Morals of account sitting

DeletedUser79108

a few days ago on W40 I set the next in command (i was duke) as a sitter and a few days later my offensive villages were attacking my other villages and my defensive troops were on the way to someone on the rim because he found out I was trying to join a tribe we were at war with. I asked the people from the tribe I was chatting with not to reply, set the next in command as account sitter and i think a few minutes later got a reply from the people from the tribe saying "kk"

Is there anything against trying to destroying my villages because of this?

DeletedUser

If I sit someone and see they have no troops, I give them 3 days...SCOUT THEM...if they haven't improved my train is off :D

DeletedUser52584

a few days ago on W40 I set the next in command (i was duke) as a sitter and a few days later my offensive villages were attacking my other villages and my defensive troops were on the way to someone on the rim because he found out I was trying to join a tribe we were at war with. I asked the people from the tribe I was chatting with not to reply, set the next in command as account sitter and i think a few minutes later got a reply from the people from the tribe saying "kk"

Those are the kind of mails you delete before letting someone sit your account. Mods dont give cookies to people who do stupid things.

DeletedUser

I am interested in a mod's opinion on this, seeing as it is a major part of the game. Anyone with half a braincell could abuse this. when is a mod going to comment on this thread?
To me the rule reads as it is illegal to sabotage someones account whilst sitting them. If once the sitting is ended the account is the same as before the sit and that village goes on to be nobled, then surely the account sitter cannot be held responsible. It is upto every player to make his/her own decisions on whether to be account sat and therefor how can the sitter be held reponsible.
Maybe if this was posted in the Ingame Moderation Discussion forum, you would see a reply from a mod. Otherwise, let them stay away from this forum. lol

There are actions that a sitter is responsible for, such as coordination violations, as well as when they purposely screw the account up. Anything else is fair game, and if it happens to you, it is your own fault for setting a bad sitter.

Yes, you could report the sitter for abusing your account. However, you are a colossal idiot for not deleting that mail, and frankly, you got what you deserved.

So, to you I say:
darwin-awards.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser79108

Yes, you could report the sitter for abusing your account. However, you are a colossal idiot for not deleting that mail, and frankly, you got what you deserved.

I cleared all the reports and mail and told everyone not to reply before the sitting so I'm not a "colossal idiot". Only problem was that someone replied "okey dokey" a few minutes after he accepted the sitting.

DeletedUser52584

And you have no one shady/trustworthy in your tribe. I mean I've almost always had one player I could trust more than the tribe. Even within the tribe it's never been about the tribe for me, I usually have one player close by who is reliable and I can trust. Normally they'd be the ones who would leave a tribe with me and they would be the only person I'd let account sit.

DeletedUser

it happened to me where the duke sent my troops to support a barb village and then told his friend my village was free to noble. I logged back on in time to see the noble train but missed the opportunity to call back my troops in time to prevent losing my village and believe me I tried

http://en42.tribalwars.net/public_report/7e9ea786029e306c0223932be238426c

but after all is said and done it's really my fault for setting him as a sitter and I don't consider it abuse just a smart way to get a free village.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser52584

it happened to me where the duke sent my troops to support a barb village and then told his friend my village was free to noble. I logged back on in time to see the noble train but missed the opportunity to call back my troops in time to prevent losing my village and believe me I tried

http://en42.tribalwars.net/public_report/7e9ea786029e306c0223932be238426c

but after all is said and done it's really my fault for setting him as a sitter and I don't consider it abuse just a smart way to get a free village.

Apparently according to the rest of the forum you had a reasonable expectation for them to not abuse and sabotage your account giving you grounds for appeal. Ask them to ban his account and start you on the rim with the 4k. I mean, I doubt you'll get it but asking doesn't hurt. And if they give it to you, you'll get a 4k head start. In fact I'm not even sure if they can give you your 4k back. Maybe they can give you your village back though, if those 2 are permabanned anyway what do you have to lose?

FYI, me being a jerk on someone's account usually only consists of writing a bi-curious story in their profile. And forgetting to take a screenshot... Damn it..

DeletedUser52584

If you get your village back and they get banned you'll still have it.

DeletedUser

If an account sit is requested, send out all your troops on a farming run and wait until they cant be recalled then set the sitter. They cant abuse your troops then can they as they are out of action for a period of time.
Retake control of the account before the troops return. An account sit should only take a few mins to check building levels, troop levels etc.