TW Now and Then

DeletedUser

QFT! Whit all the assists leaders now have (noble planner, war thingy etc) it should be easier to lead, but the best leaders i know where all in worlds 1-20... what gives?

c bold

Its cause, the members skill base is dropping. Old players are successfully fighting off the urge to come back and so on. So its harder and harder to fine a good skill base to get good tribes together to lead a teachU type of tribe. I would try, But my one and only focus is This world and my tribe, plus i do not feel i am a good enough leader to do it.

MarkHarrison

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
QFT! Whit all the assists leaders now have (noble planner, war thingy etc) it should be easier to lead, but the best leaders i know where all in worlds 1-20... what gives?

Leadership isn't management...

The tools make it easier to manage... but leadership is just as hard. It's about finding, attracting, retaining and motivating a team of people who will work well as individuals and as team members.

So, I disagree with the second part.

My view is coloured by the fact that I tend to lose interest much beyond 500k, and don't have the skill to run an account much beyond 1m points. So I have zero experience of end-game.

On W9, there were some great leaders - Mike (Chuckiie) is the obvious example, and some leaders who looked strong for a while, but made some lousy decisions that cost their tribes the game.

The next world I played seriously was W38 - TR was (and still is) definitely in Mike's class, and in some ways better. (Better at treating idiot council members like me who mucked up, anyway.)

Also on W38, we had Tracey, ISE, and Alex. Tracey I respect, like, and would follow... Alex and ISE I respect and like, but their styles are too different from mine for me to really be comfortable in a tribe they ran.

Yes, on W38, there were lousy leaders, too, even lousy leaders of big tribes.

W50 was interesting, and showed that an experienced team from a mid-30s world could dominate at least the early part of the game.

I'm not going to comment on my, ahem, experiences here in W59.

DeletedUser

On W9, there were some great leaders - Mike (Chuckiie) is the obvious example, and some leaders who looked strong for a while, but made some lousy decisions that cost their tribes the game.

W9 had some of the best leaders i have ever seen (otd, dream hunter, hiba)...

my point was more in the lines of more tasks for the leaders = more communication between leaders and players = better leaders

DeletedUser102689

Its cause, the members skill base is dropping. Old players are successfully fighting off the urge to come back and so on. So its harder and harder to fine a good skill base to get good tribes together to lead a teachU type of tribe. I would try, But my one and only focus is This world and my tribe, plus i do not feel i am a good enough leader to do it.

I actually think you are a good enough leader. won't know till you try though ;P

DeletedUser

I actually think you are a good enough leader. won't know till you try though ;P

Thats the thing. You probably assume i'm Crimsoni. When in reality when has crimsoni ever posted on the forums under an alias?

DeletedUser102689

even better! you can get him to do it! :p
i'll help if you ask nicely ^_^

it would really make the game more fun imo

DeletedUser

Scripts don't take away skill.

The things that do take away from the game (by dumbing it down) are things like no hauls worlds, increased starting builds, paladins, worlds without a tech system (they can say "simple techs" but that really means no techs), morale, and fake limits. All of which shorten the gap that skill would allow for.

Personally, the bias of archery worlds being nooby worlds holds because of their lack of techs. As someone who did play on a server with Archers AND the 15 tech system, I've been dying for another world to have those settings since it requires a lot strategy.

no hauls is the best thing that happened to tw. farming is no skill mostly activity ...use a script, take some co-players ,close your eyes and keep clicking. the efficient use of resources requires more strategy.

DeletedUser

no hauls is the best thing that happened to tw. farming is no skill mostly activity ...use a script, take some co-players ,close your eyes and keep clicking. the efficient use of resources requires more strategy.

nah, it just made those with activity and strategy move on out of boredoom.
only quality players i see in the are MoM and the w2 players when they learn to send proper trains
other then that its just a world of hugging and gangbangs..

DeletedUser

nah, it just made those with activity and strategy move on out of boredoom.
only quality players i see in the are MoM and the w2 players when they learn to send proper trains
other then that its just a world of hugging and gangbangs..

i was pretty occupied during the period i played with MoM no boredom at all. Only first two weeks of build were boring. the packet price is half and speed 2x so world progress is fast. it's better to use the time spend on farming doing something else. as i said farming is just blindly clicking .one needs to figure out farming method and thats all. the more your are online to click the more you get. which part of this is strategy?

DeletedUser

i was pretty occupied during the period i played with MoM no boredom at all. Only first two weeks of build were boring. the packet price is half and speed 2x so world progress is fast. it's better to use the time spend on farming doing something else. as i said farming is just blindly clicking .one needs to figure out farming method and thats all. the more your are online to click the more you get. which part of this is strategy?

i didnt call that strategy, even though figuring the right and best method of doing something is called a strategy(correct me if wrong?) other then that i always end up doing a lot of stuff while farming, from digging up info(belive me, its a lot of it) to mailing people around me and teaching people.

farming gives me a reason to log in, stay online and play, which frankly..i didnt find in the no hauls.