Quitting Posting

DeletedUser

Im going to stop posting on the forums for quite a while, at least a month or two and possibly forever, so I can focus a bit more ingame and real life. I like posting here, but I realise it has made a lot of people dislike me and that it is detrimental to my ingame growth as I spend a lot of time here. If I have offended you, then I sincerely apologise for it. Im currently shifting my focus to in the world rather than outside of it and therefore will no longer read the publics or appear here as a forum personality (so to speak). This is just to inform if people wonder where I have gone, I havent actually disappeared from the world.

Sincerely

Dylan

DeletedUser

emoticon-0123-party.gif

DeletedUser74275

"Once you figure out what a joke everything is, being the Comedian's the only thing that makes sense".

come back as this comedian fella

DeletedUser

Now only to get 2Hot to stop and xshahz to focus on W59 forum.....

On topic of your posting, I guess you have finally realized that you can't be a complete a** to people and for people to still like you. Comments need to be objective... Let's see if this makes you do any better.

oheinen66

Always liked you as a poster. Sad to see ya go. Quickpick, dont think he has ever wanted someone like yourself to like him. That would involve being a hypocrite and sucking up to MoM/W2V. Hes one of the few outspoken players who doesnt do that, and I respect him for it. May have got him disliked, but I think he would be a liked poster by public if he sucked up to MoM a bit more. Nothing wrong with his posting at all.

Last edited:

DeletedUser

Always liked you as a poster. Sad to see ya go. Quickpick, dont think he has ever wanted someone like yourself to like him. That would involve being a hypocrite and sucking up to MoM/W2V. Hes one of the few outspoken players who doesnt do that, and I respect him for it. May have got him disliked, but I think he would be a liked poster by public if he sucked up to MoM a bit more. Nothing wrong with his posting at all.

It is not his outspoken attitude and way of posting that got his disliked. I always look at and post as objective as I can and I remove myself to from the tribe I am in when posting as it is my opinion and not the tribes. The problem with many posters is that they try to represent the tribe they are in.

The issue about Nemesis was the fact that he was doing one thing on the external posting and completely opposite IG. Just cos you don't have all the facts don't make me wrong.

I may have respected him at some point for standing up, however his ingame persona was so opposite to the externals and it just made him look pathetic. It's a game and we all play it to have fun, however some people are willing to step over anyone just to play it a bit longer. I would say this is exactly why he is trying to get away from the externals so people who do not know him by now never find out.

Externals only take up as much time as you want to dedicate to them so the excuse given and the announcement has more holes than the swiss cheese.

DeletedUser

I said I wasnt going to post here. I lied. I was slightly too curious so when someone told me I was being flamed on my leaving thread, I sneaked a peak and here I am typing a response. I suppose I am the sort of person who does not take insults on their person lightly.

I have never said that I am an objective poster. I know that I am not without a bias and I make that perfectly clear when I make my posts. However, I do not post from as unbiased a viewpoint as possible because I believe that my personal opinion is an important part of my forum identity and therefore I do not compromise that in order to post without bias. Likewise, I believe that the opinion of the current tribe that I am in is an important aspect that I have to consider when I am posting. This is the reason that I dont slight my own tribe, even when I might think otherwise. This is not a contradiction of the first point because I believe that tribe > self and when I am talking to other players, I am representing my tribe more than I am myself in 90% of cases. As for my own personal bias, my posts are a bit anti-MoM, but anyone who reads the forums should know that so I dont deem it an issue. When I do want to post objective, unbiased posts (mainly analysis), I do so and have done so under alias or anonymously. Im not really interested in taking credit for the stuff I write up seriously, I write it up generally for my own intellectual interest as well as a benefit to the general community or my tribe, generally the latter. Also, I dont want these posts tainted by people's views on the nemesis123.

As for my ingame antics contradicting my external antics, you have to realise that I am not the only player on saurabh001, nor am I the owner of the account. My personal views do not dictate the direction that the account goes in, me and my coplayers talk about it rationally and make a decision and I am more than willing to compromise as my views on most things aren't incredibly strong or solid and I am willing to change on them. My ingame antics rarely contradict what I say in the forums as one is generally unrelated to the other. They sometimes do though and thats tough. I am willing to go back on something I said within a public sphere if it benefits the saurabh account ingame and if my coplayers disagree with me on the issue. I am also only human and I change my mind; my views aren't completely solid and stable. However, one of the things that I do not advocate and will probably never advocate is the stepping on people to further my personal goals. I have never done that and saurabh001 is unlikely to do it whilst I am still on the account. I dont play tribal wars to get the number 1 ranking or to get 10 million points or be in the top tribe, I have done that all before. I am here for a laugh. People who know me well know that I spend most of my time bantering on skype or in the forums or even winding people up on the publics. I play for the social rather than the competitive aspect of the game. Whilst tribalwars is an interesting game in its own right, the players are what makes tribalwars a great online game. I would get bored and quit within weeks if I was playing against NPCs. Ive never played a game where I have tried to get people to like me or have sucked up to players or backstab friends to get myself further in the game. I just dont work like that. My attitude towards MoM is a great example of this. MoM surrounds me and has done for quite a time, but it doesnt stop me winding up their players or pissing them off ingame.

The externals takes a lot of time - I write about 5 external posts a day, give or take a few and then I read the whole forums as well, including the general updates and a few other worlds. I spend over an hour here, that hour isnt spent ingame where I need it because my activity has dropped. This is the main reason I am stopping going on them. My ingame has also got a lot more busy which is a big factor in this. When I dont like someone though quickpick, I tell it them to their face so they remember that I dont like them. My area is full of players who dont like me, but I am not afraid of them and wont start liking them until they have given me a reason to do so. I couldnt care less if I got rimmed tomorrow, its just a game. Ultimately, Im out here for fun, people may not like me but frankly I couldnt give two shits. There are a few who I get on with quite well and thats enough for me I suppose.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I repeatedly stood up to MoM before as well on the externals, as well as Code.... Haul.....Toasty.....EPIC...ln fact a lot of people.

The problem with Nemesis and posters such as yourself Ohein, is that you guys see everything as black OR white. Like people view Nemesis as some great rebel because he says something which appeals to the crowd defeated by MoM or who are sour/jealous of MoM. (Note, I am not saying he is either of those, or that he wrote to specifically cater to that crowd. It just so happens to), and then they champion him and follow everything he says.

Basically, there's a truth of the world that everyone should face: Good people (posters) can do bad things and bad people (posters) can do good things.
I can write some utter trite sometimes and some really truthful posts. Same goes for people like Nem, Quick... Heck, anyone. People who view the forums in terms of purely "Good" and "Bad" posters based and steeped in maxims are only fooling themselves.

Yes, I respect Nem for standing up and sometimes he's been in the right, sometimes he's been in the wrong. If he or his fanboys can't accept it, then all the worse for them. Instead of basing the content of the post on the context of the user, people should look at the context and the content of the post itself, irrespective of who posts it. Xsha actually made a very good point about this ages and ages ago.
Just because Nem didn't suck up to MoM/W2V and was openly outspoken about them doesn't make him auto-right; which you suggest when you say that there is "Nothing" wrong with his posting. There was/is.

Actually, there is not a single poster I can think of, ever, who hasn't had some sort of issue with their posting.
Want to know why? Because while people can be popular/unpopular; no-one will ever be truly objective. We all contain some element of bias and experience in our posts; which are issues that will plague every poster. No-one is exempt or special to that rule.

Edit - Just read Nem's post above. That makes me think of him more highly. It's nice to know that he understands the thoughts and failings of posting; and that he embraces the bias instead of pretending like he doesn't have it. Good on you Nem, I tip my hat off to you, even if we don't always agree!

Rand_Althor

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
I don't see he need to leave the forum/ not post seems pretty silly to me. Perhaps a change in the way you post would get people liking you more in game. I changed my way of posting near the start of the world. I used to be all searious and be like, 'you said 110912 when its actually 110913' or go into a huge speach about how the word 'if' made the biggest difference to a players opinion or whatever.

I took a step back and thought is this really how I want to be remembered on the forum as some nit-picker who must always be right. I changed the way I posted, that is not to say I wouldn't argue my point, but I done it in such a way I enjoyed posting again, but still annoyed my enemies. Remember the Monty Python quotes anyone? :D I then started to talk to the people I had the most heated arguments with. doggyman, 2HOT etc and got to know them a bit. Before I left I was basically staying only for PnP because I enjoyed it so much but in game for me was boring.

However my opinion of you nemesis changes after the Old 24 hour warning fiasco and it still has not recovered from that and I did feel it was getting to the point where if MoM said black you would say white.

DeletedUser

I don't see he need to leave the forum/ not post seems pretty silly to me. Perhaps a change in the way you post would get people liking you more in game. I changed my way of posting near the start of the world. I used to be all searious and be like, 'you said 110912 when its actually 110913' or go into a huge speach about how the word 'if' made the biggest difference to a players opinion or whatever.

I took a step back and thought is this really how I want to be remembered on the forum as some nit-picker who must always be right. I changed the way I posted, that is not to say I wouldn't argue my point, but I done it in such a way I enjoyed posting again, but still annoyed my enemies. Remember the Monty Python quotes anyone? :D I then started to talk to the people I had the most heated arguments with. doggyman, 2HOT etc and got to know them a bit. Before I left I was basically staying only for PnP because I enjoyed it so much but in game for me was boring.

However my opinion of you nemesis changes after the Old 24 hour warning fiasco and it still has not recovered from that and I did feel it was getting to the point where if MoM said black you would say white.

24 hours or no 24 hours, I was doing my job for my tribe.