The smartphone launch

DeletedUser79042

Okay, I seem to "owe" some explaining in regards to smartphone usage for the TW game, and especially launching noble trains.
As I am using an i-phone, (for along time now), my observations will only be relative to this specific device.

Take into account also the following:
1. The newer iphones 3G(S)-4 use GPRS, GPRS/EDGE, 3G and WiFi networks to connect to the internet. (here you can see the actual difference with the ipod which only uses Wi-Fi)
2. The Safari Browser is in use, but someone also can upload another one, like Opera.

So:

1. Fastest "4-noble train" launch that I have observed was a 2 second one. Done when connected to a Wi-Fi with strong signal. Average in WiFi was however about @ 4 seconds.
2. Fastest 3G train sent (with average 3G signal - yes it does matter), was 8 seconds. Average is @ about 10 seconds.
3. Fastest GPRS-GPRS/EDGE was @ about 15 seconds. Average is a poor 20-22 seconds. Worse was 30 seconds... Again signal strength REALLY matters and makes alot of difference.

All those attacks/trains were done using 4 different Safari browser windows with preloaded attacks on them.

Conclusion:
Only launch trains when a barbarian is to be taken. Attacking an active or carefully sitted player is probably a snipe-to-be. Do that only when you feel lucky, or you have no PC around and you have to launch for an opportunity take :icon_wink:

The smartphone environment for TW is really a very very good one, as I have been using it for many months (year +) now. But whenever I want to do some planning on the map, I go to the standard version. It is better to zoom in and out of the map.

That's it folks. Hope you have done some experimenting yourselves to share.

robot out :)

Last edited:

KarmaX

Do you have i-phone in-built to your robot body? :icon_eek: or do you have it as external input? You should be just giving electrical signals to send 150ms trains instead of using your robotic fingers to click.

DeletedUser79042

Do you have i-phone in-built to your robot body? :icon_eek: or do you have it as external input? You should be just giving electrical signals to send 150ms trains instead of using your robotic fingers to click.

Unfortunately it has nothing to do with fingers Karma. Only with available data connection I am afraid. :icon_neutral:

DeletedUser

hmm i have a blackberry, just getting used to stuff ,is ok for checking reports and realising the urgent need to get to a pc, only purchased due to 2-3 weeks very intermittant internet while getting attacked i mean so i could ring people *cough*

have started just doing random stuff
wifi= win
3g= good
others absolute cack :)

DeletedUser79042

For iphone users ONLY!

The long waited iphone APP for TW is now available @ the iTunes Store + it is a FREE app!

I test run it and it looks cool !

Check it out :)

Last edited:

DeletedUser

so wish i either had an iphone or they make a blackberry app :(

DeletedUser

Opera mini for the blackberry rocks - ok I know its not and iphone but woo

DeletedUser

Mobile-Users.gif

So we have the typical IPhone user, Blackberry user who's gonna fess up to being an android user ( thought Robot would myself ) :icon_razz:

apple-blackberry.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

that is class - i only have a bb pearl as the buttons are in the right place(none qwerty) and i cant use a touch screen that dinosaur pic is very apt!!

DeletedUser79042

that is class - i only have a bb pearl as the buttons are in the right place(none qwerty) and i cant use a touch screen that dinosaur pic is very apt!!

that little dino looks like you after the freezing age :p (hope you do remember how a nuke is sent, that we do not send RAMs for support and that we PULL the Cat vills from where there is no church :icon_biggrin: )

MR.MR

I have never owned an iphone or blackberry, android through and through here.