Question: Is sniping a long term viable option?

DeletedUser

Sniping is definitely viable long term.

Take my current situation for example, any long range train from NAM I can snipe in plenty of time and they have to wait for the nuke to return. By the time they can follow up the loyalty is 100 again (and even if not, i can snipe 3 more times without needing to recap).

Any short range train sent by NAM I can snipe just as easily and by the time they have rebuilt the nobles to try again the loyalty is again 100 (The Fly. has to rebuild 12 over two villages after this morning :lol:). We have enough D to kill short range nukes if we have to and enough O & D amongst the tribe to stack or recap against short range trains if sniping fails, as sniping has been conserving our D.

twenty-five

Sniping is definitely viable long term.

Take my current situation for example, any long range train from NAM I can snipe in plenty of time and they have to wait for the nuke to return. By the time they can follow up the loyalty is 100 again (and even if not, i can snipe 3 more times without needing to recap).

Any short range train sent by NAM I can snipe just as easily and by the time they have rebuilt the nobles to try again the loyalty is again 100 (The Fly. has to rebuild 12 over two villages after this morning :lol:). We have enough D to kill short range nukes if we have to and enough O & D amongst the tribe to stack or recap against short range trains if sniping fails, as sniping has been conserving our D.

I bolded two things that contradict your very first sentence. If sniping were sustainable long term, you would not need to stack and you would not need to recap. Also there are bunch of assumptions in your post about your attackers, ones that aren't actually true namely that they have to rebuild the nobles to send more nobles and also that they must wait for that nuke to return home (who has multiple nukes in this day and age?!).

Sniping is useful, but in a lot of cases eventually you will lose villages. Whether because the attacker wisens up, or because the loyalty is lowered, wall is gone and they can now pick at you more easily. Well assuming competency... and that does seem to be a lot to ask in this day and age. Sniping being sustainable long term implies you can just snipe and go on your merry way through the world. It might even work in some cases, but certainly not all. :icon_confused:

DeletedUser

Sniping is viable because it saves you the D you might need in an emergency. That was the basis of my post. Though I agree, a lot hinges on the competency of your attackers. If we had been hit with antisnipes and a lot more nukes we'd have lost more villages.

twenty-five

We are talking about this in different contexts then. Sniping being sustainable long term to me means that it is all you need to do to survive, and that doesn't work very often vs opponents who have a clue and want to rim you. It certainly does have it's uses, I won't deny that.

Last edited:

DeletedUser

Define "long term"....

I think everyone can agree that the preferred way of dealing with incoming nukes and nobles would be to stack and kill; after all, rebuilding just a few nobles is fairly easy. Rebuilding an entire nuke takes several days. It's better to kill all the troops then just a handful of axes and a few nobles.

Of course, stacking isn't always a possibility. Aside from a small percentage of players, it seems most people go much more O heavy than D, and fail to have sufficient defense available for either their tribe or themselves as needed. And, due to that shortage of defense, sniping remains their only option for saving their village. But, it really is a short-term save. An attacker can continue to send and resend as fast as nobles are rebuilt, because they still have the same amount of offensive troops as they had pre-snipe; whereas the defender is still short on defense, and will continue to be short as they stay under attack.

Sniping is of course a useful skill to have, and yes, it may save you a village long enough to get it stacked, but it really is a short-term solution to a long-term problem.