Not open for further replies.

Tic Toc

tttbannermu5.png

Issue 1: Saturday, February 14th, 2009
[spoil]
Saturday, February 14th, 2009

tttheadlinenewsdk8.png

What is this?
The Tic Toc Times will be a weekly and/or bi-weekly article (dependent on a variety of factors, including the amount of news in the world and my own free time), that will deal with the news and updated of World 33. It will encompass any news and events that have occurred. It will have three major parts: Headline News, Humanitarian, and Entertainment & Propaganda.

The Headline News will include any top or important stories/articles. This will include wars, huge shifts in power, or anything worth having its own topic on the Politics and Propaganda forum. If you want something featured in this section, please send me a Forum message. This section will also include a time stamped top 10 tribe information, and maybe a map (if I can find a good mapmaker.) The People Behind the Players section will be a sort of Humanitarian sections, dealing with the players of Tribal Wars world 33. This will include friendly interviews with strong players, tips for newer players, and opinionated essays about god knows what (World 33 relevant, of course). If you want something featured in this section, please send me a Forum message. And lastly, the Entertainment & Propaganda section will deal with anything comical or media related on world 33. This will include any comic strips that I make or are submitted to me in a Forum message, or top propaganda articles that I feel are well written enough to be mentioned.

I would like to point out and stress the fact that I will be writing this as neutral and un-biased as possible. If necessary I will conduct interviews with both sides of any disagreements to ensure both sides are heard, and this will include my tribal leaders if need be. And, on top of this, everything will be going through Petert's moderation first, to ensure that any Headline news is unbiased and uninfluenced by my tribal viewpoint. But please understand that I am human, after all.

I am writing this article in hopes that in the future, when players want to know the history of this world, they can glance over this topic and see any major events that happened.

tttdividerte8.png

Merger alert! Sike!
If this is something new to you, drop what you’re doing and go look at the new #3 tribe of World 33! Information is slowly leaking out on one of the most power-toppling major event this world has seen so far. A new tribe, from the remnants of naruto/hiken/sensei/gamer, has merged with members of ex-Fear!, form together to create the new and improved SIKE. This new tribe, located in the core, has more points than its former compadre, GAMER, however only has a 23rd tribal rank on ODA.

I decided to get to the bottom of this, and interviewed the newfound leader, Drunk in The Morning.
Tic Toc Times - Sike! said:
Tic Toc today at 16:32
Hey. I am reporting on behalf of a newspaper article I will be writing each week on the public forums. (I have Petert's ok to start this, and he will proof read every post to make sure it is neutral and unbiased.)

Would you be willing to comment on the recent merge? To clarify for the public, which tribes merged? Why? Who are the major players in the decision?

Drunk in The Morning today at 16:48
Sure thing I dont mind. Shall we be doing this over skype or would you rather have the chat here with igm

Tic Toc today at 16:49
I would rather have it on the in game chat, as it is much easier to quote and prove. I don't want anyone to think I am making this up ;)

First off, what tribes merged into this new and improved Sike!?

Drunk in The Morning today at 17:13
ok fair enough and understandable :p

For starters this world for me was meant to be just to pass time while playing another world. I joined on a fluke and quickly fell in love with these settings so have made this my home.

Now to answer your question, Sike originally came to be after kebabe left naruto/hiken/sensei/gamer. Many of the members were unhappy with =eagleeye= being a walk on duke instead of earning his stripes. To me that didnt matter much considering the early stages of the game all that is needed is a bit of guidance/ direction which anyone with a bit of common sense can give. However I didnt find EE to be a competant leader. He is a good player that I can say from what little I do know of him but his leadership style is a bit over the top. He has plans that are for the most part undoable and a bit.(*typo)

So from there I decided like many did to split from the tribe and form one of my own with a few friends. Well one this led to another and as the days passed im getting more and more apllicants wanting to join. Most noteably would be the members in FEAR! who "merged" into us. Technically yes its to be considered a merge but we look at it as naruto reborn with a few extras taking its place back in the world.

Tic Toc today at 17:15
I see. Now how do you think you compare to your origin, now Gamer, as well as the rest of the world?

Drunk in The Morning today at 17:19
Definately the coolest bunch by far :p

Given the early stages of the game I cant answer that.

Tic Toc today at 17:26
Choosing a humble answer instead of a well-deserved boast, very smart for a leader of such a "cool bunch." ;)

You mentioned that this world was supposed to be just a "fluke," but you chose to stay, returning to this, do you think you will have to pass on your next world's plans to stay large and in charge on World 33?

Drunk in The Morning today at 17:37
Joining was the fluke but I have made this my home. Its well known I am putting a premade togethor for a future world(w36-w38). At this time it would be easy to say yes or no but considering the time hasnt come yet I cant be dead set on an answer. I can however say that the premade will still come to be whether I lead it or not, There are many members in my line up just as capable if not more capable than I to lead a tribe.

So a more simple answer would be only time will tell what happens.

Tic Toc today at 17:38
A perfect answer. Thank you for your time. I believe that covers everything. Any more comments/shoutouts you would like to add?

Drunk in The Morning today at 17:41
"seth nergal is a sexy beast :eek:"

Tic Toc today at 17:42
Well noted.
As you can see, Sike is large, in charge, and Seth nergal is a sexy beast. As mentioned, only time will tell the outcome of this epic maneuver, Good luck to the members of the new SIKE!

tttdividerte8.png

Top 10 Tribes
ttttop101402wo7.png

awfulmapqd5.png

*Note: I am not a mapmaker.

tttpeoplebtpor0.png

Head Starts with the Head Honcho, Duffbdat
Some of you have noticed that some players seem to just be jumping up ahead of others. A good few are wondering why. The short answer is: world settings. The long answer is below.

I managed to sneak an interview into Duffbdat’s extremely busy farming schedule. Some of him may know him as a narcissistic attention whore, whereas other may see him as a player touched by god. Either way, he is a player who is constantly seen in the top 3 of Tribal Wars. For that reason, I decided to ask about his starting strategy and opinion/advice on World 33.
Interview said:
Tic Toc today at 01:27
Hello. We have not had the privilege to speak before this point. I'd like to introduce myself. I'm Tic Toc, and I am hoping to interview you for an article I am writing on the Public Forums. The questions will be regarding your quick rise to power, so if your skill in early-world domination (and/or point whoring) is a closely guarded secret, then please tell me and I will instead interview Oncoming Storm.

Please reply as soon as possible when you have some spare time.

Duffbdat today at 02:13
Hey, anything for my adoring public. :p

Tic Toc today at 02:14
Let's start off by getting a feel for the person behind the player. Tell us a little about yourself, your history, etc.

Duffbdat today at 02:19
LOL.
Alright. :)
I am American, originally from Washington, DC. I live in Miami now, where I work in the orange juice industry and am getting my masters in business.

I started playing TW in August of 2006, w3. I eventually made it to rank ~100 and 120+ villages, so later in the world.
I played w9 and w10, reaching top 100 later in the worlds as well.
I took some time off and played w21, reaching #1 there early world and then again from 45-65k.
I played w24 as well, reaching #1 there too, but also early world, and I quit before nobling.
Then I took about 5 months off and here I am.

Tic Toc today at 02:22
Interesting. What do you think of this world's settings?

Duffbdat today at 03:10
As a somewhat older player, 27, I appreciate the slower speed. I am pretty busy so not having to watch my account constantly is nice. I find this world quite relaxing to play actually. The slow makes this world much more strategic, more mental. With slow building speed, you have to plan much further in advance, especially with farm and warehouse upgrades. It helps when you can see the future.

Tic Toc today at 03:11
Gasp! Can you see the future?

Duffbdat today at 03:12
My friends call me Duffstrodamus for a reason.

Tic Toc today at 03:13
That would explain a lot. Apart from your precognitive skill, what do you think helped you climb to the number one spot for so long?

Duffbdat today at 03:23
Farming constantly of course. I think farming style, especially in a world with these settings, slow but with quick tropps, plays a huge role.
I built my HQ up to 27 to shorten build times. My area is pretty prime so I have had no trouble finding resources. Perhaps only one significant farmer within 20 squares.
Pretty smooth sailing so far.

Tic Toc today at 03:25
If you had to give one tip to newer players, what would it be?

Duffbdat today at 03:30
Managing your area is the most important, yet most difficult thing to do. It is hard to define even or advise on how to do.
It is so many things: picking the right farms, knowing when to clear and when not to, keeping tabs on other prominent players nearby, as well as who to let grow and who to starve. Accomplishing any of these tasks is difficult, doing them all well is the key to success.

Tic Toc today at 03:31
On this note, how do you think you will manage your first noble? Will you use it right away on the highest ranking player nearby? Or will you save it and wait for the right time?

Duffbdat today at 03:38
I would advise having at least 2 nobles in your first village before nobling, preferably 3. Trains aren't possible, obviously, with only one village.
So, by that time I envision there being some reasonable targets... I hope.
I have not played a single/constant packet world before, so it will be interesting for sure. Nobles will not be the limiting factor on your growth, only your troop counts, which will be governed by those buildings and farm space, governed by HQ, etc.
At such a slow speed, mistakes or misreads are compounded, since it takes longer to recover.

Tic Toc today at 03:41
Well, that covers my next question, what do you think will limit growth in this world.

Do you plan to remain active in this world?

Duffbdat today at 03:48
At this point in time, yes. However, once nobling starts, managing more and more villages becomes less fun and more work. I usually leave around then.

Tic Toc today at 03:49
Are you planning on joining a tribe? At this point in time, which tribes do you see succeeding in the future?

Duffbdat today at 04:01
My fates remain diverse at this present stage. I have no idea which tribe is going to succeed or fail, because I have not really been in one. You have to be inside and read their forums to really tell.

Tic Toc today at 04:03
A very reserved answer, quite polar to your forum personality. Thank you for your time. Good luck. The article will be stickied if moderation accepts it.
There you have it. A conversation with the current Tribal Wars champion. Let it be noted that after concluding this article, Duffbdat jumped to first place again. Also, a shout out to players Oncoming Storm, crasher, and Gai Sensei. for keeping in pace with duff.

Remember noobies: managing your area is more important than managing your resources. Slow building and fast troops mean: farm, farm, farm! High barracks and high HQ levels can help you get to your maximum potential.

Thank again Duffbdat!

tttepud4.png

ttc1td2.png

tttdividerte8.png

On the propaganda side of things, this forum has been pretty bland. As time progresses, we hope to see an influx of interesting posts. For the time being, a nice guide to propaganda has been posted, click here. [/shameless advertising :3]

Remember: If you have good map making skills, feel you can step up to the Entertainment & Propaganda challenge, or have any tips on anything you think is worth mentioning, send me a forum PM.

See you next week folks! Happy Valentines Day! Stay active and alert. TT out.

[/spoil]

Last edited:

Tic Toc

tttbannermu5.png
Issue 2: Sunday, February 22nd, 2009

[spoil]

tttheadlinenewsdk8.png

Newspaper Vs Gossip Panel - Know the Difference
I've been getting quite a lot of interesting stories from people around the world. I've gotten bits of information about huge leadership issues and internal struggles in top tribes. I've seen a few belligerent mistakes be posted on the public forums by none other than tribal representatives. And I've been informed of possible plans for the future of tribes.

I, however, cannot post any of this, because it is not news. It is simply speculation, or opinionated survey of an idea. Like the title says, this is a newspaper, not a gossip panel.

I need a sturdy, factual, current event to be able to post anything about it. For example, let's take the issue of Draco's duke sending some message to one of its ex-players. I'm sorry, but it is not news-worthy. Now let's pretend Draco disbanded because of this. I could report that fact, as well as go into detail as to why, including this message.

By all means, continue sending me any and all gossip. I love to have a bird's eye view of the world, and it will most definitely aids me in writing about more current events. However, don't expect to see anything without a strong, news-worthy backing to make it here.

As mentioned, I am writing this article in hopes that in the future, when players want to know the history of this world, they can glance over this topic and see any major events that happened, not so they can see what could have happened.

tttdividerte8.png

Gamer disbands!
On February 15th, at exactly 16:00, =EagleEye= disbanded Gamer!In a stunning turn of events, an anti-sP.Ag propaganda forum post turned around to a flaming fest against EI. The entire thread can be viewed here. The events behind this are a twisting knothole of in game messages and tribal decisions. To clarify, I have made a chart.

gamerdisband.png

I managed to speak to both major players in this forum post, the leader of Evolve, sP.Ag, and the leader of Gamer (retired) =EagleEye=. The conversation with sP.Ag is as follows:

Tic Toc on 15.02. at 17:35
Hello. I am reporting on behalf of Tic Toc Times, a World 33 newspaper on the public forums. I was wondering if you would like to answer a few questions regarding the recent mishap and disbandment of Gamer.

I understand we may have some friendship and loyalty between one another, as I am a fellow member of Evolve. However, for the context of this interview, please treat me as an outside party.

sP.Ag on 15.02. at 17:39
Hello Tic Toc, :)

I have no problems with you asking any question you feel is needed for the best results of this interview, i have nothing to hide.

Tic Toc on 15.02. at 17:41
What were your intentions of writing that circular mail message that was sent to players in Gamer? (The one =Eagle-Eye= quoted on the forums.)

sP.Ag on 15.02. at 17:45
For People who want to know my reasons here they are simple

- GAMER was on a fence so to speak they were in a position of make or break, then recieving that mail gave me a oppotunity to Get rid of a Tribe that has/had some players that would be a hassle later on and a few players who would make good possible recruits, i through a stone at a wall and it collapsed.

- I knew straight away as soon as i sent that Mail i would recieve a backlash of mail from certian Individauls from that tribe but also funny enough i got a large group telling me that they werent aware of this and that they wanted out.

- I Knew on the basis of which you replied it would be taken to the forums either by yourself or I, and i knew i wouldnt have to say much with a personality such as yours you would only dig yourself a hole, Pnp isnt all about the IG aspect it is also about what you can do to to individuals mind set, has proven here you have resorted to challenging me IG.

- My PnP said all that needed to be said about the situation, clear and simple,

That is what i wrote on the forums and that is still my opinion. It was mainly a case of ridding a tribe that has the capabilites of at a later stage being a troublesome tribe, that is the bottom line behind it all.

Tic Toc on 15.02. at 17:47
What is your opinion on EI's response?

sP.Ag on 15.02. at 17:53
I knew straight away that he wouldnt take it lightly so i told him it was nothing personal but a bit of PnP, regardless of how he feels now i dont hold any grudges against him, i played in the way this game is ment to be played. I simply acted as a catalyst to rid this world of a rival tribe.

I knew that he would take it to the main forums at somepoint or someone would, i was tempted but i waited out to see if it would come from one of their members.

I dont wish for this to sound rude on my part but i knew EI's personality in terms of forum repsonse, i knew straight from the off he was going to be stepping on a mine field if he took it public; hence my delayed post for the reasons why i did it, as i wanted to judge and see how people reacted to it.

I dont have any regrets on what i did, and dont partically care if he has held it to a personal level for what i did, if he has done so thats his view it is obvious from what others said also that what i did was part of the game.

Tic Toc on 15.02. at 17:55
I believe everything has been covered in those two questions. No need to ask unnecessary questions only to see you repeat yourself. Thank you for your time. This will appear on next weeks article :3

sP.Ag on 15.02. at 17:55
Your welcome thank you for your time tic :)
According to sP.Ag, the circular message was intended to incite a riot on the forums from EI. He was hoping that EI’s rash nature would make him dig his own grave. Now let’s take a look at EI’s responses:

Tic Toc on 15.02. at 17:33
Hello. I am reporting on behalf of Tic Toc Times, a World 33 newspaper on the public forums. I was wondering if you would like to answer a few questions regarding the recent mishap and disbandment of Gamer.

I understand we may have some bitter feelings between each other, as I am a member of Evolve. However, for the context of this interview, please treat me as an outside party.

=EagleEye= on 15.02. at 18:23
Dont worry I dont hold grudges, nor do I care what people think about me.

I look at you as a friend.

Tic Toc on 15.02. at 18:25
That is good to hear. What is your opinion on sP.Ag's actions?

=EagleEye= on 15.02. at 18:25
Which ones..

Tic Toc on 15.02. at 19:07
Specifically his mass mail to all of the ex-members of Gamer/Honor.

=EagleEye= on 15.02. at 19:17
I thought it was very juvinial and I thought he was better than that. The reason it really ticked me off was because I had just got done sending out a circulair mail about everything his message covered, and I told them that I would no longer be able to lead the tribe, and I would like to help them all get a new tribe.

Tic Toc on 15.02. at 19:23
You say you that either you couldn't handle or did not want leadership. Now why exactly did you want the position of leadership in the first place?

=EagleEye= on 15.02. at 19:28
I didnt know Kebabe was going to leave. I wanted to Lead with him. You see he had done me some favors in other worlds and I knew he was having troubles here so I wanted to give him a hand. But when i got there, there was a lot of confusion. I did change things fast, and thats probably the wrost thing I could have done.

I stepped down on GAMER because with people leaving and joining daily, I could never set down a base for the tribe.

When 2 of my top players left yesterday I knew that I couldnt go on. With the German Invasion coming up, and another pre-made I have been invited to (kebabes in it :)) I couldnt have the stress on my hands.

So I did everyone a favor and got them new tribes.

Tic Toc on 15.02. at 19:30
Care to explain your personal message?

=EagleEye= profile as of 19:29:00 15/02/2009 said:
Personal text
Come at me [ally]Evolve[/ally].. Show me you have the balls to fight.. Show me that you are for real...

I wont rest until the world is shown.

EI

=EagleEye= on 15.02. at 19:54
Tic Toc said:
Care to explain your personal message?

Thats personal

Tic Toc on 15.02. at 19:56
Understood. Any plans for the future?

=EagleEye= on 15.02. at 20:34
:)

Tic Toc on 15.02. at 20:36
Alright. That's all. Thank you =EagleEye=, this will be featured next Saturday.

=EagleEye= on 15.02. at 21:25
Np,

EI
According to =EagleEye=, the reason for disbandment was the stress of his two top players leaving. The real question is: Where is Kebabe in all of this? There have been plenty of rumors circulating about a faked injury to get off World 33, and now EI reports that he is joining another premade? However, I will allow the public to decide the if’s and’s and but’s. For now, another top 10 bites the dust.

tttdividerte8.png

Top 10 Tribes
[spoil]
ttttop102202p.png
[/spoil]
[spoil]
tictoctimes.jpg
[/spoil]
*Note: Thank you to those who have given me maps.

tttpeoplebtpor0.png

First Ennoblement Goes to… (Drumroll, please!)
Salemov! Second Village! Everyone please pay your respects. The first ennoblement on any world is always a milestone. I managed to sneak a short and concise interview with World 33’s road runner.

Tic Toc on 20.02. at 15:19
First off, congratulations on being the first player to noble on World 33! I would like to ask you a few questions for this weekend\'s issue of the Tic Toc Times. Care to comment?

salemov on 20.02. at 16:12
Thanks mate.... sure, can do

Tic Toc on 20.02. at 21:40
What strategy did you approach with in the beginning of the game? What was your focus on?

salemov on 20.02. at 23:26
Rushed to LC & then straight for academy

Tic Toc on 21.02. at 05:02
Could you explain why you chose your noble target?

salemov on 21.02. at 08:55
His villa was the best choice in my church radius & allowed me to reposition my church for further expansion.

Tic Toc on 21.02. at 12:50
What is your opinion on the world settings?

salemov on 21.02. at 16:14
I think the settings could make a very interesting world, don't you?.

I like the speed - much more strategic in terms of build planning & fixed noble costs will really shake things up.

My only concern is the amount of people quitting because they find it too slow.

Tic Toc on 21.02. at 16:15
Yes, that does seem to be a growing problem. How do you think tribes will deal with this? Whats your opinion on the top 10 tribes?

salemov on 21.02. at 16:21
I'm not that up on tribal politics - don't read the forum much. [ally]SIKE[/ally] is awesome though :)

Tic Toc on 21.02. at 16:22
Ahh, then I will skip the next question.

So lastly, what will be your strategy with your second village. Will you try to move it quickly to nobling capacity?

salemov on 21.02. at 16:34
I guess that would be the logical thing to do :p

Couple more nobles in the world now. Maybe they will be luckier than me & have a high-value villa in their church radius.

Tic Toc on 21.02. at 16:38
Thank you for your time. Update will be on Sunday :3
Not a man of words, and not a man of crazy strategy. Simply the fastest and most determined man on world 33. Hat’s off to you, Salemov. Congratulations.

However, he offers insightful tips for newer players about the church. Your noble target should be within reach of the church, so that it doesn’t suffer the 50% weakening affect of being a pagan. A target can, and probably should be nobled for the simple reason of repositioning a church. That means, if there is a big baddy you want to noble far away, why not noble a little guy next to him, build a church, and smash him with a distant offensive force! One thing is for sure, 1-packet nobles will certainly allow a new kind of strategy.

tttepud4.png

comic-stop-annoying-nurses-1.gif

Courtesy of Dartship

tttdividerte8.png

Our friend Syrup. Says :
Pancake Day' is coming up!

Pancake day, better known as Shrove Tuesday, is celebrated on February 24th this year! Eat some pancakes!

tttdividerte8.png

A very interesting and fresh propaganda topic has brought attention to a previously unnoticed tribe, ZODIAC. Currently in 22nd place, Zodiac is climbing the ranks like a monkey. But who are they? Just read their profile:
Zodiac Profile said:
Why do you belittle something you once were yourself?

A casual player once asked- Who does your power belong too?

It belongs to all of us said the family tribe.

It belongs to the elite said the elitist tribe.

It belongs to the vets said the pre-made tribe.

It belongs to me said one..I make my own decisions. I may be a newbie now but one day Ill be the best player ever..ZODIAC is founded on the belief that any player can become what he/she wants. It seeks to eliminate the other prejudice filled tribes as proof of our convictions, and as in a previous world we will put the family tribes..as well as the larger..more pretentious.. tribes out of their misery.

This tribe will be made up of..

-Plight/CND W16 players.
-Recruits who believe in our convictions.
Congratulations on posting a jewel among a sea of rocks. Eyes are on you to keep it up :3

Remember: If you have good map making skills, feel you can step up to the Entertainment & Propaganda challenge, or have any tips on anything you think is worth mentioning, send me a forum PM.

That’s all for this week’s issue. I just want to stress the fact that I will accept user-generated content! You see anything interesting, or find anything worthwhile on World 33, PM me! My blessings on your hauls. TT out.[/spoil]

Last edited:

Tic Toc

tttbanner.png

Issue 3: Sunday, March 8, 2009

[spoil]
tttheadlinenews.png

BBB Disbands!!!

On the first of March, BBB declared war on Draco. On the third, not even three full days later, the tribe BBB was disbanded by Dory. There has been a wave of accusations of spying, of poor propaganda and bad leadership, of disloyalty and abandonment. I can only report the facts:

From an ex-member of BBB:
warriormonkey03 said:
Not sure if you have received this yet or not but here is the circular that Dory sent moments before breaking up BBB.

Dory4 on 02.03. at 16:50
BBB will get disbanded. We were winning the war against Draco but now peoples true colors have shown. I wouldn't consider myself the greatest leader that ever lived but you can't deny the fact I did a good job. Leading is impossible when you are leading trash (people that coward out) so I'm not going to anymore. I gave this tribe all I had and not a lot of people respected or even knew that. I have met some friends I will not forget (people like panther and freakazoid) but I've also met noobs (people like dule and locodice) and also friends before this world (people like knight walker, staredit, and injured). This is a circular to let you guys know how I feel. So goodbye all and wish you all the best of luck.

-Dory
Might i add that there was absolutely no warning of this break up and that most of the loyal members (like myself) feel betrayed for putting their troops and growth on the side to fight in a Draco war only to get online the next day tribeless with more enemies and less troops.

From current leader of Draco:
Tic Toc on 02.03. at 20:52
Care to comment on [ally]BBB[/ally]'s disbandment?

petrospanteli on 03.03. at 15:52
It is too bad a select few can destroy an entire tribe. The BBB tribe was about poor leadership, and excellent forum proaganda, whereas, Draco, had the opposite. Dory declared war for personal reasons, and his tribal members did not buy it. They started to jump ship, once reports of BBB villages being cleared hit thier forum. BBB was a dominate force, they attacked our members without cause. We went to war with them, because if you attack one of us, you attack us all. We then agreed on a NAP, then they attack us again. The information we are getting from BBB former members,
was there was no cordination, or organization, for both attacking, and defending thier tribe. We did not start this war, nor want it, but, we finished it. Once, our Co-Leader JeanKule(#1 badass) messaged a few members of BBB he was going to attack them unless the join us, they came over. Then the dominoes started falling, and could not be stopped. Dory had lost all respect, from his tribe, and had to go. Overall BBB did itself in. Believing, it could take on a superior force, and succeed.

At this time Draco is alive and well. We may not have wanted this war, but it showed we could fight as a team, and win as a team. This is what the Draco tribe is about---teamwork---

Draco
And, lastly, from once leader of BBB:
Dory4 on 02.03. at 19:25
I opened your message but I can't hit "reply" due to my dumb phone ]: so I didn't want you to think I was ignoring you :] so im sending this message.
but if you are willing to contact me in about 4 hours ill be glad to answer any questions and state my comments once im on my computer. Thanks

Tic Toc on 02.03. at 19:26
Done deal.

Dory4 on 02.03. at 22:09
I got home early. So if you want any questions answered ill be glad to inform you of the situation.

Tic Toc on 02.03. at 22:10
Yes. I will skip to the meat. Why did you disband?

Dory4 on 02.03. at 22:18
Well the BBB vs Draco war was accepted throughout BBB and we knew we were going to win. I have recorded around 20+ of Draco's highest members to be completely cleared. But then [player]JeanKule[/player] attacks [player]locodice3[/player] (the virus that entered BBB spreading cowardness at an unimaginable rate). Locodice3 began complaining how he loss like 100 swords and started calling this war pointless. And then a majority of people ate that up. I couldnt believe the people I was leading words. I found it crazy how I thought I had a pretty well rounded tribe and found out a had a bunch of noobs (not all of the members as there were members I really had high hopes for).

Tic Toc on 02.03. at 22:21
Do you think Petro had anything to do with the fall of BBB?

Dory4 on 02.03. at 22:29
Petro had absolute no hand in the fall of BBB. I haven't even talked to him since the NAP was broken between BBB and Draco. I wouldn't even qualify this as a Draco win anyways. I wouldn't call myself one of the best leaders ever but I did make some crucial mistakes in BBB. I was unable to tell the cowards from the dedicated players till it was too late. Thats were the lack of a lot leadership exp comes in. So the fall of BBB can be credited to my unawareness to see cowardness from the get go, and the actual cowards that were in BBB. There were some excellent players but the numerous noobs in BBB was too much to hold BBB together.

Tic Toc on 02.03. at 22:43
Care to comment on the breaking of the NAP?

Dory4 on 02.03. at 22:51
The breaking of the NAP took place due to Petros threat to BBB. When that took place I started coordinating all my members to whom the will attack. Thats when everything was still ok, I suppose. Then was finally broke out when [player]veskania[/player] attacked one of my members, [player]AnZo666[/player].

Tic Toc on 02.03. at 23:10
What are your future plans in 33?

Dory4 on 02.03. at 23:20
Well I hope to join a tribe with a good, active, smart and dedicated group of members. If that doesn't happen I will probably make a new tribe and be a lot smarter with recruitment, this event added knowledge and exp to help me out in the future.
It seems as though everyone always has an excuse. All in all, this is a perfect example of how powerful members are to a tribe. A single weak link in the strongest chain can break the morale of an entire tribe when faced with endeavors. So the next time you’re scared, suck it up, you big wuss.

tttdivider.png

War Watcher!!!
The true top tribes are showing their colors, now that nobles have come out in the core. There are a great deal of official and unofficial “clean-up” jobs going down on both continents.

K54: Draco vs BBB (Disbanded) (Declaration Here)
Summary: BBB Declared on Draco. Draco attacked a select few players, who then panicked. Panic spread throughout tribe, causing a few players to quit. Dory4, clearly upset by this, disbanded.

K45: Sike vs CSE & U.N. (Unofficial)
Summary: Sike is currently targeting CSE & U.N. due to either their close proximity or their obnoxious behavior on the forums. More details when available.

K34: ZODIAC vs ExP. (Declaration Here)
Summary: ZODIAC wanted to test some of its students, and chose to aggravate a continent dominate tribe. Nothing is better than first hand experience. (pun)

K55: Evolve vs FLR & Dust (Declaration Here)
Summary: Evolve is currently targeting FLR & Dust due to close proximity. FLR has tried to negotiate peace.

It seems as though the core will soon have 1 major tribe per continent in short notice. This also means that the current top 20 will be fluctuating at an enormous campaign. My predictions will be tested on next week’s issue.

[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

tttdivider.png

Top 10 Tribes March 2nd 2009
Top 20 Tribes and Players
[spoil]
ttttop100302.jpg
[/spoil]

Top Ten Tribes Map, Courtesy of Rizzler
[spoil]
tictoc.gif
[/spoil]

Top 10 Tribes March 7nd 2009
Top 20 Tribes and Players
[spoil]
ttttop100307b.png
[/spoil]

Top Ten Tribes Map, Courtesy of Rizzler
[spoil]
tictoctimesrecentissue.jpg
[/spoil]

tttpeoplebtp.png

Academy Tribe
When I say academy tribe, I immediately think of a tribe who’s only usage is to store unwanted players from the “main branch” of a 99 member giant. This is a clear contrast of ZODIAC, now clearly a force to be reckoned with. How could anyone ever think a group of noobies would dare attack a continental top tribe who ranks (or used to rank) 21. I chose to interview one of Zodiac’s leaders, the lovely miss Owainn:

Tic Toc on 08.03. at 17:27
Would you like to answer a few questions about Zodiac for the Tic Toc Times?

Bouree on 08.03. at 17:46
Sure thing matey, ask away :)

Tic Toc on 08.03. at 17:56
What inspired you to make an Academy tribe?

Bouree on 08.03. at 18:07
Well, there is actually a number of reasons.

I was frustrated at the way that most people just dismissed a players chances so early on in the game because s/he had not played before, prejudice I suppose you could call it. I wanted to prove that giving up just a little time to help these people would not only make TW a better experience for that individual but also for the whole community as there would be a greater challenge.

Being a player mentored from the grass-roots myself I felt it important to pass on this tradition, and the players that joined me soon after have also taken the idea in their stride and done a great job so far.

TeachU was certainly a source of inspiration, but I like to think that we are somehwat different to them in some aspects.

Tic Toc on 08.03. at 18:19
Could you give us an example of those aspects?

Bouree on 08.03. at 18:34
The main aspect is the nature within the tribe, TeachU was set up almost like a school, Zodiac is much smaller I believe and more one-on-one, intensive if you like.

We also have a goal which has not been revealed yet. But it will soon become apparent. We like suprises:)

Tic Toc on 08.03. at 20:08
Care to share some background information between you and ExP.?

Bouree on 08.03. at 21:05
Don't think there is any really, there are a lot of tribes in the areas that we play in. You have ETA family..X-war..ANT.. but the only real challenge would be ExP. at this point, it's more or less a warm-up fight, something to keep things exciting!

Every tribe needs a fight I believe, it's central to make a name for yourself and it's central to dominating the area that you play in. I also felt that we as a tribe needed to back up any misconception that the fact that we are an academy tribe makes us a soft target, fighting ExP. helps us do that.

Tic Toc on 08.03. at 22:16
So what are your plans for the future? Can you hint on your super surprise?

Bouree on 08.03. at 22:46
To people outside our tribe our future cannot be predicted, our futures can only be invented. There are no super surprises or special plans, we just follow the cards that have been dealt to us.

Tic Toc today at 00:43
Wise words from an uncanny leader ;)
As you can see, Zodiac still has some tricks up its sleeves other than amazing PnP. The world’s eyes are on you.

tttep.png

This week’s highlight in PnP:
Sifting through **** so you don’t have to ;)

ZODIAC’s Second Tarot

Vesper’s Introduction

Simply and Elegant Evolve War Declaration

tttdivider.png

Still upset with user content and trying my best to answer requests, TT out.[/spoil]

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.