Post-Restart Goodbye / (Slower world? )

antpi1e

This thread is two topics in one...my good-bye message, and I wanted to also bring up the topic of a SUPER slow world to see if maybe other people are interested in a world for "semi-busy" people :lol:

Why?

For somebody with a busy schedule ,being successful at TW is very stressful (Without a decent internet phone) ...

So sadly because of that I had to quit...(but you will catch me in speed worlds from time to time,such as tonight :D ) ....And it is to bad too,I was probably one of the first people with good players by me to clear my 7x7 ,and maybe still have the #1 ODA :(

And to continue the main topic,they need to make a speed 3 world with 4+ troop speed for people like me who never reach their true potential because of the unrelenting RL :icon_eek:
I can deal with the build times(kind of),but the need to farm 24/7 takes a lot more effort.

As far as I know, World 33 is one of the slower worlds to be released... (I have only been playing since w14 so I could be wrong),but it could be pretty cool if they released a much slower world with good settings. Also players that are really busy with one world would be able to join a world like this and play "seriously" because of the smaller time needed.(It could be considered a "side" world. )

I am kinda buzzed right now:icon_twisted: but if they have already tried this,I apologize... :icon_twisted:

Last edited:

mattcurr

Actually you would be better off with a world with speed 1, but .75 unit speed. Farming becomes less effective in those worlds.

DeletedUser

BYe you were brave to challenge evolve but now your reputation is tainted because you qiot... :(

DeletedUser

The village growth is slow, but with x2 speed in units, i <33 farming!

jakeeboy

W16!!!
Yes very slow world. Only problem is no one can be bothered to make there vills big before they quit. Meaning lots of 300 point barbs.

DeletedUser

W16!!!
Yes very slow world. Only problem is no one can be bothered to make there vills big before they quit. Meaning lots of 300 point barbs.

Err...who said anything about world 16? :icon_confused:

Bye, wish you luck...who ever you are :icon_wink:

DeletedUser

i'll tell you a secret: with build speed 3 and troop speed even faster than that you can send out your troops 4 times more often than in this world. thus farming would be 4 times more stress than in this world.

I'm offline every day for at least 8 hours (sleeping/breakfast) and even without a internet phone I keep up with going online every now and then. sure, the only offense approach isn't possible that way, but most players in TW have the same problem. Either get a coplayer or trustworthy sitter or just change your playing style. The low speed will make this game a lot easier once you have a few villages with lvl 30 resources, and farming becomes difficult anyway.

curiousgeorge

There was a suggestion before they opened these worlds of changing the base defence of villages. So instead of a base of 70 increasing 50 per wall level starting with all villages having a base defence of 1000. Making all villages start of effectively with a non damageable lvl 19-20 wall.

Personally for me it seems silly, no farming initially for quite some time, but it would mean less time and once you started farming you would have to keep farming parties big, so couldn't send out as many. Perhaps this is something you can try and pursuade TW to do in another world...it would definitely limit how long you have to be online!

DeletedUser

the base defense is 20, not 70. It is 70 with a level 1 wall, thus 1020 with a level 20 wall. The good farmers would find ways around it pretty soon, effectivly making no difference and the new players would spam the forums why all their attacks die. useless suggestion from my point of view.

DeletedUser

yes, as soon as rams come into play good players would knock all the walls around them down and dominate even more easily.

curiousgeorge

they don't have a wall, that's the point. the base defense would just be the equivalent of a lvl 19/20 wall. It would mean you have to send much bigger farming parties to have a chance of gaining more than you lose from deaths. Bigger parties = less of them.

Anyway I don't intend to play a world like that, but just sounds like their might be a market for a world like.

DeletedUser

for right now, i think using swords with spears to farm is nice,noting down that you lose very minimum troops,though spears are nice farmers

DeletedUser

because swords don't need research cost and no waiting/paying for the smithy level 2
because you have a lot of excess iron, but no excess wood to pay for axes.

DeletedUser

because swords don't need research cost and no waiting/paying for the smithy level 2
because you have a lot of excess iron, but no excess wood to pay for axes.

:icon_cry: ok I get the point.... but swords are slower....

DeletedUser

If you have a fixed amount of farms you are attacking and they are half empty anyway does it make a difference whether you attack them ever 2 hours or every 2 hours 26 minutes?

Sure if you have the resources to get axes early on it's better than swords, but swords are a cheap solution to get splitted troops early on.

mike62

Half a dozen farms split 50sp and 10 sw great for farming till LC available then spread your net further afield use the sp/sw for close up and LC for all outside your 7x7 works wonders