Letter to xEmerald

mbrandon1962

You were a very good leader. You inspired allegiance and gave us a sense of belonging. I know there were a few in the tribe that were not helping the cause, but you should have dealt with them appropriately. I gave everything I could to this tribe sending support to the extent that my defensive villages were essentially empty. I went on death missions over 20 hours away to conquer villages even though it was very hard (Cooger) and I had very little help. I had lots of Offense (check my OD) that I was ready to unleash on TWC when ever they moved into striking range. I participated in every mission given to my squad...just ask them!
But then you betrayed us! This war was not over. You decided it was and you broke up the tribe just because you could not spend as much time....(which in itself is understandable). There were alternatives...others could have taken up the cause but because you were so selfish, you decided that the tribe must be disbanded. All along I thought we were a team working together, but now I know we were just working for you....pawns to be exploited! You just took your ball and went home! Yeah you signed over a few of our stronger players to TWC and have now pit brother against brother, and in the process you betrayed and sacraficed many other good and loyal players through no choice of their own. Do not say that you involved us in what you were doing because that is a lie! We were kept in the dark and given no say in this. Where is your integrity?
I just want you to know how I feel and I want everyone else outside KBC to know just what went down inside this once great tribe.
With all this said, I harbor no ill feelings toward you or TWC. This is afterall just a game and a war game at that. But I am very competitive and had I known I had given my allegiance over to someone who would just walk away from his tribe, I would have never signed on with you. Think hard on that one and hopefully you will learn something from this and not repeat it in the future.
Ex-KBC comrade,
MBRANDON1962

Last edited:

MR.MR

I have to say that this is the most solidly written post from an ex-KBC player that feels he has been slighted. Very polite, no insults, albeit poor punctuation. To that, I commend you, you have shown much more manners than some of your other ex-tribesmen.

I have no opinion on whether xEmerald did or didn't act correctly in that situation, as I haven't paid attention to much of the happenings, just wanted to commend you on keeping your calm.

mbrandon1962

Thanks

Thanks. I didn' realize my punctuation was being scrutinized. I guess I'm going to have to pull out my old grammer book...lol.:icon_confused:

DeletedUser

mbrandon this situation happened to me a few times in the early weeks of W30. 3 tribes I joined abruptly died of inactivity as soon as I joined them, it was REALLY frustrating.

I think its nice that your willing to "stand up for your cause against the injustice's" of this world, but think about it. It is just a game, and you cant seriously think xEmerald did this with malicious intent.

Everyone draws a line somewhere for whatever reason. I know where my line is, xEm found his too, the inactivity and everything else became to much. Some people can handle it gracefully and some cant. I think xEm did the best he could under the circumstances.

This situation really sucks for you, but dont take it personally. Like most people who play these games I'm sure they are great people outside of the game (yea even gicusan, fraser, and pajuno). I'd probably love to hang out with them. What happens in the game should stay here in my opinion.

I'm not to experienced with name ownership in Tribal Wars, but I know that in other games the character that created a guild/tribe or whatever has sole ownership of said name, and sometimes people will pass that name on down to those they trust. Sometimes they wont, and a new name has to be created. The leftovers of KBC could have very well gone on and created a new tribe, but they didnt, they hold as much responsibility for your state as xEm does.

sorry for the rant, just tired of seeing people take a game so personally.

DeletedUser

The leftovers of KBC could have very well gone on and created a new tribe, but they didnt, they hold as much responsibility for your state as xEm does.

I'd like to point out that due to em's surrender terms they were not aloud to recreate the tribe.

So to be fair em does in fact hold a greater responsibility in that area.

DeletedUser

xEm

I would like to thank the leadership of KBC for their excellent leadership. I wish we would have had a chance to keep the tribe together. there was no reason to surrender the tribe. xEm could have changed the name of the tribe and then quit leaving the tribe to the other leaders. I know this because my previous tribe leader did this due to RL issues and I was a Baron and took over the tribe until I could merge it into another tribe and keep everyone together. I was the last to leave that tribe for the new one and that insured everyone who wanted to move with us did and those that didn't had time to find a new tribe of their choosing. Just to disband the tribe and leave us all to the mercy of our enemies was at best poor judgement. As for us forming a new tribe without the use of tribal forums we had communucation problems and actually ended up forming a few new tribes along with those who had prearranged to go to the enemy. I will go on and eventually I will find a tribe. For now I am flying solo hoping for the best. Thanks to all the tribes who have offered me a home. And thanks to all the KBC members and the Allies who have help me in the past.:swordsman:

DeletedUser

I would like to thank the leadership of KBC for their excellent leadership. I wish we would have had a chance to keep the tribe together. there was no reason to surrender the tribe. xEm could have changed the name of the tribe and then quit leaving the tribe to the other leaders.

Sorry to be so cruel by pointing the obvious out to you Lazarus but it's becuase of the low activity of players like you that emerald had to disband the tribe. You left your account unattended for days while T-W-C tore chunks out of you un-hindered. Thats is exactly the kind of behaviour which forced Emmy into surrendering the tribe. The key active players who initially suffered from being in a tribe full of inactive players will now continue to prosper in tribes with like minded tribe mates. But you on the other hand, and many others who are now hiding in these little tribes harboring our war spoils will eventually have to pay the piper.

Don't blame emerald for KBC's failing blame yourselves for not supporting your tribe in the first place.

DeletedUser

Don't blame emerald for KBC's failing blame yourselves for not supporting your tribe in the first place.

No one blames him for it falling, stuff happens.

Some do however, blame him for the terms he agreed to and the way he communicated the disbandment.

That's what a lot of this thread is about. if you read mbrandon's post he also adds this

TYou decided it was and you broke up the tribe just because you could not spend as much time....(which in itself is understandable). There were alternatives...others could have taken up the cause but because you were so selfish, you decided that the tribe must be disbanded. All along I thought we were a team working together, but now I know we were just working for you....pawns to be exploited! You just took your ball and went home! Yeah you signed over a few of our stronger players to TWC and have now pit brother against brother, and in the process you betrayed and sacraficed many other good and loyal players through no choice of their own. Do not say that you involved us in what you were doing because that is a lie! We were kept in the dark and given no say in this. Where is your integrity?

imo that shows no sign of blame for his current state, only a question of why he had to end the tribe like that instead of looking for an option for ALL the active players instead of a chosen few. and from what i read of laz's post it had the same idea.

DeletedUser

Know the facts.

Sorry to be so cruel by pointing the obvious out to you Lazarus but it's becuase of the low activity of players like you that emerald had to disband the tribe. You left your account unattended for days while T-W-C tore chunks out of you un-hindered. Thats is exactly the kind of behaviour which forced Emmy into surrendering the tribe. The key active players who initially suffered from being in a tribe full of inactive players will now continue to prosper in tribes with like minded tribe mates. But you on the other hand, and many others who are now hiding in these little tribes harboring our war spoils will eventually have to pay the piper.

I never left my accoint unattended I had Aubree sitting my account for three days while i was on a backpacking trip. I was always active and still am. I did loose alot of villages in the inital attack because most of my support was out defending other members of the tribe when members of -O- near me joined T-W-C and began attacking me. Once I got my troops recalled and got support from my tribe the situation began to stabilize. It was then that the tribe was disband. Know the facts before you run your mouth. And I am not hiding in a tribe anywhere I am on my own and growing.