Trailer Competition

DeletedUser

For which trailer did you vote?

I vote for #3, quotes and music were awesome. It really stimulates playing TW :)

DeletedUser

I thought 3 was the best as well... it was eye catching and got the point of the game across fast and in a pleasing manner.

DeletedUser

from a trailers point of view, i would vote 2. trailer number 3 was more of a "how to play" and a "naive wanna be professional" look. trailer number two got the closest in my opinion.

DeletedUser

from a trailers point of view, i would vote 2. trailer number 3 was more of a "how to play" and a "naive wanna be professional" look. trailer number two got the closest in my opinion.

Trailer #3 would grab the attention of more beginners I thought and would be better as a professional marketing tool.

King Sean04

The point of the competition was to create a trailer to attract NEW players. Why waste money and time creating an ad or a trailer for people who already use your product?

DeletedUser

i suppose, the only thing that trully upsets me is that trailer number 3 uses alot of presets used on an online tutorial site... nearly exactly how the tutorials are demonstrated...
i guess that's what i don't like.

DeletedUser

#1 was good, I liked it, the book opening and everything was good, but it doesn't get my vote.

#3 was good, but as rogypro said, it has presets and it is quite basic. I also couldn't read some of the writing on it

#4 wasn't too bad, but it didn't really show much about TW, the opening with the world map was nice cause it shows that TW is a world wide game.

#5 I didn't like. It looked as if someone had turned on the On-Screen magnifyer and recorded themselves moving the mouse around.

#2 was great, it was my favourite and got my vote. It had the right info and images. It had my attention through the video.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

@Shadow
Number 3: the text which you couldn't read well was Tribalwars in different languages I believe :)
Number 2: kept repeating you need to have luck which I don't like + I don't think it will be good for a trailer

King Sean04

The point of the competition was to create a trailer to attract NEW players. Why waste money and time creating an ad or a trailer for people who already use your product?

*cough* read the bolded *cough*

DeletedUser

mmm... idk about you, but tribal wars isn't all that interesting... if you see it from afar. My friends watch me play it and they're like "wtf ware you playing..... all you do is punch in numbers and click attack?? really??" so from that perspective, its best to call people's attention by having a trailer that will get you excited, and perhapse hide things that will throw you off... by the time it throws you off, you're already on the site....
take this this trailer for example, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zlYU3VQNenk, for civilization. it is not remotely close to what the real game is, yet it makes you want to explore the game.

DeletedUser

mmm... idk about you, but tribal wars isn't all that interesting... if you see it from afar. My friends watch me play it and they're like "wtf ware you playing..... all you do is punch in numbers and click attack?? really??" so from that perspective, its best to call people's attention by having a trailer that will get you excited, and perhapse hide things that will throw you off... by the time it throws you off, you're already on the site....
take this this trailer for example, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zlYU3VQNenk, for civilization. it is not remotely close to what the real game is, yet it makes you want to explore the game.

exactly... and that is why I thought #3 was best because it did that. Showed the graphics in a neat way.. didn't get to involved and talked about conquering the world. Who doesn't want to conquer the world? I just wish it didn't take years. I think it be better if they made worlds faster so you could finish a world in 1 year. I think that would be more fun. Either that or make the world smaller. Something. Playing one world for years is annoying. We've been playing w35 about 2 years... which is a very long time in my opinion... and it is going very fast as worlds go because of APOC's domination and we still have awhile to go. Be nicer to have nobles cheaper so we can do more conquering faster.

DeletedUser

yeah i suppose. I made trailer number 2 :p
however it had been years since i had played.... the email announcing the trailer competition got me interested in playing again.
Many things had changed... so i wasn't sure what the core of the game was anymore... so i made a trailer trying not to give the wrong idea in case the initial idea had changed. Hence why i didn't use game discription, and only used the props given to us in the zip file. For only having used the props in the zip file, aside from the music, fire, and rain, my trailer was a killer... or so i would want to think.

DeletedUser

yeah i suppose. I made trailer number 2 :p
however it had been years since i had played.... the email announcing the trailer competition got me interested in playing again.
Many things had changed... so i wasn't sure what the core of the game was anymore... so i made a trailer trying not to give the wrong idea in case the initial idea had changed. Hence why i didn't use game discription, and only used the props given to us in the zip file. For only having used the props in the zip file, aside from the music, fire, and rain, my trailer was a killer... or so i would want to think.

Its better than I can do. Is that your name ingame? Ar eyou playing w35? What tribe you in?

DeletedUser

That is my ingame name, however i'm currently playing in .us. i used to be in 3 worlds in .net but like i said i stopped playing for a while.

DeletedUser

That is my ingame name, however i'm currently playing in .us. i used to be in 3 worlds in .net but like i said i stopped playing for a while.

oh reason I was asking is I think it be cool to make a good youtube video for APOC. Because we have formed a community here and will be fighting together until the end and many of us plan to keep playing together in future worlds.

But that is one thing I am not very good at. At least making high quality ones.

DeletedUser

APOC? is that a large Extended tribe or what exactly is it?

lol... Apocalypse and we are just one kick-ass tribe now.

I like a video showing some sort of theme of fighting and burning cities woven in with the theme of Apocalypse. (end of the earth)

Be nice to throw my favorite tw saying in there as well... "Burn or be Burned."

DeletedUser

@Shadow
Number 3: the text which you couldn't read well was Tribalwars in different languages I believe :)
Number 2: kept repeating you need to have luck which I don't like + I don't think it will be good for a trailer

I understood the different languages, I was talking about the text over the images through the clip

and Number 2 did keep repeating, but it was too the point.