Players Rides

DeletedUser

Ive seen people talk about a little of everything but Ive not seen a topic on what they drive, what their dream car is or any pics of either. Those that dont know me, my passion other than online gaming is anything to do with automobiles. I run a very small shop, 2 vehicles in it at the most. It keeps me busy pretty myuch 7 days a week. My main job is repairing wrecks and painting. However Ive slowly but surely slipped in a few minor restorations to the current project of my own, a full restoration on a 1981 Chevrolet truck. Just about 3 days ago I got the engine and transmission back from a freind of mine who built them for me. Im deleting the original 67000 mile inline six cylinder motor mated to a 3 speed manual transmission and opted for a 350 horse power 350 4 bolt main small block chevy motor connected to a slighly better than stock 400 turbo automatic transmission. Behind all that is a 12 bolt rear end sporting 308 Richmond gears. On top of the engine sets a offenhauser high rise 4 bbl intake, for the carb I chose an chrome edelbrock, probably around a 750. Hedman long tube headers and thrush glass packs provide the exhaust. Luckily the guy who built the engine is a good freind of mine and had some spare parts laying around that didnt cost me much. Now all I got to do is get off my lazy ass and get started on the frame and body. New floor pans and rocker panels are to be installed, every early 80s chevy truck always rust out there for some reason. Its a short bed, and other than the floors and rockers, no rust. Bucket seats are going in place of the factory bench, new dash, door panels and sliding rear window. Im not installing carpet or a rubber floor mat, I think Im just going to have a Rhino liner rolled in so all I have to do is rinse it out if I get the floor dirty. (Im a lazy basterd). I'll get some pics going once I get started disassembling her. Most likely take me all summer to "noble" this project.

DeletedUser

Not into the fancy imports as much, I like the good old american muscle cars. Although you have to give BMW credit, they do make some hellacious cars

DeletedUser44039

ive a friend that drives a mustang cobra, that car is sexy too :p

DeletedUser

The new 2010 Camaro and the new Dodge Challenger are sharp rides, wont go as far as calling them sexy but they are definately eye catchers

DeletedUser44039

too much power for me, if i buy one of those ill definitely die in a car crash:lol:
better to stay alive :p

xinryr

Cars? I'm one of those people that the mechanic rips off =/ I basically like shiny ones with good radios and air conditioners and that are warm in winter :)

MR.MR

I drive a 2002 Mini Cooper, British Racing Green with dual white racing stripes.

5 Speed Manual Transmission

Recently put new Focal 6x9's in the back with a new radio deck.

However, if I could, I would love a 70s Camaro or Chevelle SS or something similar, in a deep blue, or red with white racing stripes.

Will get a photo of my car up here shortly.

DeletedUser

Cars...its a love hate situation. Love them, but hate how much they cost. My first car was a 1977 chevy caprice classic v8, beautiful car no matter how hard I drove it. Had a 69 camero with a 454 until I got nailed for street racing, that took 2 years to pay the fine. Now with a family I drive what I call a "grocery getter", a 2005 Pontiac Montana. One day I'll get another muscle car, either a '87 Grand National or if I can ever afford one, a 68 GTO.

DeletedUser

I drive a 2002 Mini Cooper, British Racing Green with dual white racing stripes.

5 Speed Manual Transmission

Recently put new Focal 6x9's in the back with a new radio deck.

However, if I could, I would love a 70s Camaro or Chevelle SS or something similar, in a deep blue, or red with white racing stripes.

Will get a photo of my car up here shortly.

Freind of mine drives a 1969 Plymouth GTX with a 440 wedge, 6 pack. 6 speed manual transmission and I beleive he said it was built by Trimec. He's only pushin 650 HP... asa if ya looking for an old school ride let me know, theres always some descent finds in the south and some are rust free or very minor rust.

DeletedUser

I always been told to get a classic from the southern states, very little rust. One day, fingers crossed I'll have a '87 grand national. My only issue is I'm not looking forward to all the speeding tickets...lol.

MR.MR

I'll keep it in mind... sometime when I am in the area we can go car shopping.

DeletedUser

July is the Indy race here. I've worked pit row for the last 9 years and its the most fun I have all summer, mostly due to the fact I go out in the pace cars every year. The fastest I've ever gone is 185 mph in a Ford Focus with a Cosworth engine pushing 650 hp. Damn that was a sweet ride....:)