The Beginner's Guide to Survival!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

Hey girls and guys,

Thank you very much for your comments and compliments. I am honestly amazed with the attention this thread attracted, both from inexperienced and experienced players. You should know that you've significantly contributed in my decision not to give up defending my village! :icon_smile:

So, I have a few more tips and advices on how to survive in this bloody war, all from my personal beginner's experience. Stay tuned for the next sequence of this guide. It will not be that long as the main text, but will cover some new important areas of the game (like politics and diplomacy).

Just to give you an idea of what you can expect, take a look at the outcome of my last battle (I was a defender of course!): :lol:

attack2.JPG

Warm regards,
dr

Thats a great guide mate, very helpful for many I'm sure. Your post was very legible and you didn't ramble on at all so I see no need to shorten any future posts.

Rams are built solely to take down the enemy village's wall. They are vital troops and largely undervalued by newer players. I got to 300K points in my first world before I left and still wasn't using rams. My tribe just weren't of a sufficient callibre to inform me to use them.

I did briefly glance at the forums but found them very confusing and intimidating. When I read about people having their resources farmed I literally thought that there were farmers who would come and build a farm over my resource fields. Again, my tribe didn't know any different.

When you attack a village, your cavalry and infantry attack the enemies troops alone. If those troops are situated behind a wall they get a massive bonus. If you send rams with the attacking force you either withdraw or reduce that bonus the defender would otherwise enjoy.

Have a play with the simulator. Click:

Village Headquarters > Rally Point > Simulator.

Ignore the morale and luck fields for the time being and just play around with different troop amounts for the attacker, defender and different wall levels. Set the defensive units to add up to 20,000 villagers consisting of (Spears and swords) or (HC and spears) . Your attacking force should consist of Axes, LC's and rams - making sure not to go over 20,000 villagers in the attacking force.

Catapults have the same effect as Rams but allow you to target any building except for the hiding place. You can also use these to attack enemy walls.

Not all the numbers add up perfectly but I just tried to make it as basic and non-confusing as possible. I'm sure I'll get jumped all over by the experienced players who have nothing better to do. Once you become more confident with how each troop works and how they work as an offensive/defensive force you can decide upon a strategy which should work for you from a much more informed viewpoint and move on into refining your troops/villages.

There is a culture of elitism in this game and far too many players are unwilling to help newer players out which is ridiculous. Now that I know this thread is here I'll keep an eye on it and help out if and where I can.

DeletedUser

Catapults have the same effect as Rams but allow you to target any building except for the hiding place. You can also use these to attack enemy walls.

Not to jump all over you, but cats have on big disadvantage vs. rams(other than the fact that they take up more pop space). They do not lower the walls defensive bonus before the battle. Rams do. That is why it is best to use rams to attack walls and not cats.

busamad

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
Testicle Observer @ I would always do all work in the Simulator at -25 luck & 33% morale when checking your attacks & +25 / 100% morale to check your D.

As the swing is a lot.

Plus as a starting point for village pop I would stick with 20750 which is a better average than 20000 after all that could be 150 rams worth of troops missed from the sim.

Why start off on the wrong foot.

@dr.obradovic

You cannot expect a guide to tell you everything you need to do, they can tell you the basic like what nuke is & what is good use for it, but it cannot guaranteeing that you will receive the progress you expect & that you will survive.

I think you are wrong in that. I often make guides for my tribe breaking down massive numbers, scripts to manage large accounts, external sites / tools plus other things to help with game play & its far from the basics.

In fact every number 1 tribe I've been in has a guides section that is used as much if not more than an offtopic area.

After all only a fool thinks they know everything.

DeletedUser

Thats a great guide mate, very helpful for many I'm sure. Your post was very legible and you didn't ramble on at all so I see no need to shorten any future posts.

Thanks, man! :)

There is a culture of elitism in this game and far too many players are unwilling to help newer players out which is ridiculous. Now that I know this thread is here I'll keep an eye on it and help out if and where I can.

You're welcome!

DeletedUser

Lol,

As a more experienced player, I wasn't reading this to gain information, but this was a highly amusing read.

I think aswell as offering some newer players some useful tips and directions, you've also given them a glimmer of hope towards getting one over on the bigger guy.

It's also a good example of the successes and amusement you can get from guerilla warfare when your on the receiving end of a larger force.

So much KUDOS to you!

I would say that not all tribes have an elitist attitude, and not all experienced players do to, I personally spend about 4 hours a day on average helping newer players understand the game and even showing experienced players more advanced tactics and techniques. As I know a lot of other experienced players do to.

I have seen some great guides up on these public forums, which illd highly recommend players learning the game read. Aswell as seeing training tribes advertising, whos sole purpose is to teach newer players the tips and tricks of the game.

Again, much credit to you and thanks for the read :)

DeletedUser

@dr.obradovic - You cannot expect a guide to tell you everything you need to do...

I thought it would be obvious that I had no intention to make my guide competetive to other guides. Since I wouldn't like to be remembered as someone who said anything bad about other guides, I'd like to emphasize here that the first MUST DO advice in my guide was:

1. Read all beginner's guides on the wiki and the forum...

Last edited by a moderator:

Therin

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
Well, activity isn't everything. I generally log in maybe three times a day, and two of those occasions to make sure I'm not under attack. What matters a hell of a lot more is efficiency; with time, resources, troops, everything.

And I have what many term an "elitist" attitude. However I'm quite willing to show any player the ropes as long as they are willing to learn - it really depends on the player. If I can see someone is going to be a worthwhile investment of my time, I will help. I'd like to think that most TW are of an equal if not better disposition.

nightblade.greyswandir

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
Well, activity isn't everything. I generally log in maybe three times a day, and two of those occasions to make sure I'm not under attack. What matters a hell of a lot more is efficiency; with time, resources, troops, everything.

And I have what many term an "elitist" attitude. However I'm quite willing to show any player the ropes as long as they are willing to learn - it really depends on the player. If I can see someone is going to be a worthwhile investment of my time, I will help. I'd like to think that most TW are of an equal if not better disposition.

making better opponents force us to improve to be able to rim them :)

Kash2Smash

been playing this games for more than 2years (breaks in between) and i still find this very interesting.. similar happened to me as well, i thought the more points you have, the better... well didnt turn out like that :p

Muldie325

In 14 days that's all he had? He may have only been logging in once or twice a day tbh. :/

DeletedUser

You sir... should make a book! Lol good story. But if you think about it your right.

DeletedUser97083

There is one other possible way to escape form such attacks ..... Beg!

Sending the attacker a very polite mail begging for them to stop (because you are a new active player and you really enjoy the game ...) sometimes works and you have nothing to lose by trying this.
I almost always stop attacks on a new player if thay ask politly and i know they are active .... there are many other fish in the sea (to be obliterated).

Try it - it may not work but it is a sensible option which costs nothing.

Teper

DeletedUser

There is one other possible way to escape form such attacks ..... Beg!

Sending the attacker a very polite mail begging for them to stop (because you are a new active player and you really enjoy the game ...) sometimes works and you have nothing to lose by trying this.
I almost always stop attacks on a new player if thay ask politly and i know they are active .... there are many other fish in the sea (to be obliterated).

Try it - it may not work but it is a sensible option which costs nothing.

Teper

I will most likely stop attacks, depending indeed on how they ask and how noobish they seem. In any case I'll refer them to a few guides.

I think the likelihood of someone stopping to attack a noob/newb also depends on whether the aggressor himself is experienced enough, someone with the troops as the guide showed -- I've encountered many of those players who think THEY are right and they're arrogant as hell.

Oh well, just my two cents.

Status
Not open for further replies.