Starting Strategy

robj

So what starting strategy will you be using?

Here's a rough outline of a decent starting strategy for beginners/intermediate players. It assumes you will have a decent amount of time to farm & a bunch of grey villages nearby.

• Build all mines to level 1
  • Build statue & train paladin. This will take awhile … keep building while he is training and when he finishes training, start attacking the abandons with him to farm resources
  • Build wood to 4, clay to 3 alternating between the two
  • Build hq to 3
  • Build barracks
  • Train about 10 spear. Once you have about 10, begin attacking with pally and all the spears. The pally will help minimize spear losses.
  • Continue to build spears as long as you haven’t exhausted the resources in your farms
  • Build mines up to 7 wood 5 clay 3 iron
  • Build HQ to 5
  • Build Smithy
  • Train 5 swords. Now you can split your spears and send half with the pally and half with the 5 swords, still with minimal losses.
  • Go back to training spears until you have about 75, then train 5 more swords to have 3 raiding parties: about 25 spears each + 5 swords or pally

A much more detailed version is available on my tribal wars blog.

Without growing villages, you might be better served being less aggressive in going to troops unless you can make a bunch of your neighbors quit early. And you might not want them to quit too early, since their villages won't grow!

What other strategies are people going to use? Rushing to axes instead of swords? Planning on simming it up until near the end of beginner protection?

DeletedUser

I just plan on building a paladin and a few troops and a few levels of a wall and make a small spiked village and then quit since I don't plan on playing much since it's to fast and it is a archer world.

Just trying to disband some tribes early on also. :icon_wink:

robj

I just plan on building a paladin and a few troops and a few levels of a wall and make a small spiked village and then quit since I don't plan on playing much since it's to fast and it is a archer world.

Just trying to disband some tribes early on also. :icon_wink:

Yep, the points are flying up already.

Keep us informed on that disbanding effort :)

DeletedUser8472

Yep, the points are flying up already.

Keep us informed on that disbanding effort :)

Disbanding is mean! There is no legitimate excuse for seizing a tribe and then disbanding it, it's mean, plain old mean!

On topic: That strategy means early smithy, I'm no good with that :/

DeletedUser

the thing with that is that you wont have barbs near you unless someone restarts! or untill Protection falls!

DeletedUser9021

Disbanding is mean! There is no legitimate excuse for seizing a tribe and then disbanding it, it's mean, plain old mean!

Hahaha, if you're coming to w25, I expect some good threads :icon_wink:

robj

Yeah yeah, you and your "300 spears" strategy. I dunno why anyone would come up with that #!

Also, simming + pally only farming early is probably a good choice for this world unless you are stacked with grey.

DeletedUser8472

Yeah yeah, you and your "300 spears" strategy. I dunno why anyone would come up with that #!

Also, simming + pally only farming early is probably a good choice for this world unless you are stacked with grey.

We'll simply have to see who does better! My movie reference amount of troops or you and your logic >_>

robj

We'll simply have to see who does better! My movie reference amount of troops or you and your logic >_>

*peers over list of 68-71 point players* Oh we'll see :axemen: ... now which of these has the look of a phat alias.

More srlsy, I think high spears will work well too with a lot of small villages, as long as there aren't too many jokers making villages with 2-3 wall and then quiting on ya :icon_biggrin: Dunno anyone who would do a thing like that!

DeletedUser8472

*peers over list of 68-71 point players* Oh we'll see :axemen: ... now which of these has the look of a phat alias.

More srlsy, I think high spears will work well too with a lot of small villages, as long as there aren't too many jokers making villages with 2-3 wall and then quiting on ya :icon_biggrin: Dunno anyone who would do a thing like that!

oh I do! I do! Chompman would! Chompman would!

/me notes chompman's village for not attacking

DeletedUser

Sigh....you guys all have the wrong idea. Obviously instead of wasting precious time building paladins and troops you want to invite as many people near you to your tribe as possible, thus securing your future from the horrible horrible farmers :)