War Stats Tool?

DeletedUser

I was just wondering if anyone here could make a tool with war stats or if it would even be possible.

What I was thinking was that currently war stats are on intervals but unless you want to record them and plot them yourself you can't really see the change over time as well.

So what I was thinking about would be if it would be possible for someone to make a tool that would grab the nobles of two tribes (or combinations of tribes) against each other in 24 hour intervals so that they could be plotted in a line graph (With two lines. One representing each tribe or side).

So basically I want to see if it would be possible to make a tool that would find the war stats on an overall given interval say a month with points on an interval (1 day might be the best to use if it has to be one thing rather than chnaged) and this data is plotted on a line graph to show how the two sides are doing against the other over time.

Was just an idea of what I think would be a very useful war stats tool and I was wondering if anyone in w23 would know how to make one (or if it would even be possible) or if I should maybe go into the main forums.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Yes it is possible.

I think Bakes1 would be the best person to speak to about it.

ChillyAcademic

Moved to general discussion. This is not technically on topic as far as TW is concerned.

DeletedUser

ask deadsocks, she's awsome at that if you are saying what i think ur saying

DeletedUser54677

Are you looking for graphs, pictures, planners... Need more info for what you're trying to do!

DeletedUser

What I was going for was to input two tribes/groupings of tribes (such as the twstats tool allows to show total nobles) and then show a line graph of the nobles over the interval of say 24 hours for the overall period of say a month. So then there would be a line graph with two lines representing each side or tribe. This is graphed of nobles over time with each x axis unit being say a day and then the y-axis being the nobles against the opposing side that happened in that day. I think this would show a more accurate portrayal of how a war goes rather than just the total nobles in a given interval.

DeletedUser

I had a word with Marcus about this, and I might do this if I ever have the time.

Basically, the problem is that keeping all that data equates to a helluva lotta storage.

The only way I could feasibly do it, would be to:

have tribes register with me at start of war

my website tracks them from then.

Otherwise, registering points stats, players, that sort of thing is impossibly hard.

The guy who did the tw claimer did a thing that ONLY tracked points changes for the top 20 tribes in w10, in 6 months he built up an 18GB database.

personally, I don't want to do that :p

DeletedUser55266

but wat if they're starting a war with ICE? then they wont tell ya!

DeletedUser

I had a word with Marcus about this, and I might do this if I ever have the time.

Basically, the problem is that keeping all that data equates to a helluva lotta storage.

The only way I could feasibly do it, would be to:

have tribes register with me at start of war

my website tracks them from then.

Otherwise, registering points stats, players, that sort of thing is impossibly hard.

The guy who did the tw claimer did a thing that ONLY tracked points changes for the top 20 tribes in w10, in 6 months he built up an 18GB database.

personally, I don't want to do that :p

Would it be that difficult?

Here is how I saw it being done:

Currently on twstats you can choose a time frame for nobles between tribes in the war stats tool. I assume that the data that this tool uses can be used by others (although I may be wrong on this). So what I was thinking could be done would be to input the two sides and then instead of giving the total nobles have it divided into periods of 24 hours going back x length ( a month, a week or whatever). Then plotting that data on a graph. I don't think that would require all the memory as it retrieves it rather than stores it (I think?). Thats just theoretically how if I could code I would try to make it work. However if you have the time and that isn't feasible then the inputting the two tribes would be okay too.

My reasoning is that currently what I envision can be done manually with the war stats tool if you have the patience to use the custom time and do 24 hour time intervals for the entire time. What i propose is to do that basically but then automatically do it over the full interval and then plot the data. Does that make sense or is it still not really feasible?