the active players/tribes in this world agree that it ought to be implemented. So for that purpose creating a thread isn't a bad idea: it gives the opportunity to see how the forum community reacts & it gives the opportunity to refer to something other then "i talked to people on skype and they agree" ... which is something everyone could claim when talking to the admins (doesn't even mean you'd be lying, they could agree on something else you asked them rather then about half-priced nobles).

That would be the only viable reason for making such a thread. But then again you could easily do this in your own tribe's forum. Or possibly even in shared forums between tribes.

Yes, i'm sure the admins'll make their own determination by their own reasoning. But if you're saying that it's pointless anyhow to go ask them then why suggest going to talk to them to begin with?

Since its obvious that whatever I say gets ignored I though you might listen to what they say about it.

Who said we were? Or expected to?

Nobody. But if you know this then why bother? I'm not saying you did it, but some people did insist on the change happening immediately...

Many thanks :)
Just wanted to point out to you that it's a funny statement to make. You're the forum mod: you have the opportunity to reply or not reply at your leisure. Actually: everyone here has that opportunity. It's a certainty much as it's certainty that someone would have replied to your points if i did not ;)

Actually as mod I'm pretty much obligated to answer to every question posed. At least thats how it is imo.

Yes some *might* make it. But it is my opinion that it'd be in the better interests of both innogames and the W30 community to not give those few the opportunity. Simply because by doing so you prolong the end of a world, you cause the vast majority of them to have a frustrating experience and/or to waste premium points on an account in a world where they'll never get a lot of bang for their buck. This is just my opinion of course, but if i were in charge of innogames, i'd want new players to enjoy the game in all it's complexity. What i wouldn't want is for them to join a world that's full of grumpy veterans who are likely to ignore them, talk them down, insult them, catapult the daylight out of them for giggles, noble them once they've finally reached a large enough size to noble (or finally finished their main city), raid them each day (or several times) for resources, ... .

New players who still join the world obviously haven't ready everything, or are just playing to see what happens. When I first started playing I also joined both W1 and W2 just to see if there is a difference. If its so hard for them to succeed it shouldn't hurt the bigger players to much, it only gives more villages which causes the game to stretch on for a longer period of time. Well sorry but W1 is also speed 1 and had been going on for years when W30 came out and without an end in sight. So you knew that by playing this world with the intent to win it you would be here for years to come. There wasn't such a thing as half priced nobles back then yet you joined anyway, now that it is implement you can't just ask for it... Your world would need to be at a stage where its viable, and I'm not sure that it is yet. Only the admins know.

I've said it before and i'll say it again: the main problem with this game is that it's going on to long. Most veteran players prefer a world in it's early stages before accounts get above 1-3 mil points. The 7.0 changes might change that border a bit upwards (as the scripts on the quickbar did), but it'll never get superhigh. The reason is simply because young worlds tend to be alive in every sense of the word. At the start of this world it wouldn't at all be an exception to see 5-10 new threads in here on a single day. This however is the endgame. If you have one or three active threads it's a lot. And an active thread now can't even begin to compare to the activity at the start of the world. The same is reflected ingame. I'm pretty sure most players here would join a new world once this one is done. So i don't see the need for premium payments as a valid concern to block the end of a world. Nor do i agree that those joining a new world after two years should be listened to as carefully as those who have been part of it for two years running.

You raise some good points, but they hardly belong in a W30 forum.
Its nothing I feel olbigated to answer so I will just ignore it.

Also, I read back in the old threads and there was actually an official reply already >_>

I am sorry to inform you all, but I got an official answer about this request.

So, plan A is:

a. We wait for the world to close
b. We blast/cat all small account players to oblivion :icon_razz:
c. We vote for half priced nobles
d. We get half priced nobles
e. We blast eachother
f. Some of us get to end this world around 2014-5

Plan B:

We join W54

Plan C:

Both of the above

Plan D:

Delete

Anyone coming up with a "plan", post accordingly.

I will wait till Xmas anyway... :xmas biggrin:

DeletedUser79042

Indeed there was an official answer. And sorry to say but I fully agree with holly's views on this issue.
Nevertheless why was the official answer edited in my original post? Nothing wrong with that answer from the ig mods... Crystal clear, I would say. If there is any rule (stupid imo) preventing this from being posted, ask me ig and I will fwd.

DeletedUser

That would be the only viable reason for making such a thread. But then again you could easily do this in your own tribe's forum. Or possibly even in shared forums between tribes.

Again: true that one could, but there is no rule against doing it here, whether or not the thread will yield a useful result is pretty much inconsequential. If that's what's on the players' mind, then just allow us - as (paying) players abiding by the rules of the forum - to vent.

Since its obvious that whatever I say gets ignored I though you might listen to what they say about it.

And here i was thinking i was replying point per point? Hardly ignoring. I've seen several people in this thread either agreeing or disagreeing with your stance. That's at least a handfull of players not ignoring you. I trust that you know the difference between disagreeing and ignoring?

Nobody. But if you know this then why bother? I'm not saying you did it, but some people did insist on the change happening immediately...

Yes they did, so? I'll refer to the reply i made on the first quote in this post.

Actually as mod I'm pretty much obligated to answer to every question posed. At least thats how it is imo.

I've been a forum mod: no you're not. It's nice if you do, but nobody can oblige you to answer a question in a post like this. And i can hardly see the elder mods twisting your arm on it. There's seperate forums where we can go to ask a question on the rules - either ingame or those of the forums. There's irc channels, skype, pm's, ... we can use to contact those in charge of the ingame or forum directly. I'm a big fan of any forum moderator who has the balls to communicate to the players on "his" world in forum threads, taking an active role. But no: it's not a requirement unless things have changed drastically.

New players who still join the world obviously haven't ready everything, or are just playing to see what happens. When I first started playing I also joined both W1 and W2 just to see if there is a difference. If its so hard for them to succeed it shouldn't hurt the bigger players to much, it only gives more villages which causes the game to stretch on for a longer period of time. Well sorry but W1 is also speed 1 and had been going on for years when W30 came out and without an end in sight. So you knew that by playing this world with the intent to win it you would be here for years to come. There wasn't such a thing as half priced nobles back then yet you joined anyway, now that it is implement you can't just ask for it... Your world would need to be at a stage where its viable, and I'm not sure that it is yet. Only the admins know.

You've already gotten my answer to this in the next paragraph you quoted. Yes i knew, and i also knew it was - and still is - highly unlikely that i'll stay till the end. Let alone actively. And most of those who joined here knew the same. The dropout rate is staggering once accounts start to increase in size. I've been on several worlds that were quietly dying. Yes some newbies might join an existing world to see what it's like. But that should not ever be used as an excuse to deny those that have a vested interest in the world - the players that joined early in the world and shaped it's politics/battle fields/... aka the active players that stuck it out - a decent answer to a legitimate question.

The answer that you are giving now - and from the looks of it also the ingame mods - is quite simply so simplistic that i can't help myself from laughing. 3000 players joined in a space of two months. Hardly any of them are past 18k by now. Most of them are growing so slow that they're hardly at 4k atm. No these players won't be active in this world. At best they'll produce a barb of decent enough size to noble. Most of them won't even do that. All parties involved - with an increasingly rare few exceptions - loose out in this process. But then again: just as players are entitled to make posts that you consider pointless i guess that mods are entitled to enforce policies that are costing them paying customers.

You raise some good points, but they hardly belong in a W30 forum.
Its nothing I feel olbigated to answer so I will just ignore it.

You hardly did, you just answered some of those points above this quote :icon_rolleyes: Why would they not belong in a w30 forum? If a discussion that takes place here takes us that far then i don't see why i couldn't raise them here. They'd likely produce better result or more agreement/disagreement if i made them elsewhere. But it again goes to why i made this post. It serves no purpose at all telling people that they can't post stuff like this in this forum. It's not against the rules to do so (only offtopic posts and specific questions concerning ingame/forum moderation can't be made here). If you find it useless to do so then just don't reply and leave me and the like-minded idiots to discuss our drivel.