Too many mass recruiters on this world?

DeletedUser

Is it me or are there too many mass recruiters on this world. I mean most of the top 10 are close to having a full memberlist. If you cant dominate a 60 member limit world with 40 members then i fail to see how anyone could consider those tribes decent

DeletedUser

Is it me or are there too many mass recruiters on this world. I mean most of the top 10 are close to having a full memberlist. If you cant dominate a 60 member limit world with 40 members then i fail to see how anyone could consider those tribes decent

Top ten who run with 40 or less,

Silent - Rank 1

Non others hmm need I say more? :lol:

DeletedUser

Top ten who run with 40 or less,

Silent - Rank 1

Non others hmm need I say more? :lol:

Yep i can agree with you there wouldnt expect anything less from Silent after being a member on world 33 for a bit and knowing sasuke. pretty well

busamad

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
Why not have 60 members its within the rules.

If you are in a premade that lasts 4 weeks & want to look good in the forums then sure stick with 30 - 40 members.

However to set up & run a tribe from scratch recruite to the max.

The reasons I base this on:
Everyone is unknown - Yes they can be good players but maybe playing other worlds & cannot keep up.
Activity - from the worlds I have played I find that 25% of a tribe become inactive prior to their first nobling. This can then give your tribe nice big free villages which only helps growth. 25% leave after they have 3 - 4 villages thats in part due to being lazy faced with yet more building work until maybe a new war they find they do not have the time.
You also have to snap up whats around do you want other tribes to recruit that player due to him being 41st on the list? It would be a shame if in months to come he becomes your most active maybe even never played before but that does not mean lacking in desire to learn.

DeletedUser

I base my opinion off of these patterns that i have observed in pretty much every world since i started

1) With a smaller tribe coordination is inherently more effective due to the fact that it is easier to coordinate a smaller unit to hit the target and war plans than a large unit
2)It is always wise to have recruitment spots open in case there is a good player avialable who suddenly becomes tribeless and is inactive
3) with a smaller number of members you can have an a smaller more compact chain of command which will tend to increase efficiency. The more members you need the more leadership you need to manage those members
4) The larger a number of players you have the more of getting spies/ unreliable players in your tribe

these reasons listed above are why i think a small tight nit tribe will succeed better in the long run than a tribe that is full of members.

DeletedUser

indeed

I agree with the 2 post of barfbug and busamad. Both make sense :icon_wink:

This is too early to judge a tribe anyway.
Of course a small number is easier to handle but some players might quit, due to some reasons you're all aware of. Or better, they want to co-play.

So some spots are opened sometimes.

Mass recruiting might be good as the beginning, but nvm it's quite nice to have a 60 members limit in my opinion anyway :icon_neutral:

busamad

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
It depends on the world, your location, activity are a few I can think of.

As you just mentioned now you want to bring in that lone player so your limit has now grown what is the harm then in aiming slightly higher still?

In a 150 member limit world would you say 60 is too many or how about some of the older worlds 500 member tribe?

Again this tight nit tribe has 5 players leave you all of a sudden face real problems if unable to recruit or get players on the account.

What about this small leadership maybe only one player he has problems & leaves then what the tribe fails. (Reminds me of half the premades that start every world to me)

DeletedUser

It depends on the world, your location, activity are a few I can think of.

I'll just quote that, and you're right. Still finding 150 or even 500 members worth it,here or on other worlds, this early, is just not possible :icon_neutral:
Pre-made wouldn't even exist if you were so lucky...
Later on, ok.

DeletedUser

Mass Recruiting in the beginning of a world is common place. Naturally, the tribes with the most members are generally going to be ranked higher. It will even out as the world ages.