TWiz - Unofficial Discord Bot

BojanUA

Reaction score

Hi, zyiks.
Do you support this bot now? I have a few problems. Coordinates don't work on Channel World. It works only with the global world. Can you fix this?​

zyiks

Reaction score
Hey, I had to migrate TWiz to the cloud while my own servers are offline. Sorry for the downtime while I tried to stabilize the cloud deployment. I hope it's stable now, if you have any issues, please let me know in either here or in discord (ping me in Tribal Wars Script Library guild, I don't accept new direct DMs anymore, just too many users these days).

I currently have a bit of time to work on TWiz and have a few questions to some users here.

Conquers
There is currently (from what i understand) a critical issue with conquer monitors where if the bot falls behind for a few hours for some reason (eg. random downtime or my garbage code breaks), and it takes a long time to catch up. This seems to be mainly because we send several thousand messages per hour, but discord limits the bots messages to I think it was 10 messages every 5 seconds. So, if it falls a few hours behind, it can take a few hours to catch up since the bot is getting rate limited by discord. I'd rather not limit the number of monitors one can set, so I'd propose a few changes I could do to improve the situation and I'd like your feedback.

1) We start batching conquers into one message. So rather than having one message per conquer we combine conquers from a similar timeframe to a single message. I'd still have to work on what the embed would look like since we can't have a single colour anymore this way. (I'm also unsure how people categorize alerts so this may not actually have a significant impact)

2) Do you care about missed alerts from a few hours ago? Rather than having the bot catch up with older missed conquers we could skip sending them and get to the new ones immediately.

Worlds out of date?
Also do people have issues with worlds being out of date? The database structure and my scraping code that i wrote apparently hasn't scaled very well to all of the worlds people use (can take over an hour in the worst case to update all worlds, meaning we could have missed hours of data). I have a prototype design and code that would make it max 40 seconds to update all worlds, but I'm not sure how much of a priority it is to get this into production. If someone has issues with this, I could look into moving this into production.

Also do classic worlds in en(or others regions) show old data from previous iterations, eg doesn't get cleared out? I remember the world names get reused and I might not have written a case for this.

Report previews
Are report previews currently working? Do you use the history feature, and can you still access older reports? This year discord made changes to its previously very generous CDN caching and I'm not sure if it has had an effect.

zyiks

Reaction score

Hi, zyiks.​

Do you support this bot now? I have a few problems. Coordinates don't work on Channel World. It works only with the global world. Can you fix this?​

Hey, can you check if this is still reoccurring? Can you also validate that the configuration is still correct? During database migration I might have lost a bit of data.

BojanUA

Reaction score
Hey, can you check if this is still reoccurring? Can you also validate that the configuration is still correct? During database migration I might have lost a bit of data.
Don't work
Step to reproduce:
1. Create two channels on your server.
2. Go to channel 1;
3. Set global world ru89
4. Set channel world ru89
5. check. Send a message 539-515
6. Go to the channel 2.
7. Set channel world ru87
8. Check. Send message 544-518 (Don't work)
9. Set global world ru87
10. Repeat checking. Send message 544-518 (Success).
11. Set global world ru89 and send 544-518 (Don't work)

zyiks

Reaction score
Don't work
Step to reproduce:
1. Create two channels on your server.
2. Go to channel 1;
3. Set global world ru89
4. Set channel world ru89
5. check. Send a message 539-515
6. Go to the channel 2.
7. Set channel world ru87
8. Check. Send message 544-518 (Don't work)
9. Set global world ru87
10. Repeat checking. Send message 544-518 (Success).
11. Set global world ru89 and send 544-518 (Don't work)

Thanks for the detailed reproduction steps. Should be fixed now.

BojanUA

Reaction score
Thanks for the detailed reproduction steps. Should be fixed now.
Yes. Now all works correctly.

Propose:
The bot reads all messages now. But if I want to send tribal or players, I must write a new message with only this info
Code:
!t Super tribal
or
Code:
!p Super User
Maybe you can fix this? Can I write
Code:
Hi all. Today we start a war with !t Super Tribal !!t and we will start sending to spam on !p Super User !!p Please everyone send 2 spam attacks on !p Super User !!p
And bot sends info about
Code:
Super Tribal
tribal and
Code:
Super User
user.

What you say?