Failed Vote Post-Made Tribe Worlds

Do you like this idea?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

nicestash

Reaction score
Issue: The top recurring players set up premade tribes that are incredibly difficult for new/returning from retirement/less connected players to compete with. As a result, new/returning from retirement/less connected players have a difficult time breaking into relevance.

Idea: Post-Made Tribe Worlds
Before world sign-up

*Players are not allowed to specify a direction or tribe

World start
*Players are grouped with 40-60 players new them
*For the first week, players can vote on the tribe duke, the player with the most votes becomes duke
*Players cannot leave their tribe (for the first 60 days)
*Duke can only kick players that have been inactive for 2+ days
*To prevent situations where the majority of players have left a tribe, if 2 tribes combined will have less than 40 players, the dukes can approve a merger.

After 60 days
*The world opens up and players can leave to join other tribes / dukes can kick players.

In my opinion, this would help the community by developing more friendships between players. By balancing out the tribes, the world would also become more competitive. This would hopefully lead to a larger, more active player base.

One Last Shot...

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
I like the premise, but the issue is that toxic personalities can't be escaped or avoided in the current setup. 60 days of putting up with an unpleasant ego or arrogant nincompoop would put some people off playing this type of world.

That's the only reason I've voted no, but as I said I like the premise.

rickyson1

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
I like the premise, but the issue is that toxic personalities can't be escaped or avoided in the current setup. 60 days of putting up with an unpleasant ego or arrogant nincompoop would put some people off playing this type of world.

That's the only reason I've voted no, but as I said I like the premise.

a couple possible ideas to get around that:

being able to leave before 60 days but being forced to remain tribeless until the 60 days mark if so
some mechanism for players within the tribe splitting off into a new tribe if some minimum amount(10?) want to

Eakshow McGee

Still Going Strong
Reaction score
I think a large part of the reason some still play this game is for the people they've gotten to learn etc, and without them they be gone...

Sadly i am one of those so its a no from me.

Also as stated earlier, this could just completly backfire with a tons of spies in every tribe and toxic tribemates etc ruining the whole gameplay experience...

rasher3

Reaction score
There was a world in the early '20's where you were allocated to a tribe on joining, a lot of the settings suggested in the first post, but you couldn't kick or leave a tribe

Deleted User - 848983838

might as well, it pushes away all the peoplethat don't want to play without their groups and gives newer players a better chance as becoming invested in the game. populations on this worlds are usually pretty shit though from experience on other servers. unfortunately you'd also have people that would join with their premade and just backstab and join their premade after the 60 days was up. might as well do it, but it won't solve the issues with the game that impact the dwindling player base.

Deleted User - 848983838

personally i wouldn't join because i don't want to have to try and play with 75% of a tribe that has no idea what they are doing and maybe 1% learn anything and play longer than a week or even have 50% of the tribe make it to 60 days lol.

YeOlde Raven

Reaction score
I would just noble barbs for 2 months and then join my premade

Yes it wouldn't stop premades, players would simply do as mentioned, the premise of the suggestion is a good one, but when executed it would simply backfire.
It would just give an established premade 60 days to build undercover.

I have voted yes as I think with adaptions it could work.

nicestash

Reaction score
Looking at the results and the comments it appears most players support this idea, but there are 3 main issues commentors have highlighted.

1. Toxic players (ie. you can't get rid of someone you do not like / you cannot leave a tribe you do not like) - mute players you don't like. I do not see a high probability people will not like anyone in their tribe - if that is the case, chances are you are the issue.

2. Premades (ie players join with plans to start a tribe with their friends at the 2 month mark leading to lots of spies). 2 months is a long time, wars will have started and it will be difficult to keep these premades quiet for so long / the mates may have been rimmed. Secondly, you cannot choose your starting location. Imagine a premade trying to backstabbing 20 different tribes and their members are scattered across the world. They would likely get wrecked, and it would be pretty fun either way.

3. Lack of desire to play a world like this (mainly bc you like playing with your friends) - no world settings are for everyone. The goal of this is for players who want to make new friends. The tribes that would do best are the ones who can manage/maximize their resources (player base + experience) most effectively. Post guides / train the new players in. 2 months is a long time and players can learn a lot in that time.