Turkish/English

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

Does anyone know if there are translators around? I need someone who is fluent in English/Turkish. Don't say "use the translator" cause i've tried that...it's useless. Need to explain tribal rules to a Turkish player but it's proving very difficult :icon_confused:
If anyone could assist i would be very grateful.
Thanks. :icon_biggrin:

DeletedUser

Tell them to go back to the turkish server... lol.. If you cant speak english you shouldnt play on .net.... I suck at english.. but i grasp it enough to understand enough.. so I feel if you speak worse then I.. you should not be on .net.

DeletedUser

Does anyone know if there are translators around? I need someone who is fluent in English/Turkish. Don't say "use the translator" cause i've tried that...it's useless. Need to explain tribal rules to a Turkish player but it's proving very difficult :icon_confused:
If anyone could assist i would be very grateful.
Thanks. :icon_biggrin:
It is against the rule for anything to be written that is not English, so they are the ones who need a translator to write in English, not you to understand them.

DeletedUser

You know I read this article about this girl is a beauty competition in China. She was discriminated against because she was black.

There was also a interesting article about racism in that if you complain then you lose all rights if people complain against you.

Comments that if your english is not good enough you should not be on this server fall into the same category. Dont complain if someone thinks your english is not good enough for you to be on this server.

Chelsea has asked for someone to help her/him. So unless you have something constructive to help her with then dont post at all. There are a number of players where English is not a first langauge and they deserve respect. Last I checked their axe was just as powerful as mine

DeletedUser

You know I read this article about this girl is a beauty competition in China. She was discriminated against because she was black.

There was also a interesting article about racism in that if you complain then you lose all rights if people complain against you.

Comments that if your english is not good enough you should not be on this server fall into the same category. Dont complain if someone thinks your english is not good enough for you to be on this server.

Chelsea has asked for someone to help her/him. So unless you have something constructive to help her with then dont post at all. There are a number of players where English is not a first language and they deserve respect. Last I checked their axe was just as powerful as mine

But how do they know it is a Axe? If they don't know what the word Axe is... or means??

And further more.... Its not racism.. yoni.. your so far out in left field on that one..

Actual definition

Racism is the belief that race is a primary determinant of human traits and capacities and that racial differences produce an inherent superiority of a particular race.

We are simply stating... That if you can not speak english.. your on the wrong server.. If they are typing in any other language then english.. Then they are infact breaking a Ingame rule.

Where the heck do you get racism from that?

racism2008-08-05.jpg

DeletedUser

He asked for a translator not a defintion of the rules.

Graylin you of all people should understand seeing as you dont have the best command of the english language.

DeletedUser

Oookay.

I'm going to hope you all know me well enough now to know I wouldn't actually tolerate racism in the forum. Not only because it's against the rules, but also because it's a repulsive characteristic that I simply wouldn't allow regardless.

But on this, Graylin's actually correct. This is an English server, and English is the language you're meant to be expected to communicate in. Tickets have to be in English, village names have to be in English, tribe forums have to be, posts in the public forums have to be, etc. This isn't racism, s'functionality. And in part, why there are so many TW versions. So people can play in the language they understand. You sure as hell wouldn't be able to go to the .de server for instance, and just expect everyone to suddenly try and put everything into English for you, rather'n German.

I also hope you all know me well enough by now to know that I don't actually have a problem with people who speak English as a 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 2352341st language. And I don't allow flaming of other peoples English. So help me, the first person to mail me claiming otherwise... >P

Point being, if you have some command over the language, then people are meant to be understanding of that. If you don't speak it at all, it's not anyone's job to open up the realm o' the English language to another player. People certainly can try, as the OP is, but it's not a requirement that anyone teaches anyone else a new language here. S'far as I can tell, Graylin's point was simply if you don't speak English at all, then perhaps the English speaking TW server isn't the place for you. That's not racism. It's practicality.

So.

If anyone actually has a translator, by all means let the OP know. By forum mail. Cuz I'm gonna geschlossen this before it becomes a thread o' flame about racist behaviour. If anyone has any issues, as ever, ya welcome to mail me.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.