OOP Timer

DeletedUser

Do we have one?

If not can we have one soon?

I've got my time set to east coast usa so does anyone know exactly what time and date for sure we come oop?

DeletedUser

5 days after you started playing, so whenever you signed up check the time on your verification e-mail then figure it out from there but a timer would be MOST usefull!

DeletedUser

BadMonkeyKK said:
5 days after you started playing, so whenever you signed up check the time on your verification e-mail then figure it out from there but a timer would be MOST usefull!
the verification email means nothing unless you signed up AFTER the "Real" world 1 started.

you dont get a verification email for joining the world...or at lewast i didnt.

figure if you started when the server did then you started on May 30th, at 10 am EST.

so your protection will end Sunday June 4th at 10 am.

or that same hour you started.

so sunday at 10 am EST some people WILL be coming out of protection. they would probably be the ones closest to the center of the map like hoodoo, Minger, etc i think....

but i too would just like something stating the game time and days left of protection. :icon_sad:

just in case, so i can assign a village sitter while at church or something...

DeletedUser

by the time its done protection will be over so its probably not worth worrying about.

DeletedUser

thepordage said:
by the time its done protection will be over so its probably not worth worrying about.
but it would help later when you get decimated or anyone who messes up very early and wants to start over to know how long they have left on their protection.

DeletedUser

it's not that hard to calculate, since this forum has the same time if you did it right...
Just post a message here and tell me what time it is (at your place), then you can see it :icon_razz:
See? not that hard at all? :icon_wink:

DeletedUser

Sreal said:
it's not that hard to calculate, since this forum has the same time if you did it right...
Just post a message here and tell me what time it is (at your place), then you can see it :icon_razz:
See? not that hard at all? :icon_wink:
actually the forums were off by an hour for me, and i ALWAYS set my timezone in the forum so i can see when i posted something in real-time.

heck to simplify it all if it is a 5 day (120 hours) protection, then maybe something as simple as a village creation date in the village details will solve all the problems.

then you only need a "calendar" for the world that just keeps track of the total number of days running.

ie for me say "shadzars village created on day 1 @ 15:00"

for a new player that just this minute started playing it would say "village started on day 4 @ 16:16:00"

then you just look at the time and add 5 days and viola. the village is out of protection "day 9 @ 16:16:00"

DeletedUser

Could also make it as two mails / reports. One could be "you have 24 hours of proctection left" and the second would be "you're open game now".

It'd prob be a lot easier to impliment.

Shouldn't this be under "Ideas"?

DeletedUser27

Do the work yourself instead of making the devs program something in thats not needed.

Get someone you know to go throught the steps to attack you.

It will let your friend know if you are in noob prot or not, and exactly the time that it expires if you are.

If you aren't - tell your friend to not click the confirm attack button. :icon_eek: