Top 20 Player Opinions

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

*shrugs* I wouldn't say it's all that bad, considering how far he's got by conserving his troops early on and a high level of activity and ability. It's just interesting. SS is right of course - both Apoc22932 and ThisIsObviouslyAnAlias wanted to attack him, rather than have him invited to Lamp, and if he hadn't had four nukes/nobles targetting a tribe-mate's attacker when I sat him, he wouldn't have been. Fortunately he stopped nobling barbs after joining Lamp. Though even then a few of his conquests in both Lamp and 4horse have been rather small villages.

Just to clear that up, I wasn't playing then. :) Alias, Max, Prog and myself have quite a good relationship going.

On the small village conquer side, so? Name me one top player who doesn't noble villages below 6k. :icon_rolleyes: If you are just making discussion, I don't see how you can turn nobling small villages into a discussion.

Mithrae

Just to clear that up, I wasn't playing then. :) Alias, Max, Prog and myself have quite a good relationship going.

On the small village conquer side, so? Name me one top player who doesn't noble villages below 6k. :icon_rolleyes: If you are just making discussion, I don't see how you can turn nobling small villages into a discussion.
Where did I say anything about discussing conquests under 6k?

To refresh your memory:
I'll not go further on the subject unless questioned, but I do think hlsp is nobling 2k barbs way to early in the game to justify a means.
Code:
	Jacques Le Vert (310|435) K43	1,659	Abandoned	Progenitus [KBC]	2009-11-30 14:23:35
	Torsten von Ursus (325|428) K43	2,015	Abandoned	Progenitus [KBC]	2009-11-30 00:47:23
	Sir Shandlar of Eberyn (308|447) K43	2,084	Abandoned	Progenitus [KBC]	2009-11-29 22:04:20
	Barktooth Warbeard (324|429) K43	1,825	Abandoned	Progenitus [KBC]	2009-11-28 19:43:44
	Bartel Runeaxe (315|436) K43	1,061	Abandoned	Progenitus 	2009-11-20 11:23:18
	Adun Oakenshield (315|447) K43	823	Abandoned	Progenitus 	2009-11-18 05:51:19
	Tetsuo Umezawa (325|436) K43	752	Abandoned	Progenitus 	2009-11-16 11:36:44
	Xira Arien (319|445) K43	470	Abandoned	Progenitus 	2009-11-12 05:11:16
	Sol Kanar the Swamp King (323|440) K43	722	Abandoned	Progenitus 	2009-11-10 08:52:31
	Ayesha Tanaka (322|439) K43	385	Abandoned	Progenitus 	2009-11-07 13:42:06
...post 127. . . . I posted the example of a top-20 player in your tribe who presents an interesting comparison for your comments. This is called discussion.

If you don't think it's worth discussing, that's okay. But I suspect that misrepresenting what I've said doesn't impress many people.

Last edited:

DeletedUser

Where did I say anything about discussing conquests under 6k?

I was talking about 1-2k barbarians as a whole, being under 6k villages, so yes, I do think you was talking about them. :icon_rolleyes:

And thanks for taking the time to quote several useless posts, but I don't need my mind refreshed.

Edit: I don't see why you keep bringing Progenitus into the argument? Yes I can see Prog nobled barbs, I saw that the first time you posted it. I'm not talking about Prog though, I'm talking about the rank 2/3 player, sherlock. :icon_rolleyes:

DeletedUser

The point he's trying to make is that you said its too early to noble barbs for anyone, not just teh top 10 players. What gives them special priveleges of scrutiny in thsi case?

DeletedUser

The point he's trying to make is that you said its too early to noble barbs for anyone, not just teh top 10 players. What gives them special priveleges of scrutiny in thsi case?

Did I say they had any special privileges? I know Progenitus has nobled barbarians, the reason Mithrae brought him up to compare is because Progenitus is currently in my tribe- he could of brought any other player up. I am fully aware of his previous barb nobling expedition.

I was trying to put more emphasis on the rank 2/3 part. Any one rank 300, 234, 123 etc. can noble barbarians. The point I was making is that he has held his rank, and as I said I do not condone barbarian nobling this early in the game, however, hlsp hasn't been doing it in bundles of 15.

Overvoltage

the original argument was "I've never seen him below rank 3, he must not be a noob"
we're saying points != skill

DeletedUser

Thats true, points doesn't equal skill, but the principle of don't noble barbs applies to everyone I think (although if you are skilled enough you can build them up quickly and effiecently), and not just the top 3 as you are saying.

DeletedUser

Thats true, points doesn't equal skill, but the principle of don't noble barbs applies to everyone I think (although if you are skilled enough you can build them up quickly and effiecently), and not just the top 3 as you are saying.

Evr said some thing similar on post #128. I didn't say only the top 3 were capable of doing so, I was pointing out that he is able to keep a top 3 rank regardless of the villages he conquered. This is really getting to be a tedious discussion. :)

DeletedUser

in the longer term (on a 6 months+ scale)... assuming your maxing troops either way, more important than the size of the villages you're taking is the rate at which you take villages... they are interconnected, because taking smaller villages requires resources and time to build, that can slow down your villages per day nobling... but with efficient farming a good player can make up for that.

So ultimately... the nobles per day is all that really matters. Size of villages taken is something people like to hang accolades to... but if someone is efficient at farming and takes 2K to 5K villages at a rate of 1.5 per day and you compare them to someone who is taking 0.75 8K-10K villages per day - after a few months you'll find the first player is way better off. Even though he is required to spend the resources to grow his villages for a week or two before they are as efficient as the other guys... by the time the 8-10K nobler gets to 75 villages, the smaller village nobler already has 150 villages (well over 100 of which that are maxed and better troop producers than the other guy).

It definitely is more fun to be on the attacking side though... so mixing it up is best, but ultimately you want to make sure that you are taking villages and getting them to max production as fast as possible - there are a few ways to accomplish that. Some ways involve large amounts of troops and ODA - others require lots of time and boring growth.

to slow down your nobling rate just because you refuse to take a 3 or 4K village is foolish IMO. Those are the kinds of players who fall behind as the world ages.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I still disagree with Progenitus with some of hes current village takes. I dont tell him, but in my head i disagree.
Dosnt mean i think hes a bad player goz of it.
Its a strat he used to have a fast start and blossom later, as aparently it has worked.
Would i do it? Hell no, wheres the fun in that. But i guess hes aiming for a strong mid/late game.
We all play differently. There is no right or wrong in TW, just opinions.

Alias

DeletedUser

I still disagree with Progenitus with some of hes current village takes. I dont tell him, but in my head i disagree.
Dosnt mean i think hes a bad player goz of it.
Its a strat he used to have a fast start and blossom later, as aparently it has worked.
Would i do it? Hell no, wheres the fun in that. But i guess hes aiming for a strong mid/late game.
We all play differently. There is no right or wrong in TW, just opinions.

Alias

Thats how i play..

Status
Not open for further replies.