W94 Skype Chat

• Thread starter Deleted User - 4669627
  • Start date

Deleted User - 4669627

This will be the 3rd W94 Skype Chat thread :eek:

Maybe, some of you recall Topat's W94 Chat and what happened there, it caused me to make my first 2 posts to W94 forums
1 is forgotten, water under the bridge, the second was to create the Alt W94 Skype Chat

Today, Topat's chat is dead, has been for a very long time now
As well, Alt W94 Chat died with me
As far as I can tell, W94 went from 2 Skype chats to 0

Today you have 1

https://join.skype.com/zOEJ83ijhEYf

Respect it, or be the most scorned person in W94 for wrecking the 1 world chat that exists
There will be 0 racism, 0 gay-bashing, 20% spam threshold

Deleted User - 4669627

well...
that went from respectable to toxic faster than a drunk Mel Gibson :eek:

its clear W94 was starving for a World Chat, there are over 40 people in the chat, 1k messages, 2-3 worth reading :|

some people crave toxicity, some people avoid it, i think each world should 2 have skype chats for exactly that reason
everybody can get in where they fit in

the rule for this chat is basically act like you're at least 15 years old and at least have self-respect, if not respect for anybody else

edit: chat closed to open joining

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser27158

What did you expect? 90% of forum content is bile and spite. A world chat only provides a faster and more accessible means of more of the same. You would need a trained UN mediator to govern that chat to make it civil.

TheBarbarian

What did you expect? 90% of forum content is bile and spite. A world chat only provides a faster and more accessible means of more of the same. You would need a trained UN mediator to govern that chat to make it civil.

I don't think you realise just how right you are :D

Karl.

DeletedUser119075

the rule for this chat is basically act like you're at least 15 years old and at least have self-respect, if not respect for anybody else
LOL.

Shahyd I think this is the most naive post you've written if you think you will find a group of players who all will fall into that category.

Deleted User - 4669627

I feel so sad for everybody who has never experienced a respectable chat
there's nothing naive about it, I am in many, have been in many more, even in w94

but at least you now have the chance to share the experience

Deleted User - 4669627

often, its hard for me to relate to what its like to not be in total control of your tw experience
i control my area in game, i lead the tribes i am in, even in the chaos of the forums things typically go how i want them to (even that global declarationon HoCor, an excuse to walk away from w94 was a totally acceptable outcome) :oops:
my skype experience is no different, it basically conforms to what i desire, especially when i am the guy creating the chats

many of you never experience a respectable skype world chat, a respectable tribe, respectable mates
for me it is nearly the entirety of my experience
sometimes, especially recently, i am reminded what things are like when i am not in control of everything o_O

within hours of bringing the first chat online, i made the decision i would not mod it, not even be active in it, i would create another more to my liking
The Hound and I had debated the topic before, Topat and I once had dual World Chats as well, I grasp the reality...
Many people want a toxic, immature chat, no rules
Many want a respectable, mature chat, with boundaries
W94 was STARVING for chat

W94 has both, both are well populated, active and exactly as advertised

As creator of the Anarchy Chat, I had some degree of responsibility, whether you all recognize it or not
If ISIS were recruiting in a Skype chat I created, do you think the FBI and Homeland Security would be like "clearly YOU had NOTHING to do with THAT!"
ofc not, my ass would be at Gitmo
The Hound is not ISIS, he was not recruiting terrorists, but let's make it more realistic? more relatable?
Let's say the chat was filled with people who loved tormenting Billy. Let's say Billy decided to do a video call of his suicide :(
Let's say, he wrote a suicide note listing specific people and things they had said to him, maybe even included my name as creator of the chat who did nothing to stop the cyber-bullying
If you think there's only a very slight chance any of you end up in prison, its you who's naive?
If you think my business doesn't go out of business while all my assets are seized in the civil suit his family files, its you who's naive?

If I am not going to mod the Anarchy Chat, I cannot be held responsible for it, I have therefore left it
I advise those who wish to be part of it to be wary of what they say. Mostly, you are much younger than me, you're not thinking that what you say next might land you on a sex crime registry for the rest of your life and what that actual means, that you may never have a decent job, the most basic respect of your neighbors, money, property, etc
or that you will be a suspect every day for the rest of your life

there are 38 people in the Anarchy Chat atm. none of you know all the rest well enough to determine whether they will report what you post or do something crazy as the result of something you post
i advise you to watch what you say

TW was started by 2 uni buddies, just as a hobby really, but it caught on. In the early days the staff was very limited. Now they have full time legal counsel.
I am not a legal expert and cannot afford 1 as the cost of playing a game, so I watch what I say and what I am in any way responsible for.

This chat is said to have improved since the first few days when everybody who was starving gorged, I was not active, I have left, I have no idea. If you want anarchy, you'll find it here...

https://join.skype.com/zOEJ83ijhEYf

If you want order and respectable debate, you can find it here...

https://join.skype.com/qhhBIHkRrDBT

To each their own, but be wary in the 1st one, be respectful/respectable in the 2nd, it can all be good for everybody :)