Simulator broken or what?

Aamir Cheetah

I was just doing some simulation and i got some strange results

I was experimenting on the amount of troops required to defeat militia.

The problem i found out was every time i used lc with the same amount of axes, there tend to be lesser militia losses compared to when i used only axes. Everything else was constant.

Lets say i used 80 axes(lvl 1) on 160 militia with lvl7 wall. There would be 142 militia casualties.

When i used 80 axes(same lvl) with 10lc(lvl 1). There would be only 131 militia casualties.

I tried the sim various times with other wall lvls, flags, different amount of troops, but everytime i added lc, less militia would die :L

DeletedUser110464

Troops are killed on ratios. For startup farming you get to learn it well. If you use 1 spear and 1 axe you take 0 losses but with 2 spears and 1 axe you lose a spear. There's certain formula for it but I'm not sure what it is exactly.

DeletedUser

Miltia basically act as spears.

spears are weak against axes and LC are weak against Spears therefore you will have less losses just using axes rather than including LC.

Aamir Cheetah

Miltia basically act as spears.

spears are weak against axes and LC are weak against Spears therefore you will have less losses just using axes rather than including LC.

I am not talking about losing axes or lc, im talking about how many miltia die, i know they are stronger against lc, but what im talking about here is, how come sending more troops cause less caualties than sending less?

DeletedUser

I agree that it is counter-intuitive. No matter what if you send the same amount of axes and then add lc, there should be more casualties...

DeletedUser110464

Okay I just want to throw out another specific example to prove the whole ratios thing. Say you're doing startup micro farming. So you send 2 spears, 1 sword at a barb. At least 1 spear dies. 2 spears and 2 swords, so 1:1 ratio: nothing ever dies unless there is a wall. Send 3 spears, 2 swords: 1 spear will die with bad luck, but it happens. That is with a 3:2 ratio. The point is that with the low attack power of the spears they need to be paired up with a sword to survive. Any ratio HIGHER than 1:1 and a spear will die, even if the OVERALL attack power is slightly higher. So basically the lc are being paired up with the axes for help since they are weak vs militia. I'm not sure exactly what you would need to get the best attack power at this stage vs militia, but you would obviously either need more axes to pair up with the lc, or just send axes. Yes it does seem a little screwed up but no it is not a glitch of any kind.

Aamir Cheetah

yea, i guess it makes sense, although it would still have been better, if that hadnt been the case
so i guess on a pure sp or pure sw defense its best to send a pure lc or pure ax attack

DeletedUser

I am not talking about losing axes or lc, im talking about how many miltia die, i know they are stronger against lc, but what im talking about here is, how come sending more troops cause less caualties than sending less?

think of oldern times of war when axes and bows were the weapon of choice. the bigger your army was the better it was.
therefore the more you send the less you loose because you are out numbering the enemys troops.

it's almost along the same line as a drunk guy picking a fight with 2 people at the same time he is more likely to be hurt and worse of than as if he was just fighting the 1 guy.

Aamir Cheetah

think of oldern times of war when axes and bows were the weapon of choice. the bigger your army was the better it was.
therefore the more you send the less you loose because you are out numbering the enemys troops.

it's almost along the same line as a drunk guy picking a fight with 2 people at the same time he is more likely to be hurt and worse of than as if he was just fighting the 1 guy.
You got it all wrong, im not talking about the losses the attacker gets.

I am talking about how come if a attacker sends more troops, less troops of the defender die.

80ax kill 142 militia whereas 80ax plus 10lc kill only 131 militia, its 11 less militia dying due to addition of 10lc

DeletedUser

I found this weird aswell. But looks like you guys got it sorted.