The Sentimental Times: Locals claim old Insane Asylum should be shutdown

DeletedUser

The best thing for SCUM to do is, have the active members merge into pRo and noble the inactives.It will take atleast two weeks before the active members of SCUM are nobled out of this world.

DeletedUser

In an unbiased point, SCUM are against more odds than NERD were dealing with. SCUM's 15 members, where as only 8 are active are up against Insane, R.L. and NERD with a grand total of 420 members. However I would like to note that I'm aware that a lot of the 3 tribes members would not be attacking (due to other wars etc) but the support will still come from all over the tribes. NERD (As impressive their war may have looked), were only up against 8 members of pRo (With some support from the east), POWERS 52 members (currently) and about 20 SCUM members at the time. Not sure how many were active at the time though. And don't forget, SCUM and pRo were also fighting Rally (most of pRo were attacking Rally, than they were NERD.

So to say SCUM got what was coming to them, they are getting much worse.

I'm sure someone will come in to try to prove me wrong etc, be my guest.

I agree with your point about SCUM facing heavier odds than we faced with the qualification that all the tribes involved are also fighting other enemies.

However, your 2nd point about the number of members involved is far less convincing. First off, we only have your word that only 8 members of pRo were participating. That may be true, but i don't think it is likely. I remember that one person I was helping out was facing attacks and noble trains from 4 different pRonies. Plus, the Rally war happened a little later, if I am not mistaken?

Also element you have to take into account the issue of distances and logistics. We have been fighting Flowers Powers for a while and all our attention and troops were focused on that sector. The declarartion by SCUM followed later by pRo meant a total reordering of priorities.

The last point I want to make has to do with the issue of the member count. Tbh, I really don't see it as a valid measurement of a tribe's war potential. I think it is much more objective to take into account the number of villages as a way to measure the balance of power between different tribes. After all, and it is a very obvious point, it is villages that produce troops either for defence or offence.

I believe that if we take village count into account when the NERD vs. PSP war was on, it would give us a bettter picture of the odds against NERD then.

Sorry for the long post.

DeletedUser

I agree with your point about SCUM facing heavier odds than we faced with the qualification that all the tribes involved are also fighting other enemies.

However, your 2nd point about the number of members involved is far less convincing. First off, we only have your word that only 8 members of pRo were participating. That may be true, but i don't think it is likely. I remember that one person I was helping out was facing attacks and noble trains from 4 different pRonies. Plus, the Rally war happened a little later, if I am not mistaken?

Also element you have to take into account the issue of distances and logistics. We have been fighting Flowers Powers for a while and all our attention and troops were focused on that sector. The declarartion by SCUM followed later by pRo meant a total reordering of priorities.

The last point I want to make has to do with the issue of the member count. Tbh, I really don't see it as a valid measurement of a tribe's war potential. I think it is much more objective to take into account the number of villages as a way to measure the balance of power between different tribes. After all, and it is a very obvious point, it is villages that produce troops either for defence or offence.

I believe that if we take village count into account when the NERD vs. PSP war was on, it would give us a bettter picture of the odds against NERD then.

Sorry for the long post.

We had been attacking BIO, which merged into Rally later on. So we "technically" were fighting Rally before we declared on NERD.

And yes, the members involved was off, as I had stated

However I would like to note that I'm aware that a lot of the 3 tribes members would not be attacking (due to other wars etc) but the support will still come from all over the tribes.

Its fine btw.

DeletedUser39997

Sorry for the long post.

It was only 8 members. Part of the reason for reformation from what Rio told me, before he left w37.

DeletedUser

Seems to me to be one of the major drawbacks of having a such a small tribe.

If everyone stays active, it works out great. However, in not recruiting, you're really not building for the future, activity becomes your achilles heal and really does a number on you at some point.

I do think SCUM will be facing tougher odds than NERD; - this might not be popular, but I also think NERD is a better tribe.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Stats so far

Side 1:
Tribes: 1nS4n3
Players:

Side 2:
Tribes: SCUM
Players:

Timeframe: Last week

Total conquers against opposite side:

Side 1: 8
Side 2: 0
Difference: 8

image.php

Points value of total conquers against opposite side:

Side 1: 72,503
Side 2: 0
Difference: 72,503

image.php

DeletedUser

Bit early to be praising a tribe for "standing" against 3 tribes, even nerd had to war scum for a few weeks before we got recognition for it. If SCUm survives 2 months against the long odds, then the comparison is fair.

I'd also like to point out that it was SCUM who declared on NERD and RALLY so apparently the "odds" of fighting 2 top 10 tribes didn't seem to tall a task for them, with NERD refocusing on POWERS, they'll basically only have 1nsane and RL, 2 top 10 tribes, just as they wanted. =)

Also I think counting the "members" that participate in a war, is a pointless argument. I don't believe all of 1nsane is involved in the war yet, nor probably ever will be, and i'm sure the saem can be said for RL, should we take a headcount of which members are fighting and which arent now whenever a war breaks out? That seems silly. If a tribe is at war, you count the whole tribe, and you count all the villages. But as I previously stated, if you insist, then you can take out all of NERD from the equation save 4 or 5 members in k44.

But you're right about SCUM facing worse odds, not because of the # of members, or villages, or even tribes they're at war with. It's because of WHO they are at with, a combination of the most elite in the world with the largest Tribe in the world (RL by members, villages, territory), and both not too far away.

DeletedUser

A bit of NERD propaganda slipped in
tsk tsk tsk, bad BlackRaven/xmach
Since it's nicely interwoven with comments about this (part of the) war, it has a place here, but be careful with this, I'm watching this thread closely. So any missteps.... *dum dum dum duuuuuum*

DeletedUser

when you look at SCUM players in the statics you will only see three players that are on Green points at the minute. Two of them are only green because they are internal noble other wise I would have to bet that they would have no point gain at all.
I have to say its a very interesting tactics not to go for the enemy. Lets see if it works.

DeletedUser

when you look at SCUM players in the statics you will only see three players that are on Green points at the minute. Two of them are only green because they are internal noble other wise I would have to bet that they would have no point gain at all.
I have to say its a very interesting tactics not to go for the enemy. Lets see if it works.

Worked for NERD... oh shitz... that was on topic ICECO, it WAS!!!

Though seriously what do you expect SCUM players to do patches?

If they had more players even of a lower quality their fight would be longer but as is if they manage to survive a month against all of you it'll be an achievement.

DeletedUser

Just off the top of my head,

be SCUM, the way other tribes use to think of them, and fight.

But your right what can they do seriously!!!