Meaning of OP in TW

DeletedUser122768

Hello guys,

tried some googling and going through some posts but it's always reffered only as OP, like OP planning, get OP'd. It usually means overpowered but it wouldn't make sense to me in some situations.

So what exactly does it mean in the world of TW? Thank you in advance.

Deleted User - 10770065

Operation.

But OP can mean three things, just depends on the context.

Operation: We are going to do an op on this guy.

Overpowered: That guy is so op.

Original poster: The op of this thread is looking for help.

Upvote 0

IAmAbel

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
It can be strange since tribalwars own help page is referring to "orginal poster" when you search for "OP" here: https://help.tribalwars.net/wiki/Abbreviations#O Maybe the true meaning should be added. In short an OP stands for Operation.

An OP is an planned attack, usually with several players but you can say "personal OP" as well. Usually it is used as an "tribe OP" though.

So if you and your tribe all come together and attack another tribe on an planned time/date then you are doing an OP. Then it gets easier for you to understand the context.

OP planning then is, when someone in the tribe is planning ahead for the OP, they plan where to strike, when to strike and how to strike.

"getting OP´d" is when you as a player or a tribe is taking the hits from this planning.

Hopefully this fast and sloppy explanation will give you some clarity or I will explain more.

Edit, well the Dk guy beat me to it^^

Upvote 0

samuel4699

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
It can be strange since tribalwars own help page is referring to "orginal poster" when you search for "OP" here: https://help.tribalwars.net/wiki/Abbreviations#O Maybe the true meaning should be added. In short an OP stands for Operation.

An OP is an planned attack, usually with several players but you can say "personal OP" as well. Usually it is used as an "tribe OP" though.

So if you and your tribe all come together and attack another tribe on an planned time/date then you are doing an OP. Then it gets easier for you to understand the context.

OP planning then is, when someone in the tribe is planning ahead for the OP, they plan where to strike, when to strike and how to strike.

"getting OP´d" is when you as a player or a tribe is taking the hits from this planning.

Hopefully this fast and sloppy explanation will give you some clarity or I will explain more.

don't worry Abel, he isn't DK. he's just a lost irishman

Upvote 0

mellofax

Reaction score

We have added this definition to the help wiki. Thanks for pointing it out!

Upvote 0