Top Ten Tribes By Average Points Per Player

Shlomzi

Is Bored!'s leader the leader of Chess from a couple worlds?

PS: Chess was one of the most talented tribes I can remember, but was destroyed because its leader bit off more than they could chew.

Kebabe / Sasuke? Don't think so.

...and Chess was talented, but they did not collapse for the reason you said. I know, because I was the orchestrator of their collapse (..and that of their ally.)

DeletedUser

I remember a Chess tribe from world 19.
Talented?

If I remember right it went something like this.
Our tribe member was farming some guy, then Chess recruited the farm.
Our tribe member didn't stop farming him so, Chess attacked (and failed).
We attacked back and Chess begged for a NAP.

Talented huh?

Perhaps that was a different Chess tribe than you're talking about.

Ooops, getting a little off topic aren't we.

EDIT:
Come to think of it, what we call a talented player now, didn't exist back when those worlds came out.
Back then knowing what farming was, and a good village build, made you talented.
The words back-timing and sniping were almost unheard of.

Last edited by a moderator:

Matalito

EDIT:
Come to think of it, what we call a talented player now, didn't exist back when those worlds came out.
Back then knowing what farming was, and a good village build, made you talented.
The words back-timing and sniping were almost unheard of.

ok, you clearly dont know what you are talking about...
Backtiming was well known in those days, however i mostly remember it being referred to as 'bouncing' and enemies army (especially in early worlds, when you only have one ville from which to do the backtiming).
And sniping i remember being a popular term all the way back on W6...

I know this is off-topic for this thread, but i felt the need to correct your statement.
Somehow, because over time there are now more players with high activity and the ability to follow endless strategy guides, you seem to think that means they are all better players than the people who originally founded the strategies that they are all now following...

DeletedUser

Its not going to happen however because ego.. as always... stops it.

You put the right word:icon_wink:

Then we just hope someone throw his ego away.

Is that even possible:icon_eek:

DeletedUser

ok, you clearly dont know what you are talking about...
Backtiming was well known in those days, however i mostly remember it being referred to as 'bouncing' and enemies army (especially in early worlds, when you only have one ville from which to do the backtiming).
And sniping i remember being a popular term all the way back on W6...

I know this is off-topic for this thread, but i felt the need to correct your statement.
Somehow, because over time there are now more players with high activity and the ability to follow endless strategy guides, you seem to think that means they are all better players than the people who originally founded the strategies that they are all now following...

I support this statement. I've known about backtiming (though had no name for it) since W4, and snipping has been around forever. I figured them both out on my own, thought I discovered a great new way to defend only to find out many in my tribe already knew about them both.

So best I can figure is they probably been around since the first TW world ever (I'm sure someone figured it out), just now they're more commonly known and named tactics. Though I've heard 3 different meanings for sniping. Snipping nobles, retaking a village right after someone else took it (often from you), and snipping a village that someone else cleared. It's funny, in W4 snipping was most commonly used to describe the last meaning there and seen as a bad thing.