Moment of Silence

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

Growing up with his music I feel the man should have some respect in his death. The contraversy around him will go on. As a artist THE KING OF POP the man was brilliant. As for the contraversy surrounding his personal life, I do not know the truth. He was never convictied of wrong doing. I do know he was both loved and hated in life and now it seems in death as well. Like him or not we should all have respect for his passing and the feelings of others on this matter. May the man RIP..

DeletedUser

Again, I should respect someone just because they are dead?

Did you respect Saddam when he was executed?

How about Hitler? Do you respect him as well, I mean, who cares what he did in his life. He was never convicted of any wrong doing, now was he? :icon_rolleyes:

DeletedUser

Again, I should respect someone just because they are dead?

Did you respect Saddam when he was executed?

How about Hitler? Do you respect him as well, I mean, who cares what he did in his life. He was never convicted of any wrong doing, now was he? :icon_rolleyes:

Michael Jackson was a artist that made music for all to enjoy. he was never convicted of any wrong doing. So I can not judge him otherwise but I guess you can. I only know his music and how I enjoyed growing up with it.Comparing him to mass murderers is wrong.

SmaXa

You know what amazes me? the immaturity and lack of compassion of some of the people here.

brendan murphy, i just lost all respect for you. whether or not he molested children, he was still a music icon and had a massive effect on many people's lives, even though i didn't like him, have some respect.

Bazz69

You know what amazes me? the immaturity and lack of compassion of some of the people here.

brendan murphy, i just lost all respect for you. whether or not he molested children, he was still a music icon and had a massive effect on many people's lives, even though i didn't like him, have some respect.

And as a father of small children i just lost all respect for you and have none for Rock Spiders end of :icon_rolleyes::icon_rolleyes::icon_rolleyes:

rpgman88

Someone died here and you insult them:icon_neutral: If you have nothing good to say just shut up.:icon_confused:

Exactly. To all the people who are flaming the idea of honoring a man's life whether or not he did these things to children (it still remains unknown) you seriously need to stop. What you are doing disgusts me.

Good idea Hell, although I do not agree with the idea of not fighting for a day or think it will do his memory any good/remembrance. Some people playing this game are too immature for such things, although I commend you for the attempt.

+1

Now I find this interesting because I was thinking about this today. Now why I do admit that Hitler did some of the most horrible attrocities ever to be seen by the eyes of man, I must say that I do respect Hitler from a scholarly POV and as the leader of Germany. He brought the German people out of severe poverty, chaos, and an all around shitty situation to a powerful immense republic. He brought honor and wealth to the German people at that time, although his distorted views lead to animosity and hatred to everyone and WWII. Please do not misunderstand me though, I am Jewish (which is besides the point) and do have a fairly large amount of hatred for Hitler and wish that he was captured and tried, rather than how he died, by suicide. Therefore, even I can respect him in some respect, but hate him in others. I believe that you can only really hate someone if you truely try to understand them and I think that being ignorant and simply saying, "I HATE HITLER," is not right until you have examined more parts of him than what is on the outside or what is only seen as the most obvious part of him: that he was a monster. Even when people do the worst there may still have been a better side to them at one point.

Last edited:

Bazz69

Your kidding in our country we find a nice hole in the ground for all these types cant belive coments like even if he was a child molester WTF :icon_rolleyes: Imature hey yeah Kids are thats why they need protection from the likes of him and Hitler you even exuse him god help you :icon_rolleyes:

SmaXa

Bazz69, we aren't talking about him apparently raping children (i don't know whether he did or not, no-one does, mere assumptions) we are talking about the fact that he was possible the greatest pop-star that ever lived and had a positive impact on many millions of people worldwide. If Barack Obama was accused of raping children, he still had a massive impact on America.

and as for Hitler, he actually believed what he was doing was right.

DeletedUser

Can't say I was a fan. I suspect he was taking some sort of medication that affected his heart rate enough to induce cardiac arrest.

DeletedUser

Michael Jackson was a artist that made music for all to enjoy. he was never convicted of any wrong doing. So I can not judge him otherwise but I guess you can. I only know his music and how I enjoyed growing up with it.Comparing him to mass murderers is wrong.
I can judge him because I am able to form my own opinions based off the facts as I know them. Everyone is able to do that. Great musician or not, abused child or not, that does not excuse him for his obviously inaapropriate behavior towards children.

Now, while it is true that he stood trial and was aquitted of all charges, you seem to forget that back in 93 or 94, he faced the same sort of allegations. He was never formally charged in that matter because the main witness against him was paid an undisclosed sum of money in a settlement and refused to cooperate with the police any further in the investigation. To me that means he was guilty but he was rich enough to buy his way out of trouble.

Now I find this interesting because I was thinking about this today. Now why I do admit that Hitler did some of the most horrible attrocities ever to be seen by the eyes of man, I must say that I do respect Hitler from a scholarly POV and as the leader of Germany. He brought the German people out of severe poverty, chaos, and an all around shitty situation to a powerful immense republic. He brought honor and wealth to the German people at that time, although his distorted views lead to animosity and hatred to everyone and WWII. Please do not misunderstand me though, I am Jewish (which is besides the point) and do have a fairly large amount of hatred for Hitler and wish that he was captured and tried, rather than how he died, by suicide. Therefore, even I can respect him in some respect, but hate him in others. I believe that you can only really hate someone if you truely try to understand them and I think that being ignorant and simply saying, "I HATE HITLER," is not right until you have examined more parts of him than what is on the outside or what is only seen as the most obvious part of him: that he was a monster. Even when people do the worst there may still have been a better side to them at one point.

No one ever tries to deny that what he did towards bringing Germany out of the ashes of ruin was nothing short of phenominal. However, the good he did still doesn't mitigate the evil he unleashed.

I believe the same thing for Jackson. I didn't respect him in life, and now that he is dead I'm not going to start respecting him for the simple fact that he died. To me, changing your belief like that is assinine.

Status
Not open for further replies.