Mass Recruits Everywhere..

irockurworld

A tribe has to recruit and get more new blood into the tribe to make it stronger sometimes.

DeletedUser

I mass recruited (mailed all the active and growing players on the K) and it has turned out OK before. Tribe managed to get to number 1 after our first big war, (where 15 of the 60 or so members carried the tribe), about 12 of those had got to multiple villages in previous worlds and were competent.

A lot of the rest of the tribe even after sits, telling them how to farm in certain ways were always going to not be up to top standards and really I doubt a tribe of 60+ can have no weak links. Even quick growers might leave after a few k incomings as we've already seen on this world.

If you purely recruit players from the start of the world to get a tribe of 40 good players you need to be a great player, with an amazing reputation and very lucky. Best way for most mass recruit tribes to work is to war other tribes and keep taking their best players until you get a real good set then just to eat the wasters.

Edit: Was OP trollin?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Normally, I refuse to mass recruit and don't divulge in it at all. However, the leaders and council members of Insane decided that mass recruiting has been the way to go here.

We have many tribes in this world with many good players. Insane started by me and 1cefrost, mainly 1ce, getting into a position of control of what was most certainly a mass recruiting tribe. We don't have the luxury of starting off with that many good players, and were not so lucky as to have a clear path to gaining the same standard of players around the rim as the likes of Org. has, Rabid had [and now Ghost~], Agency undoubtably has, A*R has, etc. There are too many tribes on this world of whose standard we respect. Therefore we've needed to search hard to find players that fit the standard that we want to have started off with - sometimes having to take in a few more then we want, and have had plenty to cut as a result.

As much as players who're all fine and always join premades joining every world can turn their noses up at said tactics, we've actually brought in some players who have actively shown a big interest to learn from our better players and are proving now to be a core part of our tribe. Rim tribes that 'mass recruit' a little bit will find said players. Unfortunately, some of our nubs that we recruit don't learn and will have to get cut, meaning that tribes like us will have a high turnover rate. And I also understand that we have quite a few spies, which happens unfortunately.

I see that our name is getting associated with the 'mass recruit' tag, and sometimes we have taken in more players then we should. I don't know whether what we do can actually be labeled 'mass recruit,' but if it is, is it such a bad idea for more of a rim tribe like us to do it? And also, what gets overlooked of a 'mass recruited rim tribe' like us, is we have a core of some exceptional players to help to integrate some newer players who have the potential and the skype presence to become good players.

bogginso

mass-recruiting is great strategy for rim-tribes...
IF...
you have a strong core of exceptionally patient.. and good players, who are willing to deal with various random morons... and weed out the good from the bad within the group... if that is not the case then they fail big style.
just my opinion but meh thinks its all that simple...

DeletedUser

mass-recruiting is great strategy for rim-tribes...
IF...
you have a strong core of exceptionally patient.. and good players, who are willing to deal with various random morons... and weed out the good from the bad within the group... if that is not the case then they fail big style.
just my opinion but meh thinks its all that simple...

Pretty much. Easy concept, a little harder to execute, but possible!

DeletedUser

I see that our name is getting associated with the 'mass recruit' tag, and sometimes we have taken in more players then we should. I don't know whether what we do can actually be labeled 'mass recruit,' but if it is, is it such a bad idea for more of a rim tribe like us to do it? And also, what gets overlooked of a 'mass recruited rim tribe' like us, is we have a core of some exceptional players to help to integrate some newer players who have the potential and the skype presence to become good players.

Mass-recruiting isn't necessarily a bad thing. If it works for you, then it works for you. If it doesn't, then it ends up being a mistake.

The whole point of recruiting is to add to your member-base with flesh blood, and to strengthen your tribe. It can backfire, it can equally work out. Tribes who don't recruit to a degree will inevitably fall due to the fact that new blood is often a necessity for tribes.

If people want to judge you for having a high ratio of players going in and out of your tribe, that's just their perspective. Feel free to show those people that they are wrong, if you (as I suspect) believe that they are.

Besides, I wouldn't personally say there are any major tribes at the present time who have really mass-recruited at all. In the top 5 tribes for example:

Agency - 94 tribal changes
Panic! - 102 tribal changes
Insane - 231 tribal changes
Örg. - 253 tribal changes
A*R - 283 tribal changes

The rank 1 tribe has more tribe changes than your tribe. Does that mean they, or you, mass-recruited? Definitely not. Is having 200+ tribal changes at this stage a bad thing? Only the leaders of each tribe can be the judge of that. A*R likewise can be looked at as such. I think I am right in saying that Agency, A*R and Insane all have had 1 merge occur that has formed a large portion of their tribal changes (differing tribe sizes involved causing the differing number of tribal changes). These all appear to have paid off so far for each tribe, and a merge isn't the same as mass-recruiting in my book.

So, I would also disagree with the OP's suggestion that this world is full of Mass-Recruiting tribes, as I don't personally think a single top 5 tribe in this world can really be labelled as such - top 5 tribes being ones which are usually the focus of general attention at this stage of a world.

DeletedUser105439

Mass-recruiting isn't necessarily a bad thing. If it works for you, then it works for you. If it doesn't, then it ends up being a mistake.

The whole point of recruiting is to add to your member-base with flesh blood, and to strengthen your tribe. It can backfire, it can equally work out. Tribes who don't recruit to a degree will inevitably fall due to the fact that new blood is often a necessity for tribes.

If people want to judge you for having a high ratio of players going in and out of your tribe, that's just their perspective. Feel free to show those people that they are wrong, if you (as I suspect) believe that they are.

Besides, I wouldn't personally say there are any major tribes at the present time who have really mass-recruited at all. In the top 5 tribes for example:

Agency - 94 tribal changes
Panic! - 102 tribal changes
Insane - 231 tribal changes
Örg. - 253 tribal changes
A*R - 283 tribal changes

The rank 1 tribe has more tribe changes than your tribe. Does that mean they, or you, mass-recruited? Definitely not. Is having 200+ tribal changes at this stage a bad thing? Only the leaders of each tribe can be the judge of that. A*R likewise can be looked at as such. I think I am right in saying that Agency, A*R and Insane all have had 1 merge occur that has formed a large portion of their tribal changes (differing tribe sizes involved causing the differing number of tribal changes). These all appear to have paid off so far for each tribe, and a merge isn't the same as mass-recruiting in my book.

So, I would also disagree with the OP's suggestion that this world is full of Mass-Recruiting tribes, as I don't personally think a single top 5 tribe in this world can really be labelled as such - top 5 tribes being ones which are usually the focus of general attention at this stage of a world.

well said